Elysian Annihilator 2023
Apr 20, 2024 at 10:19 AM Post #706 of 797
I currently using the TRI Clarion, they have a minimum distance as Omni

Apr 20, 2024 at 10:27 AM Post #708 of 797
They have a wide bore, I find them quite balanced in FR. I like their soundstage on Anni.

Apr 20, 2024 at 11:50 AM Post #711 of 797
I also tried the Omni today, and yes, the sound seems to be the same. But the W1 fits better for me. I actually tried about 12 tips today for fun, and Divinus Velvet is still by far the worst for me. And that on all iem's (Odin, TS-316).

Apr 20, 2024 at 9:46 PM Post #712 of 797
How did you guys get the Omni onto the Anni’s nozzles? I tried and tried but couldn’t get them on.

Apr 21, 2024 at 11:43 PM Post #713 of 797
The collection ranges from Fourte, A18T/12T and Z1R as the oldest to xe6, Annihilator, Mentor, Trifecta and Ragnar as the most recent, which some “classics” like Traillii, Jewel, Mason FS, Erlkonig, Odin, EVO in between. And I'll stop here 😅.
Would love to hear your comparison of Annihilator with A18t.

also with Nostalgia Audio Camelot.

Can they exist together with anni in the same collection?

Thank you.

Apr 22, 2024 at 1:37 AM Post #714 of 797
Pentaconn Courier work fantastic for me on the Annie.

Apr 22, 2024 at 2:17 AM Post #715 of 797
How did you guys get the Omni onto the Anni’s nozzles? I tried and tried but couldn’t get them on.
It's quite simple. It is necessary to apply the Omni from the side and then apply pressure to the nozzle. It's hard to describe. I can send a photo later :wink:

Apr 22, 2024 at 5:33 AM Post #717 of 797
Would love to hear your comparison of Annihilator with A18t.
For one, the bass drivers are different, DD vs BA. A18T is more reference tuned, while Annihilator is more V shaped. The treble of the latter, while more present, sounds a bit smoother. They can both be used for a wide range of genres. They are both very capable in terms of technical performance, but the Annihilator is a newer product and that can be heard, even if A18T is holding up very well relative to today's standards imho.
also with Nostalgia Audio Camelot.
I only heard that one briefly. I would say that it is much more balanced than Annihilator, more reference tuned, as A18T. I particularly liked the bass texture on the Camelot, due to the double DD, one for sub bass and one for mid bass.
Can they exist together with anni in the same collection?
That depends on your objectives. As a collector, my answer is yes, they are different enough for me. But if you are a 'one and done' guy, each of these are excellent options imo.

Apr 22, 2024 at 8:28 AM Post #718 of 797
Hey, I just bought the Annihilator 2023. I was on the edge of buying the Mentor Multiverse and tested both for about 2 hours. What I really liked about the Mentor Multiverse was the soundstage and the bone conduction driver effects that wrap around your head. However, the Annihilator was just a more exciting listen with better dynamics, bass presence, and treble extension. I really like the MM, especially the soundstage and very good midrange, but I ended up buying the Annihilator for $200 more. Hope it was a good choice in the long run.

As for your question about preserving the pentacon connections, it's generally advisable to disconnect the cable when not in use, especially during travel, to prevent wear and tear on the connectors or can I just keep the IEMs connected?

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2024 at 2:53 PM Post #719 of 797
Yes i am sure the anni scales. But i don't want a dap, i only need an amp. So does anyone use the anni withvsomething other than a dap or dongle?
I use the Annihilator with the Shanling H7 and the sound is really good. I think the warmer Shanling house-sound fits the Anni signature pretty well. I use it on med gain on 40-50% volume levels and it’s pretty loud.

Apr 22, 2024 at 2:54 PM Post #720 of 797
I use the Annihilator with the Shanling H7 and the sound is really good. I think the warmer Shanling house-sound fits the Anni signature pretty well. I use it on med gain on 40-50% volume levels and it’s pretty loud.
I'm a big fan of the Shanling sound. Warm and organic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back