Effect Audio cables thread
Apr 8, 2023 at 2:43 AM Post #6,796 of 7,968
Any opinions on Cadmus 8w vs Eros S (priced the same) for the u12t?

Apr 8, 2023 at 9:39 PM Post #6,797 of 7,968
Apr 14, 2023 at 3:03 AM Post #6,798 of 7,968
Got the Code 23 limited edition. When I thought the Elysian Gaea can't get any better, this cable just blew my mind. It gives more bass and tame down the tribble which gives the voice more warm. The staging and resolution is amazing.

I also match the $50 Tangzu Wan'er to this cable. crap! It sound like $500 iem!
IMG_6634.jpg

Apr 14, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #6,799 of 7,968
I find myself reaching for this pairing more and more often. Code 23 with LX. At the moment it’s slightly edging out my Traillii and Phonix as my current preference to listen to.

IMG_2355.jpeg

Apr 18, 2023 at 3:28 PM Post #6,801 of 7,968
The 4.4mm termination of my 4w Chiron is slightly damaged 😭 I think it’s due to the adapters I've been using but the gold plating looks to be overly worn and the end “nub” of the termination is quite rough. Does anyone know if effect audio do termination replacements and how much this would cost from the UK?

Apr 18, 2023 at 9:22 PM Post #6,802 of 7,968
The 4.4mm termination of my 4w Chiron is slightly damaged 😭 I think it’s due to the adapters I've been using but the gold plating looks to be overly worn and the end “nub” of the termination is quite rough. Does anyone know if effect audio do termination replacements and how much this would cost from the UK?
I had some EA cables re-terminated earlier this year. It was about a $40 fee plus the replacement costs - I got ConX and TermX. I don't know about shipping as I dropped them off with EA at CanJam NYC. Overall, great service from @JordonEA and Haley

Apr 18, 2023 at 10:36 PM Post #6,803 of 7,968
Hello @Tristy 😃 Do send our service team an email to info@effectaudio.com. The team will be able to help you out on that!
Let me know if everything goes well 🙌🏽

- Jordon

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Apr 19, 2023 at 6:15 PM Post #6,807 of 7,968
I have had the pleasure to listen to the Ares S 8w this day.

What a TOTAL surprise. Good surprise 💪

To be honest, I wasn't expecting anything from this. It happened by chance, a friend of mine suggested it.

Well, Impressive pairing with my beloved Aure Ringo's* 🥰😎🥰

Maybe the best pairing I have experienced with ... Every prices (Code 51, 1960, Orpheus... to name a few "cost no object" cables I have tested with my Ringo's...).

It ticked all my boxes : very good tones and timbres, a lot of density, natural resolution, and definition at a very high level, very good dynamics, snappy transients, lots of air, refined but very energetic, very extended bandwidth...

Full strike, call me impressed. Even my Aaw Aoraki cable is in danger (best pairing so far before this Ares S 8w... Before) 😁👍

I'm going to listen more carefully, and over time, then decide.

* Curiously, it wasn't very good with my AE Mentawai's 🤔 : agressive, thin tonality... Very weird because it was so perfect with my Ringo's.... Full synergy Vs bad pairing. I'm used to cables erratic behaviour (sometimes), and I know the game of synergies perfectly, but witnessing these... phenomena is always very disturbing, especially when it's so obvious (and completely opposite here), all other things being equal.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2023 at 2:26 AM Post #6,808 of 7,968
Ares S 8W looks incredible. Built quality and the hardware is top notch as always with EA. And the braiding is really amazing.
The cable is also light and comfortable because very flexible. SQ impressions after some burn in :wink:

Ah 😂

It was THIS cable I have listened to, yesterday.🥰

Andricop's own cable : the one in the pics above.

Thanks bro 😎👍

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2023 at 11:52 AM Post #6,809 of 7,968
Ares S 8W In The House
This stunning cable arrived early this morning and I couldn't be happier. I run a daily live podcast and as luck would have it, this beauty showed up literally 5 minutes after I ended the meeting so I've had the pleasure of using it all day. Like many in this hobby I have been buying, selling and trading my way around chasing the elusive. This journey has had me through pretty every kind of tech, custom and universal until I landed on the UM MEST Indigo. For me, this IEM ticks every box - almost. I am a bass head, a treble head and a mid head. Maybe I'm just a head - I dont know. Anyway, to get to Indigo I traded out my MEXT which I adored for it's deep rich layers of bass and frankly what I believed to very good mids and even treble response, albeit a little rolled off. When I got my hands on the Indigo it was instant love, superior in every way to the MEXT and for a $1500 difference it better be but the trade off for me was the bass; MEXT had it in spades with no bloat or bleed. In months that have followed I've tried every cable in my arsenal to see if I could lift the bass a little and the only one that could do it was the CODE 23, it's just too much cable for these light little jewels.

Well, this morning the Ares S 8 arrived. MEXT meet Indigo! This EA offering elevates the lower end with a lift in the sub-bass without any bloat in fact I can only describe it like this: It increases the layering and definition and widens it - not quite the "wall of sound" I used to describe Code 23, but man, it's an instant and evident shift. The mids remain lush, just "lusher" and all the sparkle and detail remain up top. This cable on this IEM is absolutely stunning and although The Indigo comes with a premium PW cable, the Ares S 8 W takes it up several notches and I can say it's totally worth it's asking price IMHO. For those of you concerned about the girth, its 8 core but it is incredibly flexible and comfortable.

With the Ares S 8 paired to the Indigo I've got everything I wanted now. I did have a good long session with the Penon Impact as I was considering it as an option but I found the signatures to be quite similar to the Indie with the Impact's mids (vocals in particular) more forward. This cable doesn't bring the vocals more forward in the staging, it just somehow fattens them up without the fat! I'm really done looking for my perfect pairing now. Thank You EA!
Completely agreed with your description. 👍

Apr 20, 2023 at 6:16 PM Post #6,810 of 7,968
I’m hearing such positivity with the Ares 8! I wonder if anyone (or Jordon if he’s lurking!) has compared the Ares 8 to the Cleo II 8 which I’ve recently purchased and am blown away by!! What’s the differences? Like Holsen and Ufanco I’m using my EA cable with Mest Indigo. It’s sounding just amazing … but I’m intrigued!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back