Effect Audio cables thread
Jan 3, 2023 at 8:01 AM Post #6,556 of 7,968
It should be interesting to challenge this code 23 and the Penon Totem and Cema Tianwaitian. For instance. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :beerchug:

As I know, these two cables are 17 AWG coaxial structure (copper, gold, palladium, silver each but the ratios are different).

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2023 at 9:26 AM Post #6,557 of 7,968
@SteveK27 loves it too! It is the 8W.
I would have loved to hype Chiron if it wasn't such an expensive cable 😂

And one of the best part is having access to ConX which allows me to freely connect it to any iem of my choice without needing to worry about different connection types

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2023 at 1:07 PM Post #6,558 of 7,968
That would not be possible due to the differences in sizes. The hardware wouldn't fit as well.
The sound of that mix would indeed be interesting though! 🤓

- Jordon

So you just need to make a 6.5 AWG Silver cable for me to bespoke!

So how does the Code 23 stack up against the original cable for the Trallii or say my bespoke Code 51/Chiron, or Ode to Laura and some of the other insanely prices copper cables?

Jan 3, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #6,559 of 7,968
Jan 3, 2023 at 1:44 PM Post #6,560 of 7,968
So glad I'm dragging ass this morning before heading back to the office following a 2 week break. Why? DHL brought me a Christmas present from Hong Kong!

Behold the Christmas cable from EA, Ares 8w signature series, which came with a beautiful case for 4 cables. What a package from EA!

20230103_101916.jpg
20230103_101941.jpg
20230103_102207.jpg
20230103_102222.jpg

So, wow, happy tuesday thanks to EA!!!

Just grabbed for the closest IEM, MMR Balmung, and just Wow!!!! More depth, punch, air, my lord these IEMs rock!!

20230103_104029.jpg

Thank you, Effect Audio, nice package, happy customer!!! Of course, right after I sent the order, I learn about Code23. Oy.

Jan 3, 2023 at 2:00 PM Post #6,561 of 7,968
So glad I'm dragging ass this morning before heading back to the office following a 2 week break. Why? DHL brought me a Christmas present from Hong Kong!

Behold the Christmas cable from EA, Ares 8w signature series, which came with a beautiful case for 4 cables. What a package from EA!

20230103_101916.jpg20230103_101941.jpg20230103_102207.jpg20230103_102222.jpg

So, wow, happy tuesday thanks to EA!!!

Just grabbed for the closest IEM, MMR Balmung, and just Wow!!!! More depth, punch, air, my lord these IEMs rock!!

20230103_104029.jpg

Thank you, Effect Audio, nice package, happy customer!!! Of course, right after I sent the order, I learn about Code23. Oy.
Well they left space in the case for a Code23...

Jan 3, 2023 at 10:51 PM Post #6,562 of 7,968
After listening to some more tracks I feel I have a better understanding of the sound of the Code 23. The bass is especially pronunced on bassy tracks, more than the Ares S 8W in comparison. The bass is presented differently as I mentioned above. It's fast and clean with a very solid envelope like the sound of a good quality BA that hits really hard mixed with the bass of a DD. Despite the strong bass, the upper-mids are still the focus here so vocal and the like are still the star of the show. These is more decay in the upper range of the spectrum so the sense of height is great. There is more layering due to the layers of sound I mentioned and the sound from intrusments like the triangle and bells is especially holographic which reminds me of the sound of the Ares S (not 8W).
After about 2 weeks of casual burn-in I think the Code 23 has finally fully opened-up. It's more balanced and the bass has a bit more rumble now. Overall it's just became even more expansive and clear!

Jan 4, 2023 at 12:12 AM Post #6,563 of 7,968
Man, I am impressed, super impressed with the amazing Effect Audio Code 23. Earlier I tried it with the UM Mext yesterday and then later yesterday night treated it with Audeze Euclid and I am literally blown away. I know not everyone believes in cable rolling, but man the Code 23 does wonders with the Euclid. It has got good bass quantity and got an improved sense of spacing as well. Instruments are crispier yet don't have any signs of sharpness. Feels like I have to save up and get this cable for myself, especially for the Euclids.

The only con be like, I need it to be a little manageable. It's big, thick, and heavy. but thank god it's not very stiff so easy to manage at home where I use the Euclids mostly. Would like to thank @Ace Bee and @JordonEA for this opportunity to test it.

PXL_20230104_045923578.jpg

Jan 5, 2023 at 1:29 AM Post #6,564 of 7,968
So much for keeping one of my 2023 New Year’s resolution.

156033E5-C95A-4399-92C8-5EE1C118A845.jpeg

Jan 5, 2023 at 8:23 AM Post #6,566 of 7,968
Jan 5, 2023 at 8:34 AM Post #6,567 of 7,968
Jan 5, 2023 at 4:31 PM Post #6,569 of 7,968
Went from not owning any aftermarket cables to 3 in just a few weeks. 🤦‍♂️ the 8W makes the og signatures look tiny.

tempImagehTUgrm.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2023 at 9:16 PM Post #6,570 of 7,968
After all the holiday festivities, travel, & restarting work I finally got some more focus-time with the Code 23 prototype today. Man, I love this cable although I've concluded it's a decidedly desktop or home use cable for me. My initial impressions when I first got it and plugged into my MEXT was as I remember "Holy Cow - Wall of Sound" well I stick by that, I don't know what alchemy, wizardry, or engineering marvel they've put into this thing but I stand by initial impressions.. It's a chunky beast and for me at least it will used at home and mostly desktop in my office or living room. Today I spent considerable time with this cable and my IMR RAH. The RAH really is a remarkable IEM with a 15mm Beryllium DD + 10mm Planar + Piezo and Bob over at IMR really dialled this thing in. In it's original form its a semi open back aluminum shell and it thumps with beautiful deep and analogue sub, mid and upper bass, crystal clear airy treble with those two ends perfectly connected by exquisite mids out of that planar. I loved that IEM so much I bought a 2nd one to have re-shelled as CIEM. I figured it would either be the best thing I've ever done or a complete train wreck to the tuning. It worked out magnificently .... but .... the reshell caused what was an already a strong bass and increased the quantity I figure from the increased occlusion and the removal of the open vents. All this to say I love the CIEM RAH and sold off the universal, but have been running it with a Pure Silver Cable to thin out the bass a little and have avoided copper with this unit. So, I was curious about how the thick chunky Copper Code 23 would work with this IEM, believing it'll be too much..... Nope, not the case at all. This cable has been perfect with everything I've tried it with..... Xelento 2, MEXT, ie800 perfect in sound anyway, its just way to stiff to use with shallow fitting Xelento and 800.
But now, why I described the RAH. I was concerned that this beast of a cable would bring way to much of the bass and I'd have to stick with silver. Very much to my surprise - its a great pairing.
I have to stay with description "Wall of Sound" - The bass is fatter, wider yet more detailed and textured. The planar is singing and all the resolution afforded by the piezo it floating off in the corners or in the center stages as it was recorded. I think the easiest way to describe what I'm hearing is that it's taking everything I love about the IEMS ive used it with and just giving me more - it's dialing everything up in a positive way with no bloating, overdoing or over whelming anything. It really is amazing. I've still got one IEM with bone conduction but have rotated through a few of them and what it's done for this RAH has been to enhance everything to the point that I'm getting that visceral effect that BC offers even though it's not there. This is copper done right and I'll be picking up at least one of them but curious as to how the final production unit turns out in terms of stiffness. I believe it with be sheathed in a softer cover but as for the wire and construction, Code 23 is amazing. Thank you @JordonEA for allowing me to sample this protoype. I've got a new single DD from IMR showing up the end of the month and look forward to pairing it up with this beast!

Attachments

• IMG_20230105_173443.jpg
    IMG_20230105_173443.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230105_173619.jpg
    IMG_20230105_173619.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back