Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jun 5, 2022 at 12:00 PM Post #35,808 of 40,691
Interested to hear this obervation. Can you provide some tracks where you experience this?
Haven't had a chance to pick out the exact songs but the albums/artists where i noticed lx bass can sometimes get in the way of vocals.

However on some tracks where the bass isn't too elevated, sounds phenomenal, natural and thick and detailed.

Maxwell (great albums for jazz and natural instruments , detail and vocals, some ambient songs) :

- Maxwells urban hang suite
- now

Donnell Jones - where i wanna be

Jun 6, 2022 at 2:00 AM Post #35,809 of 40,691
This is my second LX, sold the first one (which I got off of classifieds). I plan on keeping this set, so decided to buy it new.

Regarding bass, yep this is Snoop Dogg's (or any rappers) dream. The sub bass is to die for and you will become addicted. It reminds me of car stereo bass, those dual subs reach deep into the bass abyss. It's not uncommon for folks to sell an LX only to rebuy it down the line. I won't make the same mistake twice haha
Yes that's the reason i bought this too. This is the iem i see everyone regretted selling like everyone regretted selling calyxm dap.

People seem to sell this, but buy it again.

Jun 6, 2022 at 6:28 AM Post #35,810 of 40,691
Yes that's the reason i bought this too. This is the iem i see everyone regretted selling like everyone regretted selling calyxm dap.

People seem to sell this, but buy it again.

I already have done it twice. Since I have the EVO, I am still on the fence about needing the LX for the third time.

Jun 6, 2022 at 7:04 AM Post #35,811 of 40,691
I know my love for bass borders on absurdity but unless your inclinations in this respect are similar, I don’t think many would think of owning LX and EVO concurrently 🤪

Jun 6, 2022 at 12:53 PM Post #35,813 of 40,691
The LX has a softer treble which you might like. I think people forget the qualities of the rest of the spectrum with the LX. And its fit.
Thanks Frankie, that was pure evil of you to sew the seeds of need again.

Jun 6, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #35,814 of 40,691
I know my love for bass borders on absurdity but unless your inclinations in this respect are similar, I don’t think many would think of owning LX and EVO concurrently 🤪
I passed the EVO because of that… :)

Jun 6, 2022 at 3:26 PM Post #35,816 of 40,691
I do. But that's because I got the LX first in Custom form. Would I do it again if I bought EVO first? Yes. Because it comes in custom and EVO doesn't. And, they do sound different.

Jun 6, 2022 at 3:30 PM Post #35,817 of 40,691
🙋‍♂️

Jun 6, 2022 at 3:34 PM Post #35,818 of 40,691
Thanks Frankie, that was pure evil of you to sew the seeds of need again.
Kidding aside, while listening at CanJam again their mids and treble are what I really noticed. They are certainly soft, but that can be an attribute for older ears and especially for bad/bright recordings. I even discussed with Jack that if he can improve it by tightening up the bass ( I always felt the bass while powerful, is a bit soft and loose ), please keep the rest of the tuning as is. I think this keeps it relevant.

Jun 6, 2022 at 3:37 PM Post #35,819 of 40,691
This is my second LX, sold the first one (which I got off of classifieds). I plan on keeping this set, so decided to buy it new.

Regarding bass, yep this is Snoop Dogg's (or any rappers) dream. The sub bass is to die for and you will become addicted. It reminds me of car stereo bass, those dual subs reach deep into the bass abyss. It's not uncommon for folks to sell an LX only to rebuy it down the line. I won't make the same mistake twice haha
This is true. I know many people who did that. I feel lucky to have had the opportunity to demo it at Empire Ears over the course of a couple days. That really made it easy for me to make the decision to get a custom. It really does need a custom cable, though. I am not sure I would have bought it until I heard it paired with the Stormbreaker from my Odin first. Fortunately, you can buy them for pretty cheap now.

Jun 6, 2022 at 3:58 PM Post #35,820 of 40,691
Enjoy my customs LX’s today as much as Day 1

8F2F4473-B36A-4342-A620-C749BD2D10C3.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back