Effect Audio x Elysian Acoustic Labs Gaea - Discussion & Impression Thread
Dec 1, 2022 at 12:07 PM Post #31 of 186
Sorry to have to ask honestly. Why is Gaea not popular? I'm wondering.
I have tried it then I like it. A lot of people said like it. And I saw some reviews from Precog and Timmy.
But it seems that there is not much response to buy it.
Yes, it's a good mid-range IEM. I'm deciding whether to buy it or not. I want a good reason to buy it, e.g. compare with Mest MKII , Diva ......etc (In the opinion of many people) ....Thank! :smiling_imp:

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2022 at 1:10 PM Post #32 of 186
I have tried it then I like it. A lot of people said like it. And I saw some reviews from Precog and Timmy.
Yes, it's a good mid-range IEM. I'm deciding whether to buy it or not. I want a good reason to buy it, e.g. compare with Mest MKII , Diva ......etc (In the opinion of many people) ....Thank! :smiling_imp:

Hard to say...plenty of truly great IEMs are not popular, and many very popular IEMs aren't that great (cough cough Dusk cough cough). Also there is the fact that Gaea's bass has been called into question and that it has forward upper mids...both of these facts would have kept me from considering it prima facie had I not had the chance to hear it first. There is also the fact that I don't think it is readily available yet. As it stands it's one of my favorite IEMs-- I hope more people get to hear it.

Dec 1, 2022 at 1:51 PM Post #33 of 186

I'd echo what @Rockwell75 has said, I also think that the @twister6 comments in his review that often people get influenced by new tech and driver combinations is relevant to the Gaea. On paper the driver setup of the Gaea is possibily not attrative to some buyers.

The more I listen to the Gaea the more I think they are quite a special IEM, the reproduction of mids and highs reminds me a little of my Etymotic er4 in regards to them being very accurate and with a bit of a snap to them.

Dec 1, 2022 at 1:57 PM Post #34 of 186
I'd echo what @Rockwell75 has said, I also think that the @twister6 comments in his review that often people get influenced by new tech and driver combinations is relevant to the Gaea. On paper the driver setup of the Gaea is possibily not attrative to some buyers.

The more I listen to the Gaea the more I think they are quite a special IEM, the reproduction of mids and highs reminds me a little of my Etymotic er4 in regards to them being very accurate and with a bit of a snap to them.

Yup I just received an Annihilator which is in many ways a supercharged Gaea. As such I had thought it had made Gaea redundant...so I listed it. I then decided to listen to it one day and it totally won me over again and I decided I couldn't part with it despite how similar it is to Ani. It is indeed a very special IEM-- it won't be for everyone but it's something everyone should at least try once just to see what it's about. It could surprise you (like it did me).

Dec 1, 2022 at 2:06 PM Post #35 of 186
Hard to say...plenty of truly great IEMs are not popular, and many very popular IEMs aren't that great (cough cough Dusk cough cough). Also there is the fact that Gaea's bass has been called into question and that it has forward upper mids...both of these facts would have kept me from considering it prima facie had I not had the chance to hear it first. There is also the fact that I don't think it is readily available yet. As it stands it's one of my favorite IEMs-- I hope more people get to hear it.

I understand what you are saying..... cough cough Hahaha :smiling_imp:
After I hear Gaea's voice, I tell the shop to bring out a new box for me. Then I listened to a few my IEMs with bone conduction drivers.
I immediately cancel Gaea because I felt the bass was empty. (I mean it had real bass but not enough bass texture). Thank.

Most of the time I can guess which IEM uses BA or EST in High, but this one I guessed wrong.
The first thing I look for is the vocals. It passes easily. Thank. :smiling_imp:

Dec 1, 2022 at 2:22 PM Post #36 of 186
I immediately cancel Gaea because I felt the bass was empty. (I mean it had real bass but not enough bass texture). Thank.

I know what you mean-- and this will likely be an issue for some. I encourage people to stick with it though-- the bass on Gaea was an issue to me at first only because I'm so used to fixating on bass. Once I settled in to Gaea's sound it was and continues to be fully satisfying for me on its own terms. There are dozens of IEMs that have various shades of great bass-- but very few have great, well articulated and sweet treble that Gaea has...and virtually none at the ~$1.5k price tier. Most of the time I find myself making sacrifices elsewhere for the sake of having great bass-- Gaea wins for me simply because so very well refined up top and so fundamentally different than what I am used to.

Dec 1, 2022 at 4:10 PM Post #37 of 186
Eh I'm fine with gaea being an amazing hidden gem there are so many iems for bassheads out there the gaea truly does vocals and treble in a way that I previously have never experienced. I think the bass on them is fine to like its not like a super in your face bass but its still there. Overall the gaea is just an Iem that I can just put on and get lost in and be addicted to the uniqueness of it.

Dec 1, 2022 at 4:43 PM Post #38 of 186
Eh I'm fine with gaea being an amazing hidden gem there are so many iems for bassheads out there the gaea truly does vocals and treble in a way that I previously have never experienced. I think the bass on them is fine to like its not like a super in your face bass but its still there. Overall the gaea is just an Iem that I can just put on and get lost in and be addicted to the uniqueness of it.
Totally agree

The bass is not dissimilar to the bass on the Etymotic er4. It is there, it is accurate and if the song requires bass then the Gaea gives the bass.

In some respects the Gaea almost feels like a modern day Etymotic! At leat to my ears, others will certainly disagree with this

Dec 2, 2022 at 4:57 AM Post #39 of 186
Hey guys, for some reason I posted my Gaea review on the announcement thread instead of this one.
I've just created a
Head Gear page for Gaea and posted my full review there.

Gaea_08.jpg

Dec 6, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #41 of 186
Someone told me that I don't have any real IEMs.:thinking:I'm just lazy. Lazy to show , lazy to comment. Not an online socialite man.
I took a picture , I had to upload it to my PC , then I had to resize it and post it. It's hard to do anything on the small screen of smartphone.:joy:
When I show the picture , there will be comments to ask something. I'm too lazy to answer and then there is a private message. Message me to ask , just like today. A compares to B. I answer according to my liking. Which would probably not match with other people's feelings.

Anyway, Gaea is one of my favorite IEM.

I'm sorry I couldn't show BABY GAEA face because The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA) Law ///////// Hahaha :smile_cat:

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2022 at 7:31 PM Post #45 of 186
I just traded my CA Fibae 7U for the Gaea. I should have it hopefully this weekend. Impressions to follow.

Be sure to share your thoughts once you receive it :). It's proving to be something of a dark horse and uniquely captivating IEM for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back