Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 11, 2022 at 5:08 PM Post #36,377 of 40,671
Sep 11, 2022 at 5:49 PM Post #36,378 of 40,671
Finally got a decent picture of my LX - an awesome IEM!

Attachments

• LX.png
    LX.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Sep 11, 2022 at 5:56 PM Post #36,379 of 40,671
Finally got a decent picture of my LX - an awesome IEM!
Customs? I have the Uni- still my fav IEM. I keep looking for ways to optimize. I have an Eletech Socrates cable but seeking an optimal DAC to pair with them. I have a Topping A90 Discrete on the way. DAP-wise Hiby R8 running balanced into C9 SS AB Mode which is great - but I keep trying to find a bit more texture and control without losing that marvellous bass impact.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2022 at 5:56 PM Post #36,380 of 40,671
I'm secretly hoping that the new iem will be excellent but not my cup of tea.

Evo is on the way, Wraith is under consideration. Things will be dangerous otherwise.

Sep 11, 2022 at 6:00 PM Post #36,381 of 40,671
Customs? I have the Uni- still my fav IEM. I keep looking for ways to optimize. I have an Eletech Socrates cable but seeking an optimal DAC to pair with them. I have a Topping A90 Discrete on the way. DAP-wise Hiby R8 running balanced into C9 SS AB Mode which is great - but I keep trying to find a bit more texture and control without losing that marvellous bass impact.
Customs. I've been using the Fiio M11 LTD to drive them, with a combination of music on the DAP as well as Qobuz.

Sep 11, 2022 at 6:09 PM Post #36,382 of 40,671

Evo is on the way, Wraith is under consideration. Things will be dangerous otherwise.
I'm always confused as to how one can like both EVO and Wraith. Maybe I didn't get enough proper listening with the Wraith when I had it, but I recall being vastly underwhelmed with them. EVO quite the opposite and remains king of my personal hill. Perhaps my expectations were unrealistic when I first heard the Wraith. I expected them to blow me away.

Sep 11, 2022 at 7:29 PM Post #36,383 of 40,671
I'm always confused as to how one can like both EVO and Wraith. Maybe I didn't get enough proper listening with the Wraith when I had it, but I recall being vastly underwhelmed with them. EVO quite the opposite and remains king of my personal hill. Perhaps my expectations were unrealistic when I first heard the Wraith. I expected them to blow me away.
Wraith is very temperamental with sources. It needs a lot of power to perform as intended. Did you hear it on a powerful source? This also falls on EE as they made a great product but in normal use cases most people couldn’t get everything out of it and crapped on it.

Sep 11, 2022 at 8:00 PM Post #36,385 of 40,671
Wraith is very temperamental with sources. It needs a lot of power to perform as intended. Did you hear it on a powerful source? This also falls on EE as they made a great product but in normal use cases most people couldn’t get everything out of it and crapped on it.

Hence the need for an update.

Sep 11, 2022 at 8:40 PM Post #36,386 of 40,671
If I recall, I was in the hospital reviving from surgery while I had the tour kit. My mobile set up at the time was perhaps underpowered. I had the LX at the same time and it sounded fantastic which certainly didn’t help my Wraith impressions.

Sep 11, 2022 at 9:26 PM Post #36,387 of 40,671
If I recall, I was in the hospital reviving from surgery while I had the tour kit. My mobile set up at the time was perhaps underpowered. I had the LX at the same time and it sounded fantastic which certainly didn’t help my Wraith impressions.
No fault of your own. Many many people had the same impression. The first time I ever went to EE, they gave me the wraith and I was underwhelmed. Then Josh walked in and said ok now listen with this source. It was a completely different IEM. Very impressive especially for rendering vocal warmth and texture.

Sep 12, 2022 at 1:17 AM Post #36,388 of 40,671

ha, I saw the social vid too. Super excited, hope the new iem is good yo

Sep 12, 2022 at 7:49 AM Post #36,389 of 40,671
I am happy with my IEMs. I have no plans to buy anymore even though new models keep coming on the market.

Sep 12, 2022 at 8:58 AM Post #36,390 of 40,671
I am happy with my IEMs. I have no plans to buy anymore even though new models keep coming on the market.
That seems to be a magnificent mantra (which has worked for me for quite some time too) to avoid any kind of upgraditis :sweat_smile:

Somehow I foresee a lot of tempted members (that will turn into buyers) in the near future though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back