Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Apr 18, 2017 at 7:30 AM Post #7,291 of 40,635

While you're at it, maybe try out different tips on the Zeus as well. I heard Spiral Dots and Final Audio tips slightly accentuate the bass, but don't create veils like Comply tips tend to do. As far as wax build-up goes, my dad's CIEMs once got one of its tiny bores blocked by a speck of wax and it was enough to cause pretty bad channel imbalance, so it may be a cause of the bass deficiency. But, when all else fails, and it still proves insufficient, maybe try one of EE's bassier offerings like the Athena or the Savage series IEMs; I reckon they might tickle your fancy.

Greetings

How can we determine that all drivers are working fine, could it be the low end drivers are not working?
Is there an audio test we can do for the low end drivers ?

We will try new tips maybe we will try foam tips like comply. And we will try to inspect if there is any wax in them

Cheers

Apr 18, 2017 at 7:45 AM Post #7,292 of 40,635
Greetings

How can we determine that all drivers are working fine, could it be the low end drivers are not working?
Is there an audio test we can do for the low end drivers ?

We will try new tips maybe we will try foam tips like comply. And we will try to inspect if there is any wax in them

Cheers

The only way to truly evaluate any electronic/mechanical error in the IEM is to send them back to EE (either yourselves by contacting Jack Vang, or through a local dealer). You can try using what's known as a Jodi-Vac to remove any wax from the bores of the IEM. Maybe try your local audiologist. Music Sanctuary in Singapore has one that they let customers use for free, so maybe they'd offer the same service too.

Foam tips are great for boosting bass and isolation, but you might wanna try the silicone tips I mentioned as well, as I find foam tips tend to muffle the sound, ruining the Zeus's amazing clarity. I also find listening for a long time at a lower level helps if you find the Zeus unnatural or lean; it alllows your brain to adjust to its signature. Going from the Z5's signature to the Zeus's signature is sure to cause aural whiplash, so maybe get used to them first before making any more judgments.

Apr 18, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #7,293 of 40,635
Thanks for the warm re-welcoming! Will post updates as they come. Truth be told, the friendships that I've been in the industry over the course of the last year & half, is really the reason I wanted to stay with it instead of shifting gears more dramatically. There's just something about being apart of a traveling circus, seeing the same group of friends in different cities around the world, while mixing it up with pairing fresh faces & screen names. 

See you guys out there!

Apr 18, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #7,296 of 40,635
  Hey guys, figured I should catch you all up on the recent developments and explain my lack of posting since CanJam NYC.

As you can probably see by my Member of Trade status being updated, I'm no longer with Asius. I'll still be here to help people with various ADEL questions if you PM me, but otherwise I won't be speaking to that topic. It's not really appropriate for me to go into the reasoning for the change in companies.

In the coming week or two, I'll be packing up everything here in Boulder and heading out to Atlanta to join the rest of the Empire team in person and get back to work in a lab. Trading my lovely canyon roads of the Front Range, for humidity and the booming music scene.

I'll still be on the front lines with Jack at shows around the world, so there's still pretty good odds that I'll see you at events in the future!

Hope the move is easy and without issue.  Happy to see you back.

Apr 18, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #7,297 of 40,635
Unless it is significantly altered, maybe a slider instead of a dial?  Don't see how that violates any patents.
Slider could be too easily moved accidentally if not executed properly and that would also mean proprietary connectors on the IEMs so that means more expensive cables and harder to find replacement/upgrade cables.

Apr 18, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #7,300 of 40,635

Or can be like this, can adjust high, mid and low:smile::smile::smile:

I've actually come across and heard two faulty Effect Audio cables that had the bass dial soldered to the wrong terminal, such that the dial controlled the mids on one and the treble on the other. The result was actually quite hilarious, as you could mess with channel imbalance and soundstage pretty immensely with such a setup. Though, I imagine it might not have been very funny to the owners of those cables 
etysmile.gif

Apr 18, 2017 at 10:24 PM Post #7,302 of 40,635
So the XR will be arriving tomorrow...Can someone sum up the qualities and signature with the B1 module.

Thanks

They're going to tell you to go with the G1. Just a warning. :wink:

I'd be interested in your impressions with the S1. Seeing as Zeus is not very bass-heavy, that may be your's and my preferred module for this particular IEM.

Either way, you'll find out soon enough. :D

Keep us posted!

Apr 18, 2017 at 10:31 PM Post #7,304 of 40,635
They're going to tell you to go with the G1. Just a warning. :wink:

I'd be interested in your impressions with the S1. Seeing as Zeus is not very bass-heavy, that may be your's and my preferred module for this particular IEM.

Either way, you'll find out soon enough. :D

Keep us posted!

Of course the G1 is one I don't have :grin: it will be quite a contrast for me since I generally prefer a bit more warmth. I will try the S1 though without a doubt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back