Effect Audio cables thread
Jan 17, 2023 at 3:17 PM Post #6,616 of 7,970
@ChrisOc was good enough to lend me the Effect Audio Cleopatra 11 cable to give me the experience of a premium cable. The cable came with 2 pin connectors and 4.4mm pentacon.
I used the cable with the following iems IMR acoustics Halcyon, PB1, Elan and opus Mia. The Mangird Tea 2, IKKO OH10 and Yan Yin Aladin
I used the CAYIN N3pro, Sony NW-WM1A and FiiO M15.
Now I'm not the kind of guy who gets into big discussions on the subject of pros or cons of cables. All I know is cables do sound different from each other in my experience. I'm not fluent in Audiophile language so please accept my clumsy prose.

OK, my thoughts...
The Cleopatra affected the bass response in all the above iems but especially the IMR ACOUSTICS, removing "bass bloom" adding more space allowing instruments to stand out from each other. This did come at the cost of visceral Dynamics to a certain extent on the PB1 but overall I really enjoyed the experience. Details in the mids and treble were more "obvious" when I switched back to my normal cables the details were still there but I had to concentrate to hear them, where with the Cleopatra 11 they were just there no concentration needed.

I love this cable and will be sad to see it go, but...
I would struggle to pay the full asking price on my midfi budget. I think if you are in the Kilo buck arena the cable makes sense to squeeze every nuance out of your iems.
Any way I've rambled enough with stream of consciousness.
The Cleopatra 2 is a great cable and a surprise at the same time. Before trying it I had the assumption that all silver cables dampen the base and increased the treble. After extended use with a Cleopatra 2 my mind was changed, the bass sounded excellent and a treble was just right.

I currently have it paired with the indigo and couldn’t be happier the synergy, IMHO it’s excellent.

Jan 19, 2023 at 2:38 PM Post #6,619 of 7,970
Rocking the Eros S 8W today. I would like to see this as an option one day.
7AD2034A-C9D7-4269-86F3-B2908BC8DD68.jpeg

Jan 19, 2023 at 5:06 PM Post #6,620 of 7,970
Just confirming for anyone that would like to know in the future by searching this thread (like I tried) that the conx ipx adapter Does NOT fit the AKG n5005 IEM.

Jan 20, 2023 at 4:55 AM Post #6,622 of 7,970
Just confirming for anyone that would like to know in the future by searching this thread (like I tried) that the conx ipx adapter Does NOT fit the AKG n5005 IEM.
Do you mean MMCX?

I was pretty sure the N5005 used a slightly proprietary MMCX connector.

I forgot what was different from it but it might be similar to the IEx00 from Senny.

Jan 20, 2023 at 11:13 AM Post #6,624 of 7,970
Do you mean MMCX?

I was pretty sure the N5005 used a slightly proprietary MMCX connector.

I forgot what was different from it but it might be similar to the IEx00 from
Yes, MMCX. And you are also correct that it sounds like the MMCX implementation on the N5005 might be slightly proprietary.

Jan 20, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #6,625 of 7,970
Rocking the Eros S 8W today. I would like to see this as an option one day.
7AD2034A-C9D7-4269-86F3-B2908BC8DD68.jpeg
As an option for what?

I love mine. Listening to them burn in now with my Indigo.

Jan 20, 2023 at 7:36 PM Post #6,627 of 7,970
As a standard purchase option for the 8 weave version of the cable. The 8W version does sound a little fuller in the bass to my ears over the standard 4W they sell but both are great.
Oh, you mean because it was a "limited" release. Maybe they will add it at some point, but happy to have one.

Jan 21, 2023 at 8:34 AM Post #6,628 of 7,970
Hello Friends,

I received the new Kinera x Effect Audio Orlog. The cable has got some surreal unboxing experience. It's has got an amazing build as well. But I feel the golden and silver wire combination looks a bit odd. For sound, I have only paired it with Symphonium Audio Meteor so far, it sounds better detailed, and a tad bit more open as well. Details are noticeably improved compared to the stock cable. I don't find it to overly exaggerating any frequency though. I will post final review soon.

Some clicks:-
3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

I have also posted the unboxing on my YT channel, I hope you guys enjoy it as well(Forgive me for my bad English it's not my native language, I am trying to learn and improve)

Jan 21, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #6,629 of 7,970
Hello Friends,

I received the new Kinera x Effect Audio Orlog. The cable has got some surreal unboxing experience. It's has got an amazing build as well. But I feel the golden and silver wire combination looks a bit odd. For sound, I have only paired it with Symphonium Audio Meteor so far, it sounds better detailed, and a tad bit more open as well. Details are noticeably improved compared to the stock cable. I don't find it to overly exaggerating any frequency though. I will post final review soon.

Some clicks:-
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
I have also posted the unboxing on my YT channel, I hope you guys enjoy it as well(Forgive me for my bad English it's not my native language, I am trying to learn and improve)

I never knew that this cable existed.

Jan 23, 2023 at 6:34 AM Post #6,630 of 7,970

Users who are viewing this thread

Back