Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 5, 2022 at 1:23 PM Post #36,331 of 40,668
I'm fairly certain I've tried "every" tip with EVO and the AEX07 is the clear winner for me. I've gone pretty far down the tip rabbit hole and believe I have every newly-hype'd tip that's out there. Just a few that it beat out...Azla Crystals, Azla short fit (?), Azla Max, Azla xelastec, Whizzer, numerous SpinFits and others I'm not thinking of. Would probably have stopped at Xelastec if they were maintenance-free.

Have you tried the AEX50? I need to try the eartune fidelity u types when I get home

Sep 5, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #36,332 of 40,668
Sep 5, 2022 at 1:47 PM Post #36,333 of 40,668
and AEX50 too apparently.
don't bother with the aex50, from what I've read its almost impossible to position it properly

Sep 6, 2022 at 8:48 AM Post #36,334 of 40,668
I am thinking about using custom IEMs when I cut grass, which takes 1 to 1.5 hours. I do not want to use my current IEMs for this purpose as I would prefer a less expensive IEM. What would people recommend as lower priced IEMs that have a warmer sound signatures and sound great for the price?

Sep 6, 2022 at 11:30 AM Post #36,336 of 40,668
Sep 6, 2022 at 3:59 PM Post #36,337 of 40,668
I am thinking about using custom IEMs when I cut grass, which takes 1 to 1.5 hours. I do not want to use my current IEMs for this purpose as I would prefer a less expensive IEM. What would people recommend as lower priced IEMs that have a warmer sound signatures and sound great for the price?
Don’t know about your mower but I have not found any IEM that I can even hear over the sound of the mower, regardless of sound isolation, and have opted just to protect my hearing by using foam earplugs. If you are are sitting on a riding mower with a cab YMMV- anyway IF I was going to try this my rec would be either ER4XR or the Hifiman RE800 silver, which I can insert quite deeply and has good sound isolation too. Good luck and be careful out there!

Sep 6, 2022 at 4:03 PM Post #36,338 of 40,668
Don’t know about your mower but I have not found any IEM that I can even hear over the sound of the mower, regardless of sound isolation, and have opted just to protect my hearing by using foam earplugs. If you are are sitting on a riding mower with a cab YMMV- anyway IF I was going to try this my rec would be either ER4XR or the Hifiman RE800 silver, which I can insert quite deeply and has good sound isolation too. Good luck and be careful out there!

Sep 6, 2022 at 7:22 PM Post #36,339 of 40,668
I currently use ear muffs and they work well. I once used a Sony noise canceling headphone and it worked very well.

Sep 6, 2022 at 8:03 PM Post #36,341 of 40,668
I currently use ear muffs and they work well. I once used a Sony noise canceling headphone and it worked very well.
Within EE, the clear answer is Bravado. On the cheap level you can check the Belos Audio. A bit higher you can go A4s.

On the ANC side, it may create a lot of ear pressure due to the Noise Canceling and music on top. So, I'm actually not a fan of them on really noise places.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2022 at 1:20 AM Post #36,342 of 40,668
Interesting, I wondering if we have those audio stores as well in Southern California that we can have those TOTL gears to demo?

Check out The Source in Torrance, they have lots of gear that you can audition. ✌️

Sep 7, 2022 at 9:48 AM Post #36,343 of 40,668
Spinfit W1 are not for me. To my ears, it makes the bass thinner, pushes the mids further up and on some tracks it creates an artificial sounding treble. Also makes a smaller soundstage. I'm sticking with the Azla Standard (improves on the Final E).

20220907_213028.jpg

Sep 7, 2022 at 10:20 AM Post #36,344 of 40,668
Spinfit W1 are not for me. To my ears, it makes the bass thinner, pushes the mids further up and on some tracks it creates an artificial sounding treble. Also makes a smaller soundstage. I'm sticking with the Azla Standard (improves on the Final E).

20220907_213028.jpg
You should try the Azla vivid or Crystals, I personally found them a lot more comfortable than the standard ones.

Sep 7, 2022 at 10:52 AM Post #36,345 of 40,668
You should try the Azla vivid or Crystals, I personally found them a lot more comfortable than the standard ones.

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually tried the Crystals with my XM4s - by any chance you also have them on your XM4s? If you do, do your Crystal (for TWS) have the same shallow (short stem) as with the Crystals you use on your EE IEMs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back