Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Dec 19, 2023 at 2:49 AM Post #39,722 of 40,672
I'm new to EE. Just trying out the Bravado MkII and very impressed with bass and coherency for a tribrid. Anyone have direct comparison on how the bass on Odin compares? Freq graph looks totally different in that region.

Dec 19, 2023 at 4:12 AM Post #39,723 of 40,672
I'm new to EE. Just trying out the Bravado MkII and very impressed with bass and coherency for a tribrid. Anyone have direct comparison on how the bass on Odin compares? Freq graph looks totally different in that region.
Less raw quantity in sub, but they're very different sound signatures as you may have guessed. Odin's speed and clarity while still maintaining that signature EE bass quality is its strength.

Dec 19, 2023 at 8:13 AM Post #39,724 of 40,672
Any Empire Ears offerings that have great bass, warm tone but still detailed? ODIN was too bright and I enjoyed Legend X but wish it had more detail or treble.

Dec 19, 2023 at 8:18 AM Post #39,725 of 40,672
Any Empire Ears offerings that have great bass, warm tone but still detailed? ODIN was too bright and I enjoyed Legend X but wish it had more detail or treble.
Did you try EVO?

Dec 19, 2023 at 8:20 AM Post #39,726 of 40,672
EVO, though you're going to sacrifice both warmth and smoothness for that extra detail.

Dec 19, 2023 at 8:28 AM Post #39,727 of 40,672
EVO, though you're going to sacrifice both warmth and smoothness for that extra detail.
Also, ‘dunno if the EVO’s gonna satisfy the “more treble” criteria. Its upper-treble leaves much to be desired IMO. The Raven can be a good candidate. We just need to see how far the final revision is from what we heard in Singapore.

Dec 19, 2023 at 8:30 AM Post #39,728 of 40,672
Also, ‘dunno if the EVO’s gonna satisfy the “more treble” criteria. Its upper-treble leaves much to be desired IMO. The Raven can be a good candidate. We just need to see how far the final revision is from what we heard in Singapore.
True, EVO is mainly more upper mids, which takes it away from the LX blueprint.

Dec 19, 2023 at 8:45 AM Post #39,729 of 40,672
One of the many questions swirling around about Raven... still excited to hear it

Dec 19, 2023 at 10:07 AM Post #39,730 of 40,672

Well I haven’t dabbled in a lot yet but I find Raven to provide pretty much everything I want. The tone isn’t warm I guess but it’s closer to warm than bright. Also the frequency ranges all provide the sound and detail that I was looking for. I know they aren’t widely available yet and some changes were made but as one of the few who has them I figured I’d toss my hat in.

I sampled a few of the products released by Empire Ears and Raven was clearly their most complete IEM from what I heard. Source was a SP3000 if that matters.

Dec 19, 2023 at 1:06 PM Post #39,731 of 40,672
Well I haven’t dabbled in a lot yet but I find Raven to provide pretty much everything I want. The tone isn’t warm I guess but it’s closer to warm than bright. Also the frequency ranges all provide the sound and detail that I was looking for. I know they aren’t widely available yet and some changes were made but as one of the few who has them I figured I’d toss my hat in.

I sampled a few of the products released by Empire Ears and Raven was clearly their most complete IEM from what I heard. Source was a SP3000 if that matters.
I believe it gives more than what one can take, and depending on other parts in the chain certain aspects become more dominant.
I can set RS8 in AK4499 mode, and with Spinfit Omni, treble shines with considerable sound stage expansion towards sides
It can also challenge the EVO in bass with final E tips and a bit of dynamics.

There has been one occasion where I felt Raven was the bottleneck and that was with respect to vocals. Listen to the track Mechanistic Inception by Mono sapiens. 10 second part starting at 5:05, has nice treble and vocals mixing. Vocals aren't very clear there with Raven because of the treble; and anecdotally somebody said it was clear with Odins for example

Dec 19, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #39,732 of 40,672
I believe it gives more than what one can take, and depending on other parts in the chain certain aspects become more dominant.
I can set RS8 in AK4499 mode, and with Spinfit Omni, treble shines with considerable sound stage expansion towards sides
It can also challenge the EVO in bass with final E tips and a bit of dynamics.

There has been one occasion where I felt Raven was the bottleneck and that was with respect to vocals. Listen to the track Mechanistic Inception by Mono sapiens. 10 second part starting at 5:05, has nice treble and vocals mixing. Vocals aren't very clear there with Raven because of the treble; and anecdotally somebody said it was clear with Odins for example

Very true. I’ve only ever used them with the included tips since they fit my ear canal well. My impressions are very limited but for my use case they have been really great. They kind of remind me of my Meze Elite but with more sub bass presence.

Dec 20, 2023 at 4:24 AM Post #39,733 of 40,672
Thanks to many very experienced Head fiers purchased both Odyssey & Raven..Very minor query managed after numerous attempts to get tips on ..Any helpful advice for when I clean & then put them back on? Thank you John

Dec 20, 2023 at 4:30 AM Post #39,735 of 40,672
Thanks to many very experienced Head fiers purchased both Odyssey & Raven..Very minor query managed after numerous attempts to get tips on ..Any helpful advice for when I clean & then put them back on? Thank you John
Hold the opening of the tip at like a 45 degree ish angle to the nozzle and then kinda "roll" it on while pinching the side that's making contact to the side a bit, can be tricky til you get the hang of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back