Effect Audio CODE 24C doesn't stay in place, have to bend it again and again
Feb 23, 2024 at 1:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Brainiac 5

New Head-Fier
Hi there,

since a few weeks I got the CODE 24C cable from Effect Audio. I really like the design and looks of the cable, no complaints. But what really bothers me is if I put aside the cable for a few hours, it doesn't keep the form I bent it into and you have to bend it again and that's just annoying over time. So my question is, is this normal for cables with this kind of material or is there any secret trick, to keep it in the form I bent it to? Thanks already for any helpful insights!

Feb 23, 2024 at 1:30 PM Post #2 of 10
after my experience with Code23, I stay away from cable that has code in name :)

Feb 23, 2024 at 1:33 PM Post #3 of 10
I watched the review from Gizaudio where they mentioned the stiffness problems the CODE 23 had and that they were fixed, but it to me it seems like they are still kind of there, otherwise it would stay in its place.

Feb 24, 2024 at 12:35 PM Post #4 of 10
after my experience with Code23, I stay away from cable that has code in name :)
Same here. I read a few early reviews of both 24 and 24C and although they do say it has slightly improved from the 23, keyword being slightly.

Cable is better suited to headphones in my opinion. Ergonomics is just horrible for IEM.

Feb 24, 2024 at 12:41 PM Post #5 of 10
Same here. I read a few early reviews of both 24 and 24C and although they do say it has slightly improved from the 23, keyword being slightly.

Cable is better suited to headphones in my opinion. Ergonomics is just horrible for IEM.
Thanks for that feedback, that's my impression too. I think after weeks of bending a cable and it still moves back, there isn't much hope left that it will change at some point.

Feb 26, 2024 at 4:34 AM Post #6 of 10
Thanks for that feedback, that's my impression too. I think after weeks of bending a cable and it still moves back, there isn't much hope left that it will change at some point.
Hello @Brainiac 5 Thanks for the feedback! For the new CODE 24 and 24C Limited, the product team created a new and more ergonomic triple solid core system and a 15% thinner sleeve that has the overall stiffness reduced compared to the Beast CODE 23. The 24C Limited is also thinner at 18.5awg compared to CODE 23's 16.5AWG.

Unfortunately one inherent characteristics of Solid Cores is the resistance to bending (that is just the way they are built, but hey, brings great sonic capabilities! 😎)

One way to reduce keep the cable in place would be to go for a slightly larger/looser coil. Something like this:
Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 5.27.58 PM.png

Comparison of coil size:
Top: CODE 24C Limited
Bottom: Standard Ares S 8W

Let me know if it is still a hassle to handle the CODE 24C Limited. It is important that you enjoy using them! In any case, we do have a customer protection policy in place so let me know if you would like to return them / change them out 😃

- Jordon

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Feb 26, 2024 at 4:45 AM Post #7 of 10
Hello @Brainiac 5 Thanks for the feedback! For the new CODE 24 and 24C Limited, the product team created a new and more ergonomic triple solid core system and a 15% thinner sleeve that has the overall stiffness reduced compared to the Beast CODE 23. The 24C Limited is also thinner at 18.5awg compared to CODE 23's 16.5AWG.

Unfortunately one inherent characteristics of Solid Cores is the resistance to bending (that is just the way they are built, but hey, brings great sonic capabilities! 😎)

One way to reduce keep the cable in place would be to go for a slightly larger/looser coil. Something like this:

Comparison of coil size:
Top: CODE 24C Limited
Bottom: Standard Ares S 8W

Let me know if it is still a hassle to handle the CODE 24C Limited. It is important that you enjoy using them! In any case, we do have a customer protection policy in place so let me know if you would like to return them / change them out 😃

- Jordon
Thank you also for replying here! For me the hassle simply is, every day I use them, since I also use them for work, I have to bend the cable again to make my IEMs (Monarch MKIII) sit in the correct position and that's something I'm not used to from any other cable. I can only speak from a consumer perspective, its a bit annoying that you need to do this every day again, because at the end all I want besides the great looks, is that it stays in the correct position.

Mar 3, 2024 at 5:44 PM Post #8 of 10
Thank you also for replying here! For me the hassle simply is, every day I use them, since I also use them for work, I have to bend the cable again to make my IEMs (Monarch MKIII) sit in the correct position and that's something I'm not used to from any other cable. I can only speak from a consumer perspective, its a bit annoying that you need to do this every day again, because at the end all I want besides the great looks, is that it stays in the correct position.

Thank you for your continued feedback here, let us know if there is anything we can do for you here or over PMs.

Mar 13, 2024 at 9:38 PM Post #9 of 10
I am worried about this fact, because I was thinking of buying a CODE 24 at the right time, but when folded again so that they have a position, the protective plastic could be damaged over time and this could break over time, is this a possibility?

Mar 14, 2024 at 5:00 AM Post #10 of 10
Hi there,

since a few weeks I got the CODE 24C cable from Effect Audio. I really like the design and looks of the cable, no complaints. But what really bothers me is if I put aside the cable for a few hours, it doesn't keep the form I bent it into and you have to bend it again and that's just annoying over time. So my question is, is this normal for cables with this kind of material or is there any secret trick, to keep it in the form I bent it to? Thanks already for any helpful insights!
It is due to memory effects of the Solid core.
Bending then and then may result in cracking inside the cable :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back