Eric McChanson Headphone Amp??
Apr 22, 2024 at 9:27 PM Post #9,841 of 9,892
MoChanson
I have previously decided not to buy from them, neither from WEGE_high-price or bangy- bang or the Italian seller with interesting tubes.
I was gifted a pair of GEC ATS25 and have just received adapters to use them but have other tubes to try first in other adapters that will keep me busy for months.
Totempole must have lifted their game to get 100%feedback, they didn’t use to have 100%, I don’t use seller with less than 100% it’s a simple procedure to check their past feedback.

IMG_1780.png

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2024 at 10:20 PM Post #9,842 of 9,892
I'm not enthusiastic about him either, he did deliver but my Nec 6sn7s were a bit off from the measured value.
In the end I bought what I got and what was measured.
If I had understood the measured values better back then, I wouldn't have bought them.
As he had also published them.
He has good treasures but I still don't buy anything from him any more, unfortunately the risk is too high for me.

Apr 23, 2024 at 2:48 AM Post #9,845 of 9,892
In all fairness, that Indian seller wasn't too bad. I had previously bought 2 pairs of Mullard EL32 grey glass and clear glass without issue but that was off eBay instead of going direct to them.
Well thankfully my GEC 807 are now on their way . :o2smile: After getting no response via email, I contacted them through Facebook messenger and they replied straight away , I asked to have tubes sent to Perth (my mums house) instead of where I live (small country town ) , which is why they wanted the extra postage . They said yes , postage to Perth would be covered by what I had already paid and they are now sent :thumbsup:

Apr 23, 2024 at 3:30 AM Post #9,846 of 9,892
Ordered these yesterday , Which adapter do i use in UltimatE ?
Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 3.27.48 PM.png

Apr 23, 2024 at 4:36 AM Post #9,847 of 9,892
Apr 23, 2024 at 4:41 AM Post #9,848 of 9,892
Well thankfully my GEC 807 are now on their way . :o2smile: After getting no response via email, I contacted them through Facebook messenger and they replied straight away , I asked to have tubes sent to Perth (my mums house) instead of where I live (small country town ) , which is why they wanted the extra postage . They said yes , postage to Perth would be covered by what I had already paid and they are now sent :thumbsup:

That's what I said. They are not as bad as some make them out to be. My email to them wasn't replied too. I think the email on their website is wrong or not monitored. If buying from eBay, a message to them will get a response. However I am glad you could contact them on Facebook.

I just got an offer at a discount from them for a pair of VT60 but I'm not going to increase my stash.

Apr 23, 2024 at 6:59 AM Post #9,849 of 9,892
That's what I said. They are not as bad as some make them out to be. My email to them wasn't replied too. I think the email on their website is wrong or not monitored. If buying from eBay, a message to them will get a response. However I am glad you could contact them on Facebook.

I just got an offer at a discount from them for a pair of VT60 but I'm not going to increase my stash.
Not bad? My apology but I have to disagree and I am not the only one. A few of the fellows here have also encountered the same thing when their purchases have a problem, you will see. Btw, my communication with them has been through Ebay all the time. Yes, I got a fast reply from them, that is only after I left them that negative feedback. They offered a refund if I were to remove the feedback which I ignored. That tells you a lot how they operate.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2024 at 7:18 AM Post #9,850 of 9,892
Not bad? My apology but I have to disagree and I am not the only one. A few of the fellows here have also encountered the same thing when their purchases have a problem, you will see. Btw, my communication with them has been through Ebay all the time. Yes, I got a fast reply from them, that is only after I left them that negative feedback. They offered a refund if I were to remove the feedback which I ignored. That tells you a lot how they operate.

I'm sorry it turn out badly for you and some others. I can only speak about my own experience so far. That quad there on the left were from them and I had no problems.

IMG_3665.jpg

Apr 23, 2024 at 7:30 AM Post #9,851 of 9,892
You remember Old-guy-radiola or something like that on eBay? When he had recieved a bad reputation he changed the name to Bangy-bang.
We have seen this pattern before.

Buying old tubes is a gamble. That's why I don't want to pay a lot of money for them. I have found several golden nuggets for little money that had not paid a single tube from some sellers. And I guess few people could tell NOS tubes from used tubes by just listening to them, especially in headphone amps. And a NOS tube is NOS until you hear it, then it's just a used tube with probably a lot of life left. But a lot of used tubes are almost the same.

Apr 23, 2024 at 8:04 AM Post #9,853 of 9,892
I think it is very important as a community that we keep each other informed about our tube purchasing experiences. It is after all an important part of the amplifier owning process

Apr 23, 2024 at 8:22 AM Post #9,855 of 9,892
Hey mr bossy boots, it’s all part and parcel of the same thing. I fortunately have not had any issues that others have had. But it seems a logical place to discuss issues here as the tubes we talk about are specific to Eric’s creations. This thread is full of people stating what tubes to buy and where to get them from, therefore it would surely be the best place to highlight any issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back