Effect Audio cables thread
Oct 28, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #7,471 of 7,957
Hello @kaeswiss That is correct 😎 Send us your Ares S 4W and we will build you a custom Ares S 4W + Cadmus 4W (total 8 wires) at an additional $163.18.

Enjoy the halloween weekend guys! 👻👹👽

- Jordon
Hello Jordon. This is interesting. I have question. If i order ARES+CADMUS bouth 4W, you will do for me this combination? I like to try this one. I have Ares 8W and Eros S 1st Anniversary. CADMUS only 4W. This was my last year biginer mistake, when i jump to this hobby. :wink:

Oct 28, 2023 at 12:11 PM Post #7,472 of 7,957
Hello Jordon. This is interesting. I have question. If i order ARES+CADMUS bouth 4W, you will do for me this combination? I like to try this one. I have Ares 8W and Eros S 1st Anniversary. CADMUS only 4W. This was my last year biginer mistake, when i jump to this hobby. :wink:
You can also send your Cadmus 4W to upgrade it.

https://www.effectaudio.com/news/blogart35

The image is a bit small on the website, but here it is on its own.
https://mcusercontent.com/4fc9c22edabbca78c30b4bb3e/images/d1d8e05c-ab6c-cfb2-4dbb-62183706694a.jpg

Oct 28, 2023 at 4:41 PM Post #7,474 of 7,957
I am finally having a chance to try Fusion 1 (with Annihilator no less, thanks @JordonEA and @Rockwell75 ) and while I've just received it, I am pretty blown away. I will definitely be trying it out on my Xe6, which loves the Code 23 quite a lot. Just another home run for EA!

My EA cables are becoming the dominant force in my collection and I think this one may require a purchase. Will see how it fares on Xe6 and report back!

Oct 28, 2023 at 7:21 PM Post #7,475 of 7,957
Becoming a bit of an Effort Audio fan boy with the Eros S AE, Cadmus S 8W with the Ares S 8W on its way... Today I plugged my Acoustune HS1655CU in the Hifigo EA collab Griffin which I understand to be the Cadmus 4W with different livery. The Griffin was a great budget way of getting a full set of conX (Inc pentacon) and TermX

It's like I'm only now really experiencing what they are really capable of. The bass thick warm, dynamic, slamming, mids elevated smooth with authority and great timbre, treble adding lively flourishes of sparkle.
Having owned listened to these exclusively with standard 3.5mm original cable it's a revelation how the Griffin unleashes the HS1655CU'S full potential.
I have previously bought a cable with 4.4mm and pentacon connections from an Aliexpress store but discarded it pretty quick as it sounded thin and lacklustre in comparison to the OG original 3.5mm acoustune cable. Proving to me at least that it's not just moving to balanced it's definitely the Griffin working it's magic.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2023 at 11:50 PM Post #7,476 of 7,957
Becoming a but of an Effort Audio fan boy with the Eros S AE, Cadmus S 8W with the Ares S 8W on its way... Today I plugged my Acoustune HS1655CU in the Hifigo EA collab Griffin which I understand to be the Cadmus 4W with different livery. The Griffin was a great budget way of getting a full set of conX (Inc pentacon) and TermX

It's like I'm only now really experiencing what they are really capable of. The bass thick warm, dynamic, slamming, mids elevated smooth with authority and great timbre, treble adding lively flourishes of sparkle.
Having owned listened to these exclusively with standard 3.5mm original cable it's a elevation how the Griffin unleashes the HS1655CU'S full potential.
I have previously bought a cable with 4.4mm and pentacon connections from an Aliexpress store but discarded it pretty quick as it sounded thin and lacklustre in comparison to the OG original 3.5mm acoustune cable. Proving to me at least that it's not just moving to balanced it's definitely the Griffin working it's magic.

You gotta try the Chiron :). It's one of those cables that serves a strong foundation in technicalities of your IEMs. You can try the default 8W for ultimate technical performance (unless you can afford the Centurion) but I like to mix the 4W with other materials to add character to the presentation.

Oct 29, 2023 at 11:45 PM Post #7,477 of 7,957
You gotta try the Chiron :). It's one of those cables that serves a strong foundation in technicalities of your IEMs. You can try the default 8W for ultimate technical performance (unless you can afford the Centurion) but I like to mix the 4W with other materials to add character to the presentation.

The Chiron is indeed a powerhouse of technical proficiency - being very resolving, revealing and straightforward in its presentation. The Centurion is on another level altogether. It's every bit as transparent as the Chiron, but it offers a more sophisticated and refined presentation: clean with no hint of graiiness, notes have greater body and weight, and extension at both ends that can't be faulted. To borrow from automotive parlance, if the Chiron can be thought of as akin to a Lexus LFA, the Centurion would be a Veyron in that analogy.

Oct 30, 2023 at 11:39 AM Post #7,478 of 7,957
Thanks Jordon. I had also emailed this question to marketing@effectaudio.com and Jason responded with the explanation. I was wondering if you have any pictures of how the Ares S 4W + Cadmus 4W Frankenstein cable looks like.
Hey @kaeswiss that's a good question. Hmm, I don't have one on hand but the braiding will look something like this:
https://twister6.com/2018/09/18/effect-audio-eros-ii-bespoke-8-wire/
(With Signature Series standard Y-split of course 😎)

Thanks everyone for the huge interest in mixing up Ares S with Cadmus! The number of requests we get for this pair is insane! 🙆🏻‍♂️🥰

- Jordon

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Oct 30, 2023 at 12:17 PM Post #7,479 of 7,957
I’m checking out the new Rolling Stones album Hackney Diamonds with Cadmus Founders Edition. Lovely warm sound on this.

IMG_2637.jpeg

Oct 30, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #7,480 of 7,957
It would be nice if at least the Signature edition cables could be ordered for large headphones (as it once was for the old Eros II)...
a nice Cadmus 8W for the HE6SEV2, an Eros 8W for the HE1000 Stealth and an Ares 8W for the HD800S... I would buy immediately... who knows... maybe one day...

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2023 at 9:58 PM Post #7,481 of 7,957
I have huge hopes on the AresS + ErosS combo. The cable that Gaea is using has a similar combination. ;P

Nov 1, 2023 at 7:45 AM Post #7,482 of 7,957
I knew Ares + Cadmus would be a hit in this campaign, since I got them I thought they would go amazingly together.

The Chiron is indeed a powerhouse of technical proficiency - being very resolving, revealing and straightforward in its presentation. The Centurion is on another level altogether. It's every bit as transparent as the Chiron, but it offers a more sophisticated and refined presentation: clean with no hint of graiiness, notes have greater body and weight, and extension at both ends that can't be faulted. To borrow from automotive parlance, if the Chiron can be thought of as akin to a Lexus LFA, the Centurion would be a Veyron in that analogy.
You guys have to try Chiron:Nova if you haven't. The clarity of the Chiron + the smoothness of the Nova. It went straight up to my top list for cables when I tried it. Now on the hunt for cash to get one myself. :)

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #7,483 of 7,957
I knew Ares + Cadmus would be a hit in this campaign, since I got them I thought they would go amazing together.

You guys have to try Chiron:Nova if you haven't. The clarity of the Chiron + the smoothness of the Nova. It went straight up to my top list for cables when I tried it. Now on the hunt for cash to get one myself. :)
I tried Chiron:Nova at Canjam and thought it was really good. I paired it with Phonix and SP3000.

Nov 2, 2023 at 7:03 PM Post #7,484 of 7,957

:thinking: Hmm, sounds like an interesting challenge... though I think it'd take something incredibly special to knock the Centurion off the totem for me. It's just an incredible combination of transparency, cleanliness and refinement to my ears.

Nov 3, 2023 at 2:30 AM Post #7,485 of 7,957
IMG_6341.jpeg

IMG_6340.jpeg

We have the pouch from ErosS, that is slightly larger than the one that comes with 4 wire signature series. I found this pouch quite good for storing 4 wire plus IEM. For example the Gaea.

The Gaea comes with a small portable box as well, I also found it quite nice.

But I hope the opening is slightly wider. I guess we would like to have a EA pouch to store 1 IEM and cable on the go as a light weight option. (I know we have the EA box) These pouches are almost perfect, but make them slightly larger would make them much more useable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back