Emmeline "The Shadow"
Jan 3, 2010 at 1:43 PM Post #961 of 999
Hi Ray,

this may seem a little off-tangent to be asking such a question here, but would you ever consider building a stand-alone DAC that has just about the same size as the Shadow? i believe many who wish to have a portable solution for using their notebooks to listen to music, and also own an RSA shadow may well be looking for something like that!

Thanks!
atsmile.gif

Jan 4, 2010 at 7:40 PM Post #962 of 999
Mr Ray , I think that a dac that can get the digital signal out of the Ipod and Iphone would be great to .

Jan 4, 2010 at 9:52 PM Post #963 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by fengtard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Ray,

this may seem a little off-tangent to be asking such a question here, but would you ever consider building a stand-alone DAC that has just about the same size as the Shadow? i believe many who wish to have a portable solution for using their notebooks to listen to music, and also own an RSA shadow may well be looking for something like that!

Thanks!
atsmile.gif

If the aim is to use a DAC the sound and build quality of an amp like the Shadow but to run off your notebook, you should check out the Predator. It seems like the product you're asking for is a little redundant when Ray already makes an amazing amp/dac. It would be roughly the same size as a Shadow and a second box the same size, and you wouldn't need an extra cable. Same yourself some pain in the a** and get a Predator for you DAC and amp needs. It's quite an amazing product, and I think people in your situation are exactly who Ray made it for.

Jan 4, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #964 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by che15 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mr Ray , I think that a dac that can get the digital signal out of the Ipod and Iphone would be great to .

The only portable solution I know of for this is (forgive me Head-Fi Admin) another manufacturer's product, the Red Win iMod. Search for that online. It pulls the signal off the iPod digitally and without the iPod's built-in muss and fuss goes straight off the DAC. Ray's amps sound AMAZING off an iMod.

Jan 5, 2010 at 3:36 AM Post #965 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigsojoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only portable solution I know of for this is (forgive me Head-Fi Admin) another manufacturer's product, the Red Win iMod. Search for that online. It pulls the signal off the iPod digitally and without the iPod's built-in muss and fuss goes straight off the DAC. Ray's amps sound AMAZING off an iMod.

Actually the iMod just bypasses the cheap caps and SMC components between the DAC and line out dock, and allows the purest analog signal to come through - where you use higher quality DC blocking caps in the dock instead of internally. And yes, it does sound amazing with a good amp. At CanJam I did much of my listening with an RSA P-51 via my iMod and piccolino wire iMod LOD.

Jan 5, 2010 at 3:58 AM Post #966 of 999
Mr addict I wonder if you got my pm?

Jan 5, 2010 at 4:53 AM Post #967 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by che15 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mr addict I wonder if you got my pm?

I still have many PM to look at, but if I don't go through all the 40-50 updated subscribed threads first before it is too late, then when I open the threads it wont open at the oldest one but at a more recent post. Then I have to hunt back till I find where I left off yesterday.

Jan 5, 2010 at 1:15 PM Post #968 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigsojoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If the aim is to use a DAC the sound and build quality of an amp like the Shadow but to run off your notebook, you should check out the Predator. It seems like the product you're asking for is a little redundant when Ray already makes an amazing amp/dac. It would be roughly the same size as a Shadow and a second box the same size, and you wouldn't need an extra cable. Same yourself some pain in the a** and get a Predator for you DAC and amp needs. It's quite an amazing product, and I think people in your situation are exactly who Ray made it for.

I actually had a predator.. in fact, i sold it off to fund for my Shadow! that's why this question came into thought! but anyway, it's just more of a casual question!

Jan 5, 2010 at 2:54 PM Post #969 of 999
With the original charger for the shadow charge, how long requires time?Thx~ (2nd times)

Jan 6, 2010 at 12:33 AM Post #970 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyckc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With the original charger for the shadow charge, how long requires time?Thx~ (2nd times)

I am not 100% sure I understand the question but the charging light will go off. I think the actual time will depend on how far down the battery has drained since the last charge. It didn't see that long but I hadn't let it run all the way down.

Jan 6, 2010 at 12:42 AM Post #971 of 999
I left my Shadow on for a weekend, by accident, and it took a good 12 hours to fully charge (according to the charger).

Jan 8, 2010 at 11:58 PM Post #972 of 999
I have had my amp for about 10 days - close to 60 hours"burn in" and I can't believe how nicely things are sounding. This is my first headphone amp and I am like a kid in the candy store!
smile_phones.gif

Now to find the IEM and related items to turn everything up a notch. This forum is an outstanding way to find out about a lot of things. I hope that I will be able to contribute in kind.

Gary

Jan 9, 2010 at 5:47 PM Post #973 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by glierly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now to find the IEM and related items to turn everything up a notch. This forum is an outstanding way to find out about a lot of things. I hope that I will be able to contribute in kind.

Gary

If $$$ aren't the issue, a great match are the JH13Pros.
biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2010 at 6:47 PM Post #974 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If $$$ aren't the issue, a great match are the JH13Pros.
biggrin.gif

I have read the appreciation thread and other reviews for the JH13s - very intriguing to say the least.

I just received the Head Direct RE0 IEM and find them an improvement overall over the E66Ri's that I have been using. Maybe I'll have to improve incrementally (and more expensively overall!)

Gary

Jan 31, 2010 at 3:11 PM Post #975 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by glierly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have had my amp for about 10 days - close to 60 hours"burn in" and I can't believe how nicely things are sounding. This is my first headphone amp and I am like a kid in the candy store!
smile_phones.gif

Gary

Welcome to Head Fi glierly. With the Shadow, you are off to a great start IMO. It truly brings out the best with all my iems. Thanks Again Ray for a fantastic creation. Happy Listening.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back