Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Oct 13, 2023 at 3:57 AM Post #39,286 of 40,675
That's great. As I said, EE offers to replace your Raven with the new version any time during the warranty period no questions asked and all costs covered. What is the difference or rather what would you have them do instead? What would make you happy in this situation that they don't already do? I fail to see your point but would be happy for any suggestion. Feedback is always valuable. I will also forward it to Jack.
What would make me happy they don't do? Sending me the damn Raven IEMs I paid for 2 months ago.

Oct 13, 2023 at 5:30 AM Post #39,288 of 40,675
What’s the difference ? EE reworking units to address issue. All existing units can be returned and exchanged for upcoming revised version.
Hm…. Works well if you are in the US and never moving. I bought my Raven as a special treat before moving to another continent. Not sure if EEs shipping covers Asia and Africa and I don’t want to try it out. It only means extra work for me at this point and extra headache.

I tried to return my Raven but the trader refused citing there will be the reshelling at a later point. I know I can’t sell it either as things stand, so … it might address most people’s concerns. But it’s still a hassle for the ones who have to move around for making a living to afford extravagant IEMs. I am by now concluding … I better stay in the consumer class. Less stress.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2023 at 1:11 PM Post #39,292 of 40,675
What’s the difference ? EE reworking units to address issue. All existing units can be returned and exchanged for upcoming revised version.
Dax... I attempted to say that before and it gave folks hives, but maybe you said it "respectful" enough

Oct 13, 2023 at 2:29 PM Post #39,293 of 40,675
i feel like too many people in here have way too much money on their bank accounts / free time on their lives and way too little patience/perspective

so much whining , ok this was not EE's finest hour but still why are you crying/whining so much ? EE is a class act and always takes care of its customers so chill the F up guys

go listen to some music with one of your other top iems and be patient

Jesus.

Oct 13, 2023 at 3:34 PM Post #39,294 of 40,675
i feel like too many people in here have way too much money on their bank accounts / free time on their lives and way too little patience/perspective

so much whining , ok this was not EE's finest hour but still why are you crying/whining so much ? EE is a class act and always takes care of its customers so chill the F up guys

Jesus.
Where the heck is your rich uncle??? He needs to stop dragging his feet so you can get some W10 goodness in your life. 😄

Oct 13, 2023 at 4:37 PM Post #39,296 of 40,675

Jesus.
Dude, it’s EXACTLY because I am not a millionaire that I worry about my 3k+ investment which is supposed to last years. Instead, I can neither return it since the trader refuses or even sell it on the second hand marktet. So, I am supposed to “shut the F up” (your insinuation). No, I won’t since it is … time / work / scheduling to get all this changed (and hey, there is a world outside the US, did you know?) and yeah, I do have to work and very little time, so … this is all not cool. Jeez, is this so hard to get?

Oct 13, 2023 at 10:17 PM Post #39,297 of 40,675
Not exactly.

Anytime you pre-order stuff like this, most stores make you pay full freight (MSRP + applicable taxes) as part of the pre-order deal. If you go to a big box retailer, most of the time you won’t get charged for an item until the item ships, or it’s confirmed in stock.

Now if the launch is dragged on for months and you paid full retail for the IEMs at $3599, that’s a lot of money to be out without any product. Unless you’re a deca-millionaire+ you WILL notice that kind of money missing. And you’ll likely be impatient about it.

Let’s flip this, if your paycheck was short 10% you would notice that , right?

Oct 13, 2023 at 11:11 PM Post #39,298 of 40,675
Not exactly.

Anytime you pre-order stuff like this, most stores make you pay full freight (MSRP + applicable taxes) as part of the pre-order deal. If you go to a big box retailer, most of the time you won’t get charged for an item until the item ships, or it’s confirmed in stock.

Now if the launch is dragged on for months and you paid full retail for the IEMs at $3599, that’s a lot of money to be out without any product. Unless you’re a deca-millionaire+ you WILL notice that kind of money missing. And you’ll likely be impatient about it.

Let’s flip this, if your paycheck was short 10% you would notice that , right?
Disclaimer: I have no skin in the Raven game. I demo’ed it at least twice, or 3 times if my memory serves me well. The whole idea was to pair it with the N30LE which was also launched on pre-order. But I just couldn’t pull the trigger on this one.

Now that both the N30 and Raven are released, and not without teething issues, it is a lot of money, enough for me to be frustrated had I not decided against the Raven.

Personally I would just cancel the pre-order if I were in your shoes, and wait for the matter to be resolved before deciding to purchase it again. I empathise with you and hope the cancellation option is available to you. But I can also sense that deep down you do believe that your money is safe and EE will have the Raven landed, eventually and safely.

Cheers

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2023 at 1:34 PM Post #39,300 of 40,675
My account of Raven burn in experience, weekend reading -)

Harmonic Evolution: The Auditory Renaissance Through Raven

The realm of in-ear monitors (IEMs) is perennially abuzz with innovations, each promising a unique, immersive sound experience. Among these, the Raven emerges as a profound contender, primarily due to its incorporation of Bone Conduction Drivers (BCD) and the transformative journey it offers its users through the burn-in process. This detailed account explores the multifaceted experience of adapting to the Raven, focusing on the metamorphosis of its sound profile, the liberation of its treble, the unification of the sonic spectrum, and the integral role of BCD in this auditory revolution.

Embarking on the Raven experience, users are greeted with a soundscape that, although impressive from the outset, often presents a stage and coherence that have yet to fully materialize. This embryonic state of auditory performance is not uncommon with high-fidelity IEMs. However, the subsequent evolutionary journey is one to behold, deeply rooted in its distinctive burn-in phase. This initial period, often riddled with skepticism due to its subtle onset of change, gradually starts reshaping the very essence of the audio output, preparing the ground for a more mature, refined auditory experience.

Integral to this transformation is the liberation of the treble. In its infancy, the Raven’s treble can present as constricted, almost overshadowed by the more dominant aspects of the sound profile. However, during the burn-in process, there’s a gradual yet perceptible shift. The treble begins to unfurl, stretching its auditory tendrils into a space that was previously uncharted. This unfolding is reminiscent of an artist finding their stroke, as the once-muted highs begin to articulate themselves more clearly, adding a new dimension of clarity and spaciousness to the overall sound.

Parallel to the treble’s ascent, the entire sonic spectrum within the Raven begins to demonstrate a remarkable coherence. This newfound harmony is far from a mere ceasefire between competing frequencies. Instead, it represents a symbiotic concord, wherein the lows, mids, and highs don’t just coexist but converge to create a holistic sound mosaic. The bass lines become more defined yet grounded, the mids embrace warmth and character, and the highs achieve a crystalline finesse without veering into abrasive territories. This orchestration of elements contributes to a panoramic soundstage, inviting the listener into an expansive auditory realm.

Amidst this symphony, the role of the Bone Conduction Drivers (BCD) comes to the forefront. The incorporation of BCD technology in Raven transcends the traditional paradigms of sound reception. Instead of solely relying on air conduction, the Raven engages the cranial bones as conduits for sound waves, adding a tangible dimension to the listening experience. This method not only enhances the physical sensation of sound, bridging the external with the internal, but also maintains a clarity of ambient sound, fostering an inclusive listening environment.

The BCD’s influence is particularly noteworthy as the IEMs mature through the burn-in period. They provide a consistent, tactile resonance that grounds the sound experience, preventing the lows and mids from becoming dislodged as the treble finds its eloquence. This balancing act is crucial, ensuring that the sonic evolution doesn’t isolate but integrates each aspect of the sound profile. The result is an auditory experience that is as immersive internally as it is aware externally.

In conclusion, the journey with the Raven is not just an exploration of sound but a redefinition of the listening experience. The burn-in phase serves as a gateway, transitioning the user from a mere listener to an immersive participant in the audio realm. The emancipation of the treble, the harmonization of the sound spectrum, and the pivotal role of bone conduction technology converge to craft an experience that’s both intimate and expansive. The Raven, therefore, stands as a testament to the evolution of sound, inviting its users to not just hear, but to listen, feel, and live the music in its resplendent totality.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back