Effect Audio cables thread
Aug 3, 2022 at 9:27 PM Post #6,106 of 7,971
Not hearing much of a change to burning in the EROS S after 20hrs. Not worse than the original Acoustune ARS153 so I guess that’s a good thing?

Still unsure about not having strain relief - ordered some heat shrinks for USB cables and plan to install them later.

231C7911-6A9C-4D8A-8D0E-FB340F2B5CFD.jpeg

Aug 4, 2022 at 5:26 AM Post #6,107 of 7,971
My Cadmus has arrived. Initial impressions just looking at the box is that it seems high quality. I’m working right now, but I’ll do the unboxing later.

DEE0687F-2F9B-40C7-B5D9-74823EF54E9B.jpeg

Aug 4, 2022 at 10:17 AM Post #6,108 of 7,971
Not hearing much of a change to burning in the EROS S after 20hrs. Not worse than the original Acoustune ARS153 so I guess that’s a good thing?

Still unsure about not having strain relief - ordered some heat shrinks for USB cables and plan to install them later.

231C7911-6A9C-4D8A-8D0E-FB340F2B5CFD.jpeg
Hi Justanut,

The connectors are built with r-shape to avoid cutting wire issue, these details are considered when we design the parts and to avoid using heat shrink to destroy the aesthetics.

Suyang

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Aug 4, 2022 at 11:26 AM Post #6,109 of 7,971
Hi Justanut,

The connectors are built with r-shape to avoid cutting wire issue, these details are considered when we design the parts and to avoid using heat shrink to destroy the aesthetics.

Suyang
Good to hear! However I'm already getting bends at where the cable exits the connectors from walking about with the DAP in my pocket. Will continue to monitor it.

Aug 5, 2022 at 8:51 AM Post #6,110 of 7,971
You get a nice unboxing experience with the Signature series. Definitely feels like a premium product. In the box you get the cable with buttoned clip and a protective case. There is also a small booklet that tells you about the series, but it does so in a fun way as though you are being spoken to directly. I’m now off to set up my station to begin the 100hs burn in…

AE9B6F57-BF2E-4DD9-A652-2EBF6177834F.jpegBC149AC9-D597-479D-8CAE-C42EEEF9B509.jpeg

Aug 5, 2022 at 11:00 AM Post #6,111 of 7,971
Give a try of Cleo II and Cleo II octa at our Booth in HK AV show, if you happen to pop by. The pairing is great with both EK and Phonix to have a sonic improvement base on its original sound signature.

Suyang
Have tried Cleo II today in AV show!

To be honest, I'm a not a fan of pure silver cable, but this cable makes me change my mind! No sibilance nor harshness at all! The bass is fast and punchy, while maintaining the mid's thickness!

Aug 5, 2022 at 11:05 AM Post #6,112 of 7,971

To be honest, I'm a not a fan of pure silver cable, but this cable makes me change my mind! No sibilance nor harshness at all! The bass is fast and punchy, while maintaining the mid's thickness!
Did you try both the 4w and the 8w?

Aug 5, 2022 at 11:05 AM Post #6,113 of 7,971
Standalone 4W version is available, as well as configurable bespoke option with multiple wires.

Soon we will be releasing 2 recommended bespoke options, if you are happen to visit HK AV show, please come to B02 and we will be exhibiting them at the show.

Suyang
Will 4w version be available in HK?
Can't see its demo in AV show, only 8w version is seen!
What's the difference between Chiron and Code 51? Can't do A/B testing today as Code 51 was not shown in the booth......

Aug 5, 2022 at 11:10 AM Post #6,115 of 7,971
Absolutely loved the Chiron with the Phonix, magnifies's Phonix's strengths to 11. Some might find it too thick and smooth tho and in general I think Centurion is a more versatile pairing with added energy and sparkle in the treble, and with a bit more subbass presence. Chiron has a more neutral treble/subbass and is basically for pure vocal bliss without sacrificing any technical ability over the Centurion (it is literally the same in terms of imaging and soundstage size).
I also love Chiron more than Centurion when paired with my Erlkonig!
Can hear some harshness in certain songs with Centurion, especially female vocals!

Aug 5, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #6,116 of 7,971
Will 4w version be available in HK?
Can't see its demo in AV show, only 8w version is seen!
What's the difference between Chiron and Code 51? Can't do A/B testing today as Code 51 was not shown in the booth......

Code 51 was more of a limited edition cable and isn't made anymore

This is one of the best comparisons

Long-time EA fan here with many, many (too many) cables in my collection, and I had the pleasure of listening to the Chiron and Mamba recently and got to compare with my Centurion and Code 51. Quick comparison below!

Just a quick note that for this comparison, I used the Cayin N8ii DAP on P+ with Class AB with the Aroma Audio Jewel IEMs. Pretty safe to say that this combination can highlight differences in cables with the best of them.

Effect Audio Centurion: the Centurion provides an energetic, highly-resolved, crisp sound that takes technicality to an 11. It’s got immensely detailed treble, crystal clear mids and a quick, impactful and clean bass response that digs deep enough to shatter your understanding of what IEMs can do with sub-bass. The cable isn’t dry or bright, but instead layers detail on top of musicality and stretches it across an incredible soundscape. Centurion is one of the cables where I heard a very audible difference in resolution upon first listen and I continue to be impressed with it. It really pairs well with every type of IEM I have with the exception of the very brightest sound signatures. This cable really brings the heat and I struggle to find any complaint whatsoever other than the price. But for that price, you get flawless build quality, a luxurious unboxing experience and peace of mind knowing that you’re getting every single ounce of potential out of your IEMs. This cable is the benchmark for me. Additionally, despite being an 8-wire cable, it’s one of the most soft, supple and comfortable cables I’ve ever had the pleasure of using.

Effect Audio Chiron: perhaps the Chiron can be considered a sibling of the Centurion, so obviously I was excited to get my hands on this one. While the appearance is very different from Centurion, the wire composition (and sound) share a lot of similarities. I believe half the wires in this cable are the same as Centurion, with a different composition for the other four. I’ll leave that part to the experts or manufacturer’s literature! Chiron is an 8-wire configuration that’s very soft and supple, much like the Centurion. The housing of the wires is more of a matte finish with a more tactile feel in hand. I quite like it; it feels rugged to a degree next to the bling of the Centurion. As for sound, I hear a highly-resolved sound similar to Centurion, but with a more relaxed and natural sound that doesn’t accentuate the highs or lows quite as much as Centurion. I would venture to say this is a touch more balanced, with a slight layer of warmth over the treble that reigns everything in a notch. It’s still got a very high level of detail and technicality, but a softer tonality and portrayal of the music is where the contrast with Centurion lies. I really love this cable and it could be an amazing companion to Centurion (but that’s crazy talk…or is it?).

Effect Audio Mamba: first impressions are wow, this is a big and beautiful cable physically and audibly. The wires are 24awg and with eight of them, the cable is physically larger than the other ones. It’s pretty flexible, but not as supple as the others. Sound-wise, this is probabably the most colored cable of the bunch with a major mid-bass impact and sparkly treble being its most prominent characteristics to me. Band-based music rings through with a major mid-bass punch on things like the kick drum and bass guitar, with tons of texture and physicality. It’s a very musical, warm and energetic cable on those frequencies I mentioned. Technicalities are very strong, but this cable trades a bit of that for some serious fun and engaging dynamics. Overall I would say this is a cable that prioritizes fun, enjoyment and musicality while keeping levels of detail very high. It’s a larger cable physically, and while slightly heavy given the wire compounds it’s still pretty comfortable to wear. I would enjoy Mamba most with IEMs that need a little extra boost of energy and musicality, giving a nice (and somewhat subtle) coloring to the sound to create a nice listening experience. This is a fun one!

Effect Audio Code 51 (Final Edition): ah, and old friend. I owned the original Code 51 and now the “Final Edition.” This is a cable that provides a very high fidelity sound, with loads of deatil and a signature that is on the natural side. Where Centurion and Chiron brings massive detail and energy (Chiron less so), Code 51 provides resolution and detail in a more natural and laid back manner. Tone is very neutral, but the power of sub-bass is immediately noticeable and pronounced. Where Mamba gives a wonderful mid-bass punch, Code 51 extends so deep that you need the best of the best DD-equipped monitors to hear its capabilities. On the Jewel, there is an insanely clean sub-bass that thumbs like no other (well, other than Centurion). The sub-bass on Code 51 and Centurion are in the same ball park, but I feel like Code 51 isolates it a bit more and highlights the deepest of deep notes. Into the mids, Centurion probably has the upper hand in texture and layering, but Code 51 adds a little density to be the more natural vocal experience. For highs, Centurion and Chiron have more sparkle, but Code 51’s smoother presentation may be the preference for someone who is more sensitive to treble. My ultimate cable sound signature is Centurion, but Code 51 provides a great alternative with a more natural and slightly less bright tonality. Chiron, on the other hand, is closer to Code 51 in tonality but brings a higher resolution and more refined sound signature. Honestly, you can’t go wrong with any of these.

TL;DR: these cables are all exceptional. Centurion is the last word in detail, energy and dynamics. Chiron loses a touch of the energy for a more natural sound with nearly-equal resolution and technicality. Mamba is colored, fun, mid-bassy and here to party with any musica you can throw at it. Code 51 is the cable that gives you a pretty neutral tonality, a very clean sub-bass and a smooth upper register for a good all-rounder. Again, you really can’t go wrong!

IMG_6116.JPG

Cheers,

-Collin-

PS: thanks again @EffectAudio for the chance to hear some of the other cables, greatly appreciated!

Aug 5, 2022 at 9:23 PM Post #6,120 of 7,971

Interesting I haven’t tried a high-quality silver cable yet. I do have a solid silver cable from another manufacturer and didn't like the brightness, might just be because it wasn't that great of quality. Like what I’m hearing about the Cleopatra ii I heard there designed to work with multi-drive BA iem’s so sounds right up my alley.

Hopefully, I’ll get a chance to hear a good quality silver cable in the future. Due to unforeseen circumstances, I will have much more time to listen to music it's not an ideal reason but is what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back