Effect Audio cables thread
Sep 1, 2022 at 1:20 AM Post #6,226 of 7,972
My code 51 FE stiffens up after prolonged use though not as bad as the original did but it hasn't seen as much use, though so far the bespoke one with the Chiron doesn't appear to have that problem.

As for how much a cable can affect the sound it really comes down to the IEM's. For mine I can tell within the first few notes if it's the Leo II 8w, Code 51 FE or the bespoke model. So it really comes down to what compliments your IEM's and the music you listen to and ignore any price ratio.

Sep 1, 2022 at 3:19 AM Post #6,227 of 7,972
Mine is older than his though, but can't rule out that his dealer's stock might be an older one at that time. Mine came with a plastic slider, but I requested to change to the metal slider when I sent mine in for the ConX termination.
my lionheart was quite an early batch i guess, can't remember the serial number. But I gave up using it 2 years ago, ergonomics made it quite impossible to use it even if sonically it was a great pairing

Sep 1, 2022 at 10:47 AM Post #6,228 of 7,972
My code 51 FE stiffens up after prolonged use though not as bad as the original did but it hasn't seen as much use, though so far the bespoke one with the Chiron doesn't appear to have that problem.

As for how much a cable can affect the sound it really comes down to the IEM's. For mine I can tell within the first few notes if it's the Leo II 8w, Code 51 FE or the bespoke model. So it really comes down to what compliments your IEM's and the music you listen to and ignore any price ratio.

"ignore any price ratio" -- really like this term :)

Sep 1, 2022 at 10:13 PM Post #6,229 of 7,972
IMG_20220614_155335.jpg

Ares S, really has a magical bass punch that other cables are unable to provide. It is very punchy and dense and well-defined, with zero boomy-ness. It will not bleed into other areas of the spectrum.

Sep 2, 2022 at 7:39 AM Post #6,230 of 7,972
So, after much deliberation, I got all of the Signature Series cables. Here are they in their full glory:

20220825_143812.jpg

Looks striking, I have to say. This was one of the best decisions I have made in this hobby, as of yet.

Since I already posted my impressions about the Ares S and Eros S, not gonna spend any more words on them, as they perform identically. However, I would like to focus on the Cadmus here, as I did not get to hear it before.

And frankly, Cadmus has blown me outta the water.

Normally what I have experienced in cheaper SPC cable is that it reduces the low-end emphasis and enhances upper mid and treble emphasis. However, that does not seem to be the operating philosophy of Cadmus. Rather, the Cadmus tightens up the low end such that it still slams equally hard, but the decay becomes a tad bit faster and the body of the note becomes a bit taut, which has an apparent cleaning-up effect on the low end. As an added benefit, the textures become a bit more prominent, bringing out a bit more details.
In the midrange, Cadmus enhances the realism of the notes. The notes now feel slightly better defined, have slightly more three-dimensional presence than before, and textures are also slightly more evident. Air improves slightly also.
Miraculously, in the treble region, Cadmus does not accentuate the peaks! Rather, it enhances the presence of the whole treble region uniformly. And this is where it differs from the other SPC cable. Cadmus is not about party tricks, it's all about refinement and enhancement. Quite frankly, I have not experienced such a matured-sounding Silver Plated UPOCC cable before, and suffice to say I am hella pleased with it. The fact that it comes with both mmcx and 2 pin means that my hunt for an SPC cable is permanently over!

20220902_1526311.jpg

The IEM I have chosen to pair it with is a Dual DD offering from IMR, Dark Matter. 11mm Wide band dynamic CNT ADLC Dynamic + 6mm CNT conduction motor. However, this 6mm CNT Driver is hard mounted to the body, such that it produces sound as well as transmute the vibration to the shell to slightly enhance the overall sound. In its stock sound, it is a legit basshead iem with clear midrange, and a somewhat reserved treble. Cadmus cleans up the bass while retaining the punch, makes the midrange more prominent, brings out the treble a bit more, and, I discovered this recently while comparing with an ISN cable, expands the stage a bit more while putting a bit more body on the notes - combined everything, it becomes a noticeably better version than before with the stock cable (the stock cable isn't bad, just the synergy isn't exactly perfect.)

20220902_1517301.jpg

However, there is one major caveat - the earhooks. The earhooks are quite thick, definitely of a very durable silicone, but they are also very stiff and very small curvature. And because of this stiffness, it was putting considerable pressure on my ear and was pulling the iems out of my ears. I had to remove them, as you can see in the above picture, for better comfort and seal. @EffectAudio @JordonEA I would very much prefer if you can widen the earhooks a bit more and make it a bit softer, to enhance the wearing comfort.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #6,231 of 7,972
How do you swap the jack? Do you pull it off? I imagine the pins would prevent you from screwing the jack on.
To use TermX you first unscrew the jack. Beforehand the jack is held firmly in place and feels quite solid. Once you unscrew the jack you then have access to pull the jack out of the socket. Pulling out the jack will reveal the 4 pin connector. You’ll also see what looks like a 5th hole on the jack and a small nodule on the connector. This ensures you marry up the pins correctly. Each jack, be it 2.5mm, 3.5mm or 4.4mm all have these holes at their base. You then pick your new jack, insert the pins to connect it up, and then screw it back in. Your new termination is then ready to use. See pics below.

Can I just say though that I have a prototype, and while I believe the tuning is complete it is possible that some of the hardware may be tweaked, so take what I have said as the basics of what will happen.

4DBBB2B8-C312-4B8D-B1E1-CD607B5FC19F.jpegC95C1106-6791-462C-AD4C-6DEACB42C419.jpeg
AB373C0B-487A-4DB9-AEA8-89EE90ACAAE9.jpeg

Sep 2, 2022 at 12:11 PM Post #6,232 of 7,972
Hi guys, I have an A12t on the way (hopefully soon) and I do have an Andromeda. I was wondering if anyone could give me recommendation from the signature series for each of these IEM's? Thanks 🙏🏼

The good news is that I have an Andromeda (original version) + the Ares S & Cadmus over here.

So , there I was standing with the Andro in one and the cables in my other hand earlier this week. Going like...
B&B Uhh.gif

...when I realized (yep, this is the bad news part)
Dang It!.gif

...that I never got me some extra ConX mmcx connectors myself :sweat_smile:

Anyway, @Deferenz: thanks for your recent ConX / TermX explanation posts.
These were very helpful / insightful imo! :)

Sep 2, 2022 at 12:44 PM Post #6,233 of 7,972
Hi guys, I have an A12t on the way (hopefully soon) and I do have an Andromeda. I was wondering if anyone could give me recommendation from the signature series for each of these IEM's? Thanks 🙏🏼
One of the generally recognized good "cables for Andromeda" is ALO Reference 8. At one time, I used such a combo for about 4 years. Now this cable is inexpensive and available. The main thing is that it is not a Chinese fake from AliExpress)

Also, I tried Andro with many cables. I also liked Whiplash Audio, Dunu Hulk, EA Thor Silver and EA Artemis. Anyway if you compare it with a stock cable, then almost any one will be better.

About the same for 64 Audio. I liked them with EA Cleo.

Sep 2, 2022 at 2:08 PM Post #6,234 of 7,972
IMG_20220614_155335.jpg

Ares S, really has a magical bass punch that other cables are unable to provide. It is very punchy and dense and well-defined, with zero boomy-ness. It will not bleed into other areas of the spectrum.

I didn't hear that in my A/B testing. What did you compare in your tests? I found the Ares S to have the least amount of bass punch of the 4 cables I tested. The Ares S smoothed out the sound. It did not enhance the bass.

Sep 2, 2022 at 7:47 PM Post #6,235 of 7,972
Hey guys! We've just introduced 2 curated bespoke pairings with Chiron 4W - 1 with Horus and the other 1 with Caliburn. Check out our page for more information! 🙌🏽
https://www.effectaudio.com/chiron-4w

Absolutely! Cleopatra II will be able to improve it's resolution while providing for a surprisingly smooth analog sound.

- Jordon

What's the Caliburn cable that's offered as a bespoke option?

Sep 2, 2022 at 8:20 PM Post #6,236 of 7,972
@JordonEA is there any possibility for EA to support qdc 2pin and sennheiser IE mmcx as ConX options?

Sep 2, 2022 at 10:12 PM Post #6,237 of 7,972
IMG_20220830_213923.jpg

Adding a piglet tail adapter to Ares S can significantly enhance the sound by the signature of the piglet tail. It opens up more fun tuning and fine tuning opportunity to play around with. Just make sure the awg size of the piglet tail matches your cable 24 awg.

Sep 3, 2022 at 12:38 AM Post #6,238 of 7,972
What's the Caliburn cable that's offered as a bespoke option?
The Caliburn is the cable designed for King Arthur, which is a combination of Excalibur (Designed for Arthur) and Caliburn( Gold Plated Silver + Silver Gold Alloy cable), it was not sold separately. However it was used for a few limited edition cables.

Suyang
@JordonEA is there any possibility for EA to support qdc 2pin and sennheiser IE mmcx as ConX options?
We are working on the QDC 2pin connection, its quite a trouble to make the alignment right, will share the good news once we get it done.

The ConX MMCX works perfectly with IE300/600/900 tho.

Suyang
IMG_20220830_213923.jpg

Adding a piglet tail adapter to Ares S can significantly enhance the sound by the signature of the piglet tail. It opens up more fun tuning and fine tuning opportunity to play around with. Just make sure the awg size of the piglet tail matches your cable 24 awg.
Enjoy the weekend with cable rolling, Gavin:)

Suyang

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Sep 3, 2022 at 1:32 AM Post #6,239 of 7,972
The Signature Series really brings a lot to the table, really affordable and high performance. Don't get blinded by the price. It is Never the more expensive it is the better performance. We have to look at the individual strength of an iem and the area that you want to target for improvement. Then to select a cable that does the job.

The 3 cable from the lineup could possibly cover up most of the option out there and listening to the three of them allows you to learn more about your listening preference.

Sep 3, 2022 at 6:25 AM Post #6,240 of 7,972
The Caliburn is the cable designed for King Arthur, which is a combination of Excalibur (Designed for Arthur) and Caliburn( Gold Plated Silver + Silver Gold Alloy cable), it was not sold separately. However it was used for a few limited edition cables.

Suyang

Interesting. How would this sound bespoke with the Code 51?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back