Empire Ears RAVEN is Finally Here!
Sep 1, 2023 at 1:30 PM Post #16 of 37
So you recieved your pre-order?
It seems like a couple more have leaked out into the wild, but EE is having a small delay, so while we expecting to start shipping today, dealers haven't gotten their stock to fulfill preorders yet.

Bloom Audio Headphones and Personal Audio with Pitch Perfect Service. Stay updated on Bloom Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/BloomAudioStore https://twitter.com/BloomAudioStore https://www.instagram.com/BloomAudioStore https://bloomaudio.com hello@bloomaudio.com
Sep 2, 2023 at 1:33 AM Post #17 of 37
So you recieved your pre-order?
I had a very long listening session at my local dealer and I must say I am impressed with the Raven. I have tried it with both Yatono Ultimate cable as well as with the EA Leonidas Octa. If you are after bassy sound go with some copper cable like Yatono. Silver and hybrid gives it more neutral tuning. Also it appeared to be tip dependent. Also consider the size of the shells as it might be too big for smaller ears

Sep 13, 2023 at 6:43 AM Post #18 of 37
It seems like a couple more have leaked out into the wild, but EE is having a small delay, so while we expecting to start shipping today, dealers haven't gotten their stock to fulfill preorders yet.
Thank you Steve keep us updated 👍🏼

Sep 28, 2023 at 8:26 PM Post #19 of 37
I got my Launch Edition Tuesday at lunch. Thanks to MusicTek for their great service and fast delivery. Couldn’t wait to Put them on and listen. I know lots enjoy the unboxing experience but as an engineer , so what. I struggle to get the tight paper/cardboard outer sleeve off and to be honest I like the older tower case system better. But the real meat is how does it sound? Out of the box it was big, immersive, very detailed and just a little bass shy, it was there but not what I expected. But those weapons need a little time. 2.5 days in and I may be in audio heaven. Bass digs deep deep and hits hard. Very detailed and textured in the mid bass. Adds a little body to the lower mids - guitars and male voices are exquisite. Upper mids are very nice but maybe a touch behind the lower. Treble is extended and airy - have not heard any simbalance or splashiness at yet. Technically the biggest soundstage I have heard yet - bigger than Jewel in all aspects of staging so far (who needs Jewel for a good price?). Layering in top notch with air between each instrument. All on the r7 cable. Will wait to roll cables for another few days until sound changes subside. Lots of listening sessions upcoming.

one last thing, this is the launch edition and it is some bling . Only time my wife has ever noticed a new iem and wants to know where it came from, whoops. They are massive when you hold them in your hand but fit very well into the ear and has been comfortable for 2-3 hour listening sessions so far.

Sep 28, 2023 at 8:34 PM Post #20 of 37
I got my Launch Edition Tuesday at lunch. Thanks to MusicTek for their great service and fast delivery. Couldn’t wait to Put them on and listen. I know lots enjoy the unboxing experience but as an engineer , so what. I struggle to get the tight paper/cardboard outer sleeve off and to be honest I like the older tower case system better. But the real meat is how does it sound? Out of the box it was big, immersive, very detailed and just a little bass shy, it was there but not what I expected. But those weapons need a little time. 2.5 days in and I may be in audio heaven. Bass digs deep deep and hits hard. Very detailed and textured in the mid bass. Adds a little body to the lower mids - guitars and male voices are exquisite. Upper mids are very nice but maybe a touch behind the lower. Treble is extended and airy - have not heard any simbalance or splashiness at yet. Technically the biggest soundstage I have heard yet - bigger than Jewel in all aspects of staging so far (who needs Jewel for a good price?). Layering in top notch with air between each instrument. All on the r7 cable. Will wait to roll cables for another few days until sound changes subside. Lots of listening sessions upcoming.

one last thing, this is the launch edition and it is some bling . Only time my wife has ever noticed a new iem and wants to know where it came from, whoops. They are massive when you hold them in your hand but fit very well into the ear and has been comfortable for 2-3 hour listening sessions so far.
Awesome!! Thanks for sharing I like your take on Raven Just don’t tell your wife how much it cost 😅 have you taken the cable out yet?

Sep 29, 2023 at 12:22 PM Post #22 of 37
CAUTION!!!
I received my brand new Ravens last night and promptly destroyed them before I ever listened to them.

I tried to remove the OEM cables to replace them with Moon Audio Silver Dragons. When I tugged a bit at the connector - and not very hard - the shell cracked in my hand, severing the wire connections between the cable and the internals of the IEM!

I have 3 other pairs of EE IEMs, and I have switched out cables on them (and other IEMs) many times with no problems. I don’t know what went wrong here but just in case this was a problem caused by the design of the Raven (as opposed to my own mistake) if you switch out the cable BE VERY CAREFUL.

Attachments

• IMG_8041.jpeg
    IMG_8041.jpeg
    281.8 KB · Views: 0
Sep 29, 2023 at 12:23 PM Post #23 of 37
CAUTION!!!
I received my brand new Ravens last night and promptly destroyed them before I ever listened to them.

I tried to remove the OEM cables to replace them with Moon Audio Silver Dragons. When I tugged a bit at the connector - and not very hard - the shell cracked in my hand, severing the wire connections between the cable and the internals of the IEM!

I have 3 other pairs of EE IEMs, and I have switched out cables on them (and other IEMs) many times with no problems. I don’t know what went wrong here but just in case this was a problem caused by the design of the Raven (as opposed to my own mistake) if you switch out the cable BE VERY CAREFUL.
👀🤦🏻‍♂️💀💀💀💀

Sep 29, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #24 of 37
CAUTION!!!

☠️ yikes, good luck!
After care and service from EE will probably help you out. But damn that sucks

Sep 29, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #25 of 37
CAUTION!!!

Once again. Sorry, I don't mean to flame, but this is just embarrassing from a company that has been in the business for years and has a certain reputation. When I then think of the various problems that Odyssey also has (e.g. channel disbalance or BCD not working accurately), it is clear that EE should work urgently on QC departement...

@spwood I'm really sorry for that and I hope sincerly that you will receive a brand new pair or a refund for that.

Sep 29, 2023 at 12:58 PM Post #26 of 37
Once again. Sorry, I don't mean to flame, but this is just embarrassing from a company that has been in the business for years and has a certain reputation. When I then think of the various problems that Odyssey also has (e.g. channel disbalance or BCD not working accurately), it is clear that EE should work urgently on QC departement...

@spwood I'm really sorry for that and I hope sincerly that you will receive a brand new pair or a refund for that.
I don’t think that we should bash EE over what happened to me until we figure out what went wrong. It could have been my fault, a design flaw or just a one-of issue. I’ll let you know what we learn.

Sep 29, 2023 at 1:06 PM Post #27 of 37
I don’t think that we should bash EE over what happened to me until we figure out what went wrong. It could have been my fault, a design flaw or just a one-of issue. I’ll let you know what we learn.

You aren’t the first person it’s happened to. There’s been a couple of reports of this on the EE thread.

Sep 30, 2023 at 6:12 AM Post #28 of 37
This is number 5 on reported breaks including one of mine looks like you did the same thing I did, just try to take out the two pin and then boom good night nurse

Oct 3, 2023 at 10:36 AM Post #29 of 37
CAUTION!!!

Hey - just PMed you. Hopefully you can get that fixed quickly!

Bloom Audio Headphones and Personal Audio with Pitch Perfect Service. Stay updated on Bloom Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/BloomAudioStore https://twitter.com/BloomAudioStore https://www.instagram.com/BloomAudioStore https://bloomaudio.com hello@bloomaudio.com
Oct 3, 2023 at 11:58 AM Post #30 of 37
CAUTION!!!

An update: Both my dealer (Moon Audio) and Empire Ears (Jack and Leasah) have been incredibly responsive to my sad Raven story, and the IEMs will soon be on their way back to Empire Ears for replacement. For me, the true test of an an organization is how it reacts when things go wrong, and Moon Audio and Empire Ears get an A+ Props, too, to Stephen at Bloom Audio who reached out to me without even knowing if I purchased my Ravens from him. You can't ask for better customer service than that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back