Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
May 13, 2018 at 8:23 AM Post #13,441 of 40,684
Anyone else who owns the Bravados love how the sub-bass has as much presence (presence, not quantity) as the mid-bass, mids and treble without sounding veiled? It's amazing.
Absolutely. The first time I heard it my jaw dropped. I'm eagerly awaiting the return of my repaired right earpiece. :rocket:

May 13, 2018 at 8:27 AM Post #13,442 of 40,684
In Paris, cost me 20€ I guess 15-25$ so not the expensive part of CIEMs

The important thing is to select someone you trust (referral is best) or at least someone who is used to taking prints for IEMs from what I understand those who are used to take prints for audio prosthetics tend to go for a very relaxed fit causing some seal issue.

Quite, it's also worth printing off the instructions from Empires site and taking them in as well for the audiologist to have a look at (or at least have them on your phone if you can't print them).

May 13, 2018 at 10:38 AM Post #13,443 of 40,684
Anyone else who owns the Bravados love how the sub-bass has as much presence (presence, not quantity) as the mid-bass, mids and treble without sounding veiled? It's amazing.

Once they were fully burned in, it showed up in spades. I'm soooo glad you noticed that it's quality with what seems like the right amount of quantity. That is sooo hard for most folks to even hear as they aren't 'told' to by folks. So many feel that great bass is all about a single note vibration and thud, lol....(that's why I enjoy this board as you guys seem to be much more in tune than on the 2 channel boards % wise).

... finally we come to a common denominator! :D

I read your post all teh time and this isn't even close to the first time :wink:.... You are one of the many who's posts I look for :) ... thanks for saying that as it was kind!

May 13, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #13,444 of 40,684
In Paris, cost me 20€ I guess 15-25$ so not the expensive part of CIEMs

The important thing is to select someone you trust (referral is best) or at least someone who is used to taking prints for IEMs from what I understand those who are used to take prints for audio prosthetics tend to go for a very relaxed fit causing some seal issue.

I got to pay $75 to do an impression for both my CIEMs UM and EE. She is a local Audiologist who worked for JH Audio and UEM before.

May 13, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #13,445 of 40,684
I got to pay $75 to do an impression for both my CIEMs UM and EE. She is a local Audiologist who worked for JH Audio and UEM before.

what?? i paid nothing :D they just made the impressions, said "that's on the house" and i left.

May 13, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #13,446 of 40,684

Zeus-R with Beat Audio Silver Sonic MKV (2.5-mm BAL). Looks good, and very comfortable to wear. :) The Zeus seems to be the quietest out of SP1000 balanced output. I felt there is less noise in comparison with its SE counter-part. It also boosted the volume a bit, around 5-10 clicks.

Last edited:
May 13, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #13,448 of 40,684
Your Audiologist might have contract with CIEM’s manufacturing like you can do your impression at the show without charging fee. I might do it with Visinoears at CanJam SoCal 2019. :smile_phones:

i doubt it. He just decided not to charge me for the impressions because there were a lot of clients and he didn't care about the 15 or 20 €. Should i ever need a hearing aid device this Audiologist will be my first place to go. So i'd say he did everything right :) Happy clients are good clients.

May 13, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #13,449 of 40,684

Zeus-R with Beat Audio Silver Sonic MKV (2.5-mm BAL). Looks good, and very comfortable to wear. :) The Zeus seems to be the quietest out of SP1000 balanced output. I felt there is less noise in comparison with its SE counter-part. It also boosted the volume a bit, around 5-10 clicks.

nice color

May 13, 2018 at 2:33 PM Post #13,450 of 40,684
Mine has MS like I do and did them gratis. EE said they were outstanding and they fit right out of the box. I was so scared that they would need some small work, but didn't. Love my Phantom's.

May 14, 2018 at 6:38 AM Post #13,453 of 40,684
Westone makes custom ear tips (UM56 series)

But only for their iems with a small diameter nozzle, so it will fit only Westone and Shure iems .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back