Ether C Flow 1.1 for making Music?
May 27, 2022 at 5:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

fuzecap

New Head-Fier
Hello all,

I have been on a bit of a can bender after buying my pair of LCD-X and am looking for things to balance out the collection. I currently have a T50RP Mk3, DT770, AD900X, and ESP 95X. I just ran my 770 into destruction and while I should probably just fix it first I have been looking at other closed cans with similar signatures to setup to the level of my X. The reason for my interest was seeing the FR. The Graph has the same kind of "straight line" my LCD X has that I very much enjoy. I'm not referring to the massdrop version but the C Flow 1.1 specifically.

I wanted something that could really extend into the sub bass which by the numbers and some reviews I thought it would do, then I came across someone comparing it to the 770 and still giving the bass and soundstage to the latter.

I'm kind of stuck as it seems every time I try to find a better closed back can someone out there thinks the 770 is better. And what sucks even more is I think I might be one of those people lol. When it was working I didn't take it off. Everything from the clamp to the sound was perfect even after being ran into extinction. I really need something to make music and the Audiophile in me is afraid that the answer is getting a 250 ohm 770 instead of the 80 ohm I have for a better sub bass and flatter response.

I want an upgrade tho, and the purpose of these is to isolate me in a world of sound wherever I am so I can focus on making music. Im learing to make beats as well as record myself and need something that can both do the job and hold up to snuff with the stuff I have been using. When I use my LCD X I feel the music on a different level then I ever could on any of my cheaper pairs. Its not a bad thing but when it comes to making music I really want to feel and maintain the vibe throughout the session and don't want something overly boring or clinical. At the same I like a flat sound but a warmer tint which is exactly how everyone describes the Ether. Really at a crossroads as obviously I don't need something that expensive but I do need that true emotional experience when it comes to the music without ****ing with the response at all. If I pick something too accentuated in any one area, my music will be deficient in that same way. Anyone who works in audio understands this but its often that I see people recommend something that favors being "fun" then doing the job right. I just don't want to loose that aspect of it completely.

Thank you all love this community

Users who are viewing this thread

Back