Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 26, 2022 at 12:05 AM Post #36,632 of 40,675
600 pieces in total I thought. At least I heard the number a couple of times.

I was told by AK’s US distributor at CanJam there would be 1,000 sets released in November. I suppose there could have been a change, but that is what he said, and being the distributor he would know.

Sep 26, 2022 at 12:06 AM Post #36,633 of 40,675
Sep 26, 2022 at 12:10 AM Post #36,634 of 40,675
I think I’ll be in for the Odyssey pre-order. A shame Musicteck won’t have them to listen to. They’re local for me and a great dealer all around. But with all the reviews I’m getting more comfortable doing a blind order.

Maybe Andrew plans on becoming an AK dealer so he can sell the Odyssey as well as AK’s newest models.

Sep 26, 2022 at 5:18 AM Post #36,635 of 40,675
Think I’m just about to pull the trigger on the Odyssey. I have the Evo at the moment which I bought second hand / trade in for the Sony IER Z1R I had for a while.
The reason I’m thinking about the Odyssey is I love my Evo but I also feel I'm missing something I had from the Z1R. Can't put my finger on what it was.

A bit vague I know but if anyone would like to chime in, please do so. :smile_phones:

Ps. Sorry I used the Sony word in this forum :wink:

Sep 26, 2022 at 1:06 PM Post #36,636 of 40,675
Hey guys, i‘m just about to reshell my own custom Legend X. I was just looking at the shell-designer and was thinking if somebody here used the following shell-designs: nebula, mermaid, aqua/gunmetal swirl, ivory haze or bid‘s eye maple. If yes, would you mind posting an image? i like the designer in general, but for these it‘s difficult to imagine for me how they look in reality :wink: Thanx for your help!

Sep 26, 2022 at 4:09 PM Post #36,638 of 40,675
Think I’m just about to pull the trigger on the Odyssey. I have the Evo at the moment which I bought second hand / trade in for the Sony IER Z1R I had for a while.
The reason I’m thinking about the Odyssey is I love my Evo but I also feel I'm missing something I had from the Z1R. Can't put my finger on what it was.

A bit vague I know but if anyone would like to chime in, please do so. :smile_phones:

Ps. Sorry I used the Sony word in this forum :wink:
Given your reason, I don't think Odyssey is your next move since EVO hit harder in bass. The only reason justify Odyssey is you need an allrounder to handle those EVO are not good at, mostly are NONE bassy type of music. If you can be more specific on what you missing, it will be better to understand since Z1R is also not so good at Mids or detail retrieval.

Sep 26, 2022 at 6:31 PM Post #36,640 of 40,675
600 Odyssey worldwide. I think the confusion is we were originally told it would be under 1,000, but got confirmation later that it was 600.

Hey Jason, thanks for the correction, I really don’t like reporting incorrect info. ✌️

Sep 28, 2022 at 12:45 AM Post #36,641 of 40,675
I am thinking about using custom IEMs when I cut grass, which takes 1 to 1.5 hours. I do not want to use my current IEMs for this purpose as I would prefer a less expensive IEM. What would people recommend as lower priced IEMs that have a warmer sound signatures and sound great for the price?
EJ07 I heard is an all day listening IEM

Sep 28, 2022 at 1:53 AM Post #36,642 of 40,675
Thanks @HiFiHawaii808 for advicing.
Enjoying Evo with Mojo2 now:beerchug:

WechatIMG170.jpeg

Sep 28, 2022 at 2:08 PM Post #36,643 of 40,675
Given your reason, I don't think Odyssey is your next move since EVO hit harder in bass. The only reason justify Odyssey is you need an allrounder to handle those EVO are not good at, mostly are NONE bassy type of music. If you can be more specific on what you missing, it will be better to understand since Z1R is also not so good at Mids or detail retrieval.
Unfortunately I haven't personally listened to EVO but I know several guys who did and got rid of it as they could stand the intense bass (for bassy music) for around 30 mins before fatigueing began.
I personally had Odin for around 2 months and got fatigue mostly from the upper mids and the feeling of getting too much focus on details rather than sinking into the music but I think that's a matter of preference and tolerance in the end.
Why am I responding to this post?
Cause I am wondering if Odyssey can be exactly that: a good all-rounder which is good with vocals? (due to a more balanced? tuning and a tad warmer mids with better timbre) while keeping the bass quality of EVO but an amount between Odin and EVO which imho would be especially enjoyable with bass oriented music without fatigueing plus enjoying mids and treble as well.

Sep 28, 2022 at 3:58 PM Post #36,644 of 40,675
Unfortunately I haven't personally listened to EVO but I know several guys who did and got rid of it as they could stand the intense bass (for bassy music) for around 30 mins before fatigueing began.
I personally had Odin for around 2 months and got fatigue mostly from the upper mids and the feeling of getting too much focus on details rather than sinking into the music but I think that's a matter of preference and tolerance in the end.
Why am I responding to this post?
Cause I am wondering if Odyssey can be exactly that: a good all-rounder which is good with vocals? (due to a more balanced? tuning and a tad warmer mids with better timbre) while keeping the bass quality of EVO but an amount between Odin and EVO which imho would be especially enjoyable with bass oriented music without fatigueing plus enjoying mids and treble as well.
I listen to Evo for hours using Shanling M8 and find no fatigue, just musical enjoyment. :L3000::gs1000smile::o2smile::ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back