Eletech Cables Official Impressions & Discussions Thread
Apr 28, 2022 at 10:12 PM Post #3,391 of 5,616
Hahaha no worries on deposit. And no obligations on the ROI too.

Im taking notes so i can ensure you guys are able to grab a piece when the time comes.

Eric will take tips in beer tho :wink:

Some impressions from the Project L Tour. Thank you @Eric Chong for making this possible :). IEMs used for the evaluation was Unique Melody Fusang and Aroma Audio Jewel. Source is Luxury Precision P6 Pro Obsidian.

Physical Build
The cable utilizes maximum strand thickness topology across all variants, which leads to a stiffer cable that is beyond my comfort level. This is purely for prototype reasons and Eric has assured me when the topology becomes finalized, Project L will exhibit the exemplary physical qualities and suppleness of Eletech Parnassus cables. Outer sheath is covered in a black/gold flake jacket, similar to Venom Cable shipped with the now-discontinued Elysian X. The braid is 4W.

Beta
A smoother presentation, reminds me of PW Attila when I used it with Mason Fabled Sound. Listening to my favorite jazz ensembles reveals a lusher take on the presentation, perhaps an intimate sound stage. Beta with Fusang creates an 'easier listen' nature to the iem with the best mid presentation out of the other other variants. This comes at a cost of less definition throughout the range and less bass bass impact than alpha (evident on Jewel). The synergy on Jewel was lacking due to the veil in the mid range, where as the Beta worked far better with Fusang's analog tonality. It seems the polite and lush presentation of beta doesn't work well with Jewel's 'shimmering and bright' midrange. If I didn't know any better, I'd think Beta is a re-wrapped PW Audio cable. Congrats on Eric being able to create this sound signature without the less than desirable ergonomics of PW cables.

Gamma
Tighter presentation, presents details quite well. Compared to Beta, sounds as if a 'veil' was lifted. I could be fooled into thinking it’s a silver/copper hybrid cable due to the clear mid presentation with sparkly highs. On Jewel I noticed vocals are clearer, pushed up forward a little. Compared to Beta, I perceive an 'airy' presentation however I feel this is redundant (adding by zero). Gamma leans into a ‘sterile-hifi’ presentation rather than the colored take of Beta. This is a safe presentation which doesn't take much risks and by consequence works well with both Fusang and Jewel, while not excelling in either.

Alpha
At first listen, I found this presentation brittle compared to Beta. Perhaps flatter sounding. Similar to how I found the WM1A vs WM1Z at first impression. The bass is rounded, and has greater impact than other variants, however vocal feels pulled back (especially on Jewel). However, Alpha was the clear winner for Jewel despite the shortcomings. Better bass impact, this is incredible rounded punchy low end which works well with Jewel's bass DD. This is the best bass I’ve heard in a cable…by far. If I could get the airiness, clear midrange and resolution of Gamma with this alpha bass, such a combination could be the perfect cable overall for my tastes. Alpha needs to figure out mid presentation, coherence wasn’t quite there with the bass presentation. Upper mid definition and treble sparkle (compared to Gamma) is lacking compared to the strong bass performance. To my ears, Alpha is more of a work in progress compared to the other variants.

On the whole, I found Gamma to work best across my gear, but I keep getting drawn to the intriguing yet conflicting qualities of Alpha. Beta is ‘typical copper’, and has best synergy with Fusang. I think PW Audio house sound was the inspiration behind Beta. Beta lines up with my expectations from a copper cable. Gamma is a jack of all trades, but master of none. Alpha...now this is an interesting beast that has yet to be tamed. @Eric Chong, if you can, please work on Alpha. This cable has a lot of potential and has me the most excited out of the three. Thank you for making this tour possible, being part of the journey with you is a privilege and an honor. I'm excited to see where Project L takes you next :)

Thanks for the in depth write-up. Very excited to see the feedback from the rest of the tour participants, and how they get implemented into devleopment.

IMG2195.jpeg

Thanks @metaljem77 for sending us a huge cake~!! :) The team were pleasantly surprised and happily munching away for their unusual 'tea break'

Very kind of you! We'll love to have you over sometime for coffee and drinks! :)

That cake looks yummy!

Any more impressions of the Inferno @Kiats ?
I’ve been tweaking my system chasing down a hum issue and wondering what to change next and remembered that I still have the Inferno to look forward to for my Diana Phi’s!!

Second this. I'd like to grab an Inferno for my Susvara but need more impressions on it

Apr 28, 2022 at 10:54 PM Post #3,392 of 5,616
Not yet. We just had it run by @SeeSax (super helpful on the suggestions btw) and now otw to @Auricon.

Seesax will leave his thoughts after he settles in
I'm horrible at leaving thoughts and provided @Eric Chong my stream of consciousness, LOL. Overall impressions and to quote my esteemed colleague @bigbeans:

There's something about "Alpha"
"If I could get the airiness, clear midrange and resolution of Gamma with Alpha bass, such a combination could be the perfect overall cable"

I spent most of my listening time with Alpha followed by Gamma. I have the most notes on Alpha and will gather them coherently over the next couple of days

Beta
Surprisingly, Beta didn't vibe with my primary IEMs - EXT, Xe6, EVO and N8ii. Beta had the best synergy with my UMs - Indigo and MEST Mk2 and sounded similar to UM3 Copper (stock cable on Indigo) and M17, 3MAX, DX312.

Here are my initial Gamma listening impressions
While Gamma might sound safe, there's great extension on each end - bass/sub-bass and highs, and oh the details...

- Exceptional technical performance, very detailed, Lionel Richie's "All Night Long" - yes you can LOL at me, are best I've heard.
- Energetic - maybe a little to forward on vocals
- Lush textural bass

And it's consistent across all of my IEMs (EXT, Xe6, EVO and Indigo) and DAPs - N8ii, M17, 3MAX, DX312.
Still needs refinement but it's a solid cable, if it was a stock IEM cable - I wouldn't need to cable roll, LOL.

IMG_4881.jpeg

IMG_4882.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2022 at 12:10 AM Post #3,393 of 5,616
Just ordered Project8-Fortitude from Bloom Audio- will see how it compares to Ares II AND Socrates (when it comes), on Legend X and U12T

Apr 29, 2022 at 2:34 AM Post #3,394 of 5,616
Eric will take tips in beer tho :wink:
How? Tell me how we didn't manage to get a beer sess in @ NYC ? Lol

Thanks for the in depth write-up. Very excited to see the feedback from the rest of the tour participants, and how they get implemented into development.
Indeed! The fun is where we implement the changes into the final development.

I'm horrible at leaving thoughts and provided @Eric Chong my stream of consciousness, LOL. Overall impressions and to quote my esteemed colleague @bigbeans:

"If I could get the airiness, clear midrange and resolution of Gamma with Alpha bass, such a combination could be the perfect overall cable"

I spent most of my listening time with Alpha followed by Gamma. I have the most notes on Alpha and will gather them coherently over the next couple of days

Beta
Surprisingly, Beta didn't vibe with my primary IEMs - EXT, Xe6, EVO and N8ii. Beta had the best synergy with my UMs - Indigo and MEST Mk2 and sounded similar to UM3 Copper (stock cable on Indigo) and M17, 3MAX, DX312.

While Gamma might sound safe, there's great extension on each end - bass/sub-bass and highs, and oh the details...

- Exceptional technical performance, very detailed, Lionel Richie's "All Night Long" - yes you can LOL at me, are best I've heard.
- Lush textural bass

And it's consistent across all of my IEMs (EXT, Xe6, EVO and Indigo) and DAPs - N8ii, M17, 3MAX, DX312.
Still needs refinement but it's a solid cable, if it was a stock IEM cable - I wouldn't need to cable roll, LOL.

IMG_4881.jpeg

IMG_4882.jpeg
Thanks for the detailed read! Sent you some notes earlier that we can discuss more on. Luckily so far the tour group have sorta formed a consensus on how things would go. Make things alot easier :)

Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
Apr 29, 2022 at 3:41 AM Post #3,395 of 5,616

Beta

- Lush textural bass

IMG_4881.jpeg

IMG_4882.jpeg

I got excited reading your teasing notes about Alpha lol! The Gamma does seem to be a good technical cable with good extensions. I wonder if Eric will release 2 variants?

Apr 29, 2022 at 7:24 AM Post #3,396 of 5,616
I got excited reading your teasing notes about Alpha lol! The Gamma does seem to be a good technical cable with good extensions. I wonder if Eric will release 2 variants?
That was my not so subtle hint to Eric 🤭

Apr 30, 2022 at 1:19 AM Post #3,398 of 5,616

Beta

- Lush textural bass

IMG_4881.jpeg

IMG_4882.jpeg
The Gamma does sound to be a great companion for Audezes. Now if @Eric Chong will consider this for headphones, my desktop rig will cry joy.

Apr 30, 2022 at 1:21 AM Post #3,399 of 5,616
I adore the Gamma, it brought fantastic extension in soundstage, and the EXT pairing was sublime! I wanted to “steal” it during CJ SG lol…

Apr 30, 2022 at 2:47 AM Post #3,400 of 5,616
The Gamma does sound to be a great companion for Audezes. Now if @Eric Chong will consider this for headphones, my desktop rig will cry joy.
Interesting, having this done for our Dante Series, hadn't crossed my mind. I'll look into it and see if there's anything i could do in the future :)

I adore the Gamma, it brought fantastic extension in soundstage, and the EXT pairing was sublime! I wanted to “steal” it during CJ SG lol…

Heheh i'd thought the Beta / Alpha to be more of your cup of tea?

Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
Apr 30, 2022 at 10:56 AM Post #3,401 of 5,616
Hi Friends, time for me to share my thoughts on the cables! IEMs I used for testing were the Noble Viking (super neutral, analytical) and Earsonics Grace Platinum (natural, somewhat warm).

Beta: I started my listening with the Beta and found it to be a fairly natural, neutral-tuned copper cable befitting of its material. On the Viking which has super energetic highs, it sounded like a pretty neutral option which toned down some of the brightness (which was welcome). On my other IEM that's fairly balanced, it seemed like a slightly-warm cable that provided an analogue-like bass slam, warm and textured mids and slightly smooth treble. Once I tried it on this IEM (Earsonics Grace Platinum), I concluded that it was a pleasant-sounding copper cable, but with a high degree of resolution. Now from the builder perspective and making any sort of recommendation or critical analysis here, this cable would come in as my third choice. Not because it doesn't sound good (I actually love the sound), but because the market has numerous options of "copper" sounding cables.

Gamma
: This was a pretty neutral, high-clarity cable that didn't have quite as wooly of a texture as the Beta and definitely not the quantity of warmth in the low end. It did, however, really make treble sound special on my Grace IEMs. This cable sounds similar to how I remember the 1950. Gamma really let the effortless treble shine through and give a high degree of extension while keeping sparkle pleasant for the masses. On Viking, this cable was a little bright, but provided outstanding clarity throughout the range. Mids were somewhat dryer than Beta, but only by a very small margin. I could see this cable working very well for a warmer monitor like Legend X or something, especially with the clean and impactful bass it provides, and possibly breaking free of a traditional silver cable that may rob some of the emotion. I really liked Gamma - I think it would be my second choice of the three because it's hard to find a copper cable that gives utmost detail, while still managing to retain musicality and that's what Gamma does. But again it reminded me of how I remember 1950: a little less bass than most copper cables, super clear mids and detailed treble that extends well and doesn't have any harshness. I think this would be a crowd-pleaser especially with beautiful Eletech hardware and design elements. I'd buy it!

Alpha
: I found Alpha to be a great cable. It's got 80% (I pulled that number out of my a**, but it's an accurate guess) of the bass quantity and impact of Beta, while retaining a bit more clarity and faster response. Into the mids, I found more texture and warmth than Gamma, but again not as much as Beta. Trouble was extended, sparkly and while still on the musical side, left nothing wanting for more. I still think the bass is the star of the show for this one, but it's got a more nuanced sound throughout than the Beta. Now if I'm being totally honest, this is the cable I would buy because it's very intriguing being a blend of coppers. Even if I cannot hear massive differences between the other two, knowing that it has a blend of both would make it unique in the current copper offerings and I think that's definitely worth something. Anyway, back to sound for a second, I did not find this cable disjointed or unrefined. Perhaps (or most likely) others have better ears than me, but I found it highly-detailed, neutral-natural and just very much a "HiFi" sound overall. As mentioned, this was my favorite cable and while I wouldn't call it an in-between of the other two, I would say it has everything I love: impressive bass with outstanding speed and clarity (but also perfect quantity), mids that are free of cloudiness or bloating and a treble presence that is both sparkly and extended without being harsh. That's what I look for in a cable, sigh me up!

-Collin-

Apr 30, 2022 at 10:37 PM Post #3,402 of 5,616
Hi Friends, time for me to share my thoughts on the cables! IEMs I used for testing were the Noble Viking (super neutral, analytical) and Earsonics Grace Platinum (natural, somewhat warm).

Beta: I started my listening with the Beta and found it to be a fairly natural, neutral-tuned copper cable befitting of its material. On the Viking which has super energetic highs, it sounded like a pretty neutral option which toned down some of the brightness (which was welcome). On my other IEM that's fairly balanced, it seemed like a slightly-warm cable that provided an analogue-like bass slam, warm and textured mids and slightly smooth treble. Once I tried it on this IEM (Earsonics Grace Platinum), I concluded that it was a pleasant-sounding copper cable, but with a high degree of resolution. Now from the builder perspective and making any sort of recommendation or critical analysis here, this cable would come in as my third choice. Not because it doesn't sound good (I actually love the sound), but because the market has numerous options of "copper" sounding cables.

Gamma: This was a pretty neutral, high-clarity cable that didn't have quite as wooly of a texture as the Beta and definitely not the quantity of warmth in the low end. It did, however, really make treble sound special on my Grace IEMs. This cable sounds similar to how I remember the 1950. Gamma really let the effortless treble shine through and give a high degree of extension while keeping sparkle pleasant for the masses. On Viking, this cable was a little bright, but provided outstanding clarity throughout the range. Mids were somewhat dryer than Beta, but only by a very small margin. I could see this cable working very well for a warmer monitor like Legend X or something, especially with the clean and impactful bass it provides, and possibly breaking free of a traditional silver cable that may rob some of the emotion. I really liked Gamma - I think it would be my second choice of the three because it's hard to find a copper cable that gives utmost detail, while still managing to retain musicality and that's what Gamma does. But again it reminded me of how I remember 1950: a little less bass than most copper cables, super clear mids and detailed treble that extends well and doesn't have any harshness. I think this would be a crowd-pleaser especially with beautiful Eletech hardware and design elements. I'd buy it!

Alpha: I found Alpha to be a great cable. It's got 80% (I pulled that number out of my a**, but it's an accurate guess) of the bass quantity and impact of Beta, while retaining a bit more clarity and faster response. Into the mids, I found more texture and warmth than Gamma, but again not as much as Beta. Trouble was extended, sparkly and while still on the musical side, left nothing wanting for more. I still think the bass is the star of the show for this one, but it's got a more nuanced sound throughout than the Beta. Now if I'm being totally honest, this is the cable I would buy because it's very intriguing being a blend of coppers. Even if I cannot hear massive differences between the other two, knowing that it has a blend of both would make it unique in the current copper offerings and I think that's definitely worth something. Anyway, back to sound for a second, I did not find this cable disjointed or unrefined. Perhaps (or most likely) others have better ears than me, but I found it highly-detailed, neutral-natural and just very much a "HiFi" sound overall. As mentioned, this was my favorite cable and while I wouldn't call it an in-between of the other two, I would say it has everything I love: impressive bass with outstanding speed and clarity (but also perfect quantity), mids that are free of cloudiness or bloating and a treble presence that is both sparkly and extended without being harsh. That's what I look for in a cable, sigh me up!

-Collin-

Thanks Collin for sharing your detailed impressions on those 3~!! Looks like so far the impressions are pretty aligned and the suggestions are pretty consistent :D

May 1, 2022 at 5:00 AM Post #3,403 of 5,616

Gamma: This was a pretty neutral, high-clarity cable that didn't have quite as wooly of a texture as the Beta and definitely not the quantity of warmth in the low end. It did, however, really make treble sound special on my Grace IEMs. This cable sounds similar to how I remember the 1950. Gamma really let the effortless treble shine through and give a high degree of extension while keeping sparkle pleasant for the masses. On Viking, this cable was a little bright, but provided outstanding clarity throughout the range. Mids were somewhat dryer than Beta, but only by a very small margin. I could see this cable working very well for a warmer monitor like Legend X or something, especially with the clean and impactful bass it provides, and possibly breaking free of a traditional silver cable that may rob some of the emotion. I really liked Gamma - I think it would be my second choice of the three because it's hard to find a copper cable that gives utmost detail, while still managing to retain musicality and that's what Gamma does. But again it reminded me of how I remember 1950: a little less bass than most copper cables, super clear mids and detailed treble that extends well and doesn't have any harshness. I think this would be a crowd-pleaser especially with beautiful Eletech hardware and design elements. I'd buy it!

Alpha: I found Alpha to be a great cable. It's got 80% (I pulled that number out of my a**, but it's an accurate guess) of the bass quantity and impact of Beta, while retaining a bit more clarity and faster response. Into the mids, I found more texture and warmth than Gamma, but again not as much as Beta. Trouble was extended, sparkly and while still on the musical side, left nothing wanting for more. I still think the bass is the star of the show for this one, but it's got a more nuanced sound throughout than the Beta. Now if I'm being totally honest, this is the cable I would buy because it's very intriguing being a blend of coppers. Even if I cannot hear massive differences between the other two, knowing that it has a blend of both would make it unique in the current copper offerings and I think that's definitely worth something. Anyway, back to sound for a second, I did not find this cable disjointed or unrefined. Perhaps (or most likely) others have better ears than me, but I found it highly-detailed, neutral-natural and just very much a "HiFi" sound overall. As mentioned, this was my favorite cable and while I wouldn't call it an in-between of the other two, I would say it has everything I love: impressive bass with outstanding speed and clarity (but also perfect quantity), mids that are free of cloudiness or bloating and a treble presence that is both sparkly and extended without being harsh. That's what I look for in a cable, sigh me up!

-Collin-
Really detailed insights into the Project L. Regretting that I didn't make it to Canjam SG now for the audition of these gems. Reading off the impressions so far, @Eric Chong you should really consider releasing variants of these. They seems to be offering different synergies to various IEMs

May 1, 2022 at 5:08 AM Post #3,404 of 5,616
Interesting, having this done for our Dante Series, hadn't crossed my mind. I'll look into it and see if there's anything i could do in the future :)

Heheh i'd thought the Beta / Alpha to be more of your cup of tea?
Omg believe it or not, I recalled wrongly off the cuff, I had to check our pm and realised Beta is my first choice, followed by Alpha; so my bad, kudos to you for remembering!!! 🫣🥰

May 1, 2022 at 5:31 AM Post #3,405 of 5,616
Omg believe it or not, I recalled wrongly off the cuff, I had to check our pm and realised Beta is my first choice, followed by Alpha; so my bad, kudos to you for remembering!!! 🫣🥰
I was wondering myself... thought:no.... been abandoned by @metaljem77 ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back