Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jan 22, 2022 at 9:49 AM Post #34,861 of 40,611
Bone conduction technology has been around ages and despite remaining adamant about not infringing on a patent that is only applicable in China they continue to hurl threats and defamation statements for clout. Also, who releases an exact imitation of something after it's been released and calls it the original? You're welcome.
Thanks Jack! Sorry, I know it's very odd to post here. I am a HongKonger so I know the China company 'logic'.
BTW, I hope to get my EVO back before lunar new year. Can you help to check is it on the way back to HK? Thanks and I apologize again!

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2022 at 10:44 AM Post #34,862 of 40,611
I don't think Chinese patents have the same weight as US patents, especially as Chinese businesses have been stealing other country's electronics and tech for years.

Go get 'em, Jack.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2022 at 11:01 AM Post #34,863 of 40,611
Thanks Jack! Sorry, I know it's very odd to post here. I am a HongKonger so I know the China company 'logic'.
BTW, I hope to get my EVO back before lunar new year. Can you help to check is it on the way back to HK? Thanks and I apologize again!

No need to apologize my friend. This subject is getting long in the tooth so I have to address it once in awhile. I know that you're a supporter of EE and I can't thank you enough for that. I'll send you a PM in regards to your RMA.

I don't think Chinese patents have the same weight as US patents, especially as Chinese businesses have been stealing other county's electronics and tech for years.

Go get 'em, Jack.

I recently congratulated a fellow US manufacturer on their new bone conduction hybrid IEMs and they haven't heard a single thing from them. Clout chasers love unnecessary drama.

Jan 23, 2022 at 1:33 PM Post #34,866 of 40,611
Well I’m looking forward to seeing what EE comes up with for 2022. Any places to audition the Evo in California?

If you live in SoCal, check out The Source AV in Torrance, they are a dealer.

Jan 23, 2022 at 4:51 PM Post #34,867 of 40,611
Jan 23, 2022 at 6:58 PM Post #34,868 of 40,611
Back in August 2020, I pre-ordered the Odin FE, and little did I know this would begin an odyssey in acquiring flagship IEMs. I now have eight other flagships in my collection ranging from $1,100 to $6,000, and my journey is now coming to an end. The pandemic proved to be the impetus for all these purchases since the mental strain created by shutting in so long was at times unbearable, so every time a box would arrive from Musicteck, I got to experience some joy. 🥳

BEF7B6EE-2F21-417E-B7AB-FCD7A57AA65E.jpeg

In addition to the IEMs shown, I also have two DD sets, the Shichiku.Kangen and the Sakura 71 which has become my everyday driver. They are not shown since their small shells don’t allow them to display in my case as I would like. As a result, I have one spot left open, and I’m considering either the U18s or the EXT to finalize my collection (the EVO is a cause of concern for me since accentuated sub-bass has a tendency to cause my eardrums to hurt). Once I decide on which one to get, I likely won’t be visiting Head-fi much anymore to avoid the temptation of new releases; I have to stop somewhere since the addictive nature of this hobby has lessened my pocketbook by quite a bit.

I’d like to thank @Jack Vang and the rest of the Empire team for beginning this ride with the fabulous Odin. It was initially an up and down relationship that I had with the Odin due to the upper-mid prominence, but my recent acquisition of the LPGT Ti has totally transformed the sound of my Odin, and it now sits firmly as one of my favorites.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2022 at 7:39 PM Post #34,869 of 40,611
we all say we will stop and each purchase will be the last but we all know we are lying lol

Jan 23, 2022 at 7:57 PM Post #34,870 of 40,611
we all say we will stop and each purchase will be the last but we all know we are lying lol

yes, I understand that notion, so since I’m the type that likes to break barriers, I’m going for it, and you can mark my words. :L3000:

Jan 23, 2022 at 8:01 PM Post #34,872 of 40,611
Back in August 2020, I pre-ordered the Odin FE, and little did I know this would begin an odyssey in acquiring flagship IEMs. I now have eight other flagships in my collection ranging from $1,100 to $6,000, and my journey is now coming to an end. The pandemic proved to be the impetus for all these purchases since the mental strain created by shutting in so long was at times unbearable, so every time a box would arrive from Musicteck, I got to experience some joy. 🥳

BEF7B6EE-2F21-417E-B7AB-FCD7A57AA65E.jpeg

In addition to the IEMs shown, I also have two DD sets, the Shichiku.Kangen and the Sakura 71 which has become my everyday driver. They are not shown since their small shells don’t allow them to display in my case as I would like. As a result, I have one spot left open, and I’m considering either the U18s or the EXT to finalize my collection (the EVO is a cause of concern for me since accentuated sub-bass has a tendency to cause my eardrums to hurt). Once I decide on which one to get, I likely won’t be visiting Head-fi much anymore to avoid the temptation of new releases; I have to stop somewhere since the addictive nature of this hobby has lessened my pocketbook by quite a bit.

I’d like to thank @Jack Vang and the rest of the Empire team for beginning this ride with the fabulous Odin. It was initially an up and down relationship that I had with the Odin due to the upper-mid prominence, but my recent acquisition of the LPGT Ti has totally transformed the sound of my Odin, and it now sits firmly as one of my favorites.
You know, Van Nuys has a bigger case, right?

Jan 23, 2022 at 8:21 PM Post #34,873 of 40,611

Good grief, man.

Well done.

Jan 23, 2022 at 8:21 PM Post #34,874 of 40,611
Jan 23, 2022 at 8:24 PM Post #34,875 of 40,611

Users who are viewing this thread

Back