Effect Audio cables thread
Aug 17, 2023 at 1:58 PM Post #7,306 of 7,957
Hades II really is an excellent cable and it is a lot of improvement as compare it with Hades I in terms of sound stage, analytical capacity and dynamism.
If you missed Hades I before, please don’t miss Hades II this time.

IMG_9909.jpeg

Hades is pretty!

I would match this one with Diva. :)

+1 on the DIVA match.

I just got the Fusion 1 cable, currently trying it out with the u12t and u4s. Sounds fantastic with both and seems to have a bit more warmth and body to the sound vs the 64 Audio Premium Silver Cable.

Would love to use this cable for both IEMs but I don’t like the idea of constantly plugging and unplugging a cable from the IEMs.

Sadly my wallet won’t allow me to buy two of the Fusion 1 cables 🫠

Your wallet won't let you buy it, but time will :wink:

Aug 17, 2023 at 8:55 PM Post #7,307 of 7,957
IMG_4495.jpeg

Looks like the keyword Octa has appread a few times. Let me enjoy the glory of Horus 8 (Octa).

Aug 18, 2023 at 1:50 AM Post #7,308 of 7,957
I tried the Ares S 4-wire and Cadmus 4-wire with the U12t. The Ares S muddies up the lower mids too much and adds a little too much coloration. Both the Ares and Cadmus gave the U12t more body which I appreciated. The Cadmus was a better fit, adding a little coloration but not as much as the Ares.

The Cadmus was overall as resolving as the stock cable, but felt less so because of the added body/coloration. Perhaps the 8W Cadmus may fit my needs by eking out a little bit more detail.

I'm curious about the Eros S and Fusion 1 which use copper and silver wires in their composition.
Ah yes I've heard that from other people using the Ares S with the U12t. I am really enjoying the Fusion 1 so far with my U12t... it's definitely injecting more emotion and body into the music which I love and I don't feel like I'm missing out on any detail (which has always been my favourite part of the U12t).

Plus I really like the look of it (especially while using the M12 modules):

4C8B87CF-A6BE-4D7E-8CD5-9B2B2BC7BF79 2.JPG

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2023 at 12:43 AM Post #7,310 of 7,957
I am interested in buying an Effect Audio Cable - Eros S, with the termination, Performance (Pentaconn OFC 4.4mm Plug)

Is it worth buying this version? Or better buy the normal version?

Yes, as they say, the Pentaconn version, because it is gold and copper plated, makes the midrange soft and improves the vocal range?

Is the difference really noticeable, between the two versions? :thinking:

Aug 19, 2023 at 1:23 AM Post #7,311 of 7,957
I am interested in buying an Effect Audio Cable - Eros S, with the termination, Performance (Pentaconn OFC 4.4mm Plug)

Is it worth buying this version? Or better buy the normal version?

Yes, as they say, the Pentaconn version, because it is gold and copper plated, makes the midrange soft and improves the vocal range?

Is the difference really noticeable, between the two versions? :thinking:
If you are sure about using 4.4mm all the time, choose the Pentaconn OFC plug, which is probably better quality than the swappable system one.

Aug 19, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #7,312 of 7,957
Hello. During waiting for some info and nice photo from CanJam, iam tonight with Effect audio. I like this cables for versatility. I can use it with all my IEMs. And i must say, that i hear difference and for me and my preferences Cadmus is my favorite now. Mainly with Gaea. Best detail and open air sound. Of course this my preferences and for my ears. Have a nice evening all. :wink:

Attachments

• 20230819_191231.jpg
    20230819_191231.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Aug 19, 2023 at 3:54 PM Post #7,313 of 7,957
A great day at Canjam and it was good to catch up with @JordonEA again. There was a nice selection of cables at the stand including the Signature series, the Cleopatra II’s, Code 23, Fusion 1, the Chiron family and the chunky Centurion.

I had a listen to the Chiron Nova and Centurion paired with my Phonix and SP3000. Both great sounding. My favourite was the Nova as it had a bit of warmth to it which suits my preferences.

IMG_2444.jpegIMG_2447.jpeg
IMG_2446.jpeg
IMG_2448.jpeg

Aug 19, 2023 at 4:38 PM Post #7,314 of 7,957
DSC01321.JPG

EROS S 1st anniversary. Quite the looker, especially right out of the box.

Gotta hand it to the Effect Audio guys for a classy display when opening one of these. This cable is supposed to be an intro level cable? I don't think so. These cables will adorn and enhance anything you attach them to. Looking forward to getting to know these. That black with gold specs. So nice.

Aug 21, 2023 at 5:40 PM Post #7,315 of 7,957
Alright,

I quick update on Fusion 1 around here…

I think everyone agrees that Fusion 1 is an eye catcher and it is. I does look, feel and sound great.

I gladly had a chance to try it on my Mest Mk3 while I had it and as you can see below they do look great together. The gold accent on the IEM goes really well with the cable hardware. Like an extension of each other.

But going to Sound.

Mest Mk3 + EA Fusion 1

MM3 is natural deep bass controlled IEM, but not as insane as some from FatFreq, with clear and detailed upper frequencies. It’s a great IEM for it’s price (just ignore the stock cable version…)

Sub-bass to lower Mids

This is the area where I think Fusion shines the most, it does an Incredible job at shifting the FR just as so slightly to give a bit more lower mids “humph” that goes great with Metal songs with quick and hard quick drums. While keeping and extending the sub-bass. MM3 already have a well controlled area, so Fusion just emphysizes it.

Upper Mids to High Treble

Fusion has an unconventional sound profile, it doesn‘t follow the traditional copper, neither silver and also doesn’t follow gold plated copper alone, hence the fusion name. No other way to name this cable. A bit of gold would give the details and lows we commented before, but the silver and silver copper portion will be more noticeable in the upper-mids and highs here.

MM3 has what I would say is slightly forward but not much to be fatiguing and also not to relaxed or boring. Fusion give quite a good and noticeable bump on the details retrieval and technicalities, but in exchange, bringing this region forward which makes it swing around the borderline of the forward presentation for me. I know some people that would be happy with this results. So is all about your taste.

Overall

Fusion is a great cable that always gave something to every pair I matched it, mostly positive. Its focus on the lower mids is what I‘m liking the most, followed by the soundstage and details retrieval expansion. Basically competing with my Cleo Octa in enjoyment and ROI Perspective. It is definitely worth a try if you have a chance. I am loving experimenting with it and for that I will report other matches later (A12t, LX, Supermoon, Diva).

IMG_0020.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2023 at 6:21 PM Post #7,316 of 7,957
Alright,

I quick update on Fusion 1 around here…

I think everyone agrees that Fusion 1 is an eye catcher and it is. I does look, feel and sound great.

I gladly had a chance to try it on my Mest Mk3 while I had it and as you can see below they do look great together. The gold accent on the IEM goes really well with the cable hardware. Like an extension of each other.

But going to Sound.

Mest Mk3 + EA Fusion 1

MM3 is natural deep bass controlled IEM, but not as insane as some from FatFreq, with clear and detailed upper frequencies. It’s a great IEM for it’s price (just ignore the stock cable version…)

Sub-bass to lower Mids

This is the area where a I think Fusion shines the most, it does an Incredible job at shifting the FR just as so slightly to give a bit more lower mids “humph” that goes great with Metal songs with quick and hard quick drums. While keeping and extending the sub-bass. MM3 already have a well controlled area, so Fusion just emphysizes it.

Upper Mids to High Treble

Fusion has an unconventional sound profile, it doesn‘t follow the traditional copper, neither silver and also doesn’t follow gold plated copper alone, hence the fusion name. No other way to name this cable. a bit of gold would give the details and lows we commented before, but the silver and silver copper portion will be more noticeable in the upper-mids and highs here.

MM3 has what I would say is slightly forward but much be fatiguing and also to relaxed or boring. Fusion give quite a good and noticeable bump on the details retrieval and technicalities, but in exchange of bringing this region forward which makes it swing around the borderline of the forward presentation for me. I know some people that would be happy with this results. So is all about your taste.

Overall

Fusion is a great cable that always gave something to every pair I matched it, mostly positive. Its focus on the lower mids is what I‘m liking the most, followed by the soundstage and details retrieval expansion. Basically competing with my Cleo Octa in enjoyment and ROI Perspective. It is definitely worth a try if you have a chance. I am loving experimenting with it and for that I will report other matches later (A12t, LX, Supermoon, Diva).

IMG_0020.jpeg
Thanks for sharing! I’m especially curious about the A12t pairing. The Diva as well. I’m currently looking for a good cable upgrade/pairing for my U12t.

Aug 22, 2023 at 11:41 AM Post #7,317 of 7,957
MusicTeck Stay updated on MusicTeck at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MusicTeckStore https://www.musicteck.com/ info@musicteck.com
Aug 22, 2023 at 1:49 PM Post #7,318 of 7,957
A great day at Canjam and it was good to catch up with @JordonEA again. There was a nice selection of cables at the stand including the Signature series, the Cleopatra II’s, Code 23, Fusion 1, the Chiron family and the chunky Centurion.

I had a listen to the Chiron Nova and Centurion paired with my Phonix and SP3000. Both great sounding. My favourite was the Nova as it had a bit of warmth to it which suits my preferences.

IMG_2444.jpegIMG_2447.jpeg
IMG_2446.jpeg
IMG_2448.jpeg
Nice catching up with you man! @Deferenz. I'm glad you liked the Chiron: Nova, the addition of a copper silver hybrid material to Chiron helps to bring out more warmth without sacrificing on the details.

London is such a beautiful city (+ much better weather than Singapore) and I can't wait to be back next year! 😃

- Jordon

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Aug 22, 2023 at 2:20 PM Post #7,319 of 7,957
Anyone have issues with effect audio 2-pin not fully deploying into socket? Left IEM connection fully sets while right IEM sets up roughly 1/8” higher. IEM utilized : Monarch MKIII. Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated.

Aug 22, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #7,320 of 7,957
Not so much the cable issue but more so the housing I am thinking. You try wiggling the set that is sitting a bit higher into the housing and gently push into the housing to see if you can get it flush on there. Could be due to a tighter fit on that side. Try not to force the 2 pins but more wiggling it into place. Should work but if it simply does not go in any more. If you try the other side 2 pin and it does the same thing that it is definitley more the issue of the that one side.

I am gonna doubt one side of the 2 pins are actually longer is my point.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back