Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Nov 5, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #61 of 40,675
European dealership?
biggrin.gif

damn I hadn't thought of that. That'd be friggin awesome news!!!!!!!! 

Nov 5, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #63 of 40,675
  Just out of curiosity, why would that be so awesome? What's wrong with ordering from the US? 

example:
 Empire Apollo X: $1600, wood faceplates L+R $45+45, say I pick FedEx $60, total value of shipment = $1750
Now what happens when it goes from Atlanta, Georgia, USA to Brussels, Belgium, EU when it arrives at the Belgian customs is;
value of shipment <150eur?  => +30eur custom fees for formalities
value of shipment <150eur?  => rights of import, x% depending on the type of imported goods. Let's assume it's 0% for audio electronics (I couldn't find this % for Belgium)
VAT: 21%  of  (1750 + 30) = 373.8eur
Total fees I'm expected to pay:  373.8 + 30 = 403.8eur

Dealership inside EU: just the shipping price :)   + money saved for a sexy custom cable 

Problem #2: Say I gotta send back my ciem for a refit to the US. I have to pay the customs for when it arrives there. And all the formula above again once it arrives back...  now imagine I bought a custom Layla and I had go through 2-3 refits and/or quality control issues.

If you ask to lower the value of the shipment to avoid custom fees: 1) it's illegal/risky for the company selling. 2) if the item is lost and was valued at say $100, you'd only get insured on the $100, even if it was really worth $2K.

ps: Sorry for being explicit. All this was all new to me. So I hope it can help others that wanna get their own ciem one day.

Nov 5, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #64 of 40,675
apollo looks nice , but the price is out of reach for me 

a comparison with JHA angie would be nice though

Nov 6, 2015 at 2:01 AM Post #66 of 40,675

Man just relax and enjoy the Miracles for a while! They deserve love too you know 
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 6, 2015 at 7:13 AM Post #67 of 40,675
You could have sticked to the 'promotional' or 'customer support' benefits for EE of having the European dealership but I guess your explicit example sums up the most important for us
biggrin.gif

True. A closer contact point to demo/audition the new lineup too.

Nov 7, 2015 at 12:44 AM Post #68 of 40,675
Coming from the hearing solution business I'm kinda hoping the surprise will be a hearing protection system added to the successful Vang equation. Not a modular one like the ADEL but a (non visible) integrated system with adjustable sound signature filter. If that would be the first added value of Jack's collaboration with his dad, upgrading IEM to a custom will be a no brainer for me. [/daydreaming]

*resumes daydreaming* add a semi-hard shell to that and I'll consider the Athena upgraded version to be my endgame [/daydreaming]

You can say we have several things in the woodworks (is there a spy camera in our labs?). We have a very ambitious R&D team here that's always looking to push innovation to the limits as in-ears are nowhere near the point of diminishing returns.

Semi-hard shells? I like that! 

Do you smellllllllllllllll what Jack, ...... (raises the People's Eyebrow) ......, is cooking?!

Quote:

You'll generally get slightly better extension, especially in the low end in terms of sound different. But yea, its not like going customs is a totally different world of sound

+1 

Nov 7, 2015 at 12:49 AM Post #70 of 40,675
Nov 7, 2015 at 8:15 AM Post #75 of 40,675
Jack is there a gallery where we could see all the actual colors and media choices....pictures not generic color palette's? I though I may have seen some somewhere lol

Yeah the palette sample isn't the best representation but trust me when I say that we're working day and night on the IEM builder to get it to where it needs to be (real color representation, live preview, etc). Today I will try and take some pics of the display shells we have here for a better idea!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back