Etymotic ER-4/Audio Technica ATH-A700 replacement?
May 27, 2010 at 9:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ecosse_011172

New Head-Fier
I've been using these headphones for home/travel fora few years and have been very pleased with the sound.
However, I find the Etymotics uncomfortable when used for more than an hour or so and the ATH-A700s have a loose wire so I'd like to replace both with a more comfortable pair of headphones that can be used at home or whilst travelling, the source will mostly be an iPhone.

They need to be closed and have minimal sound leakage, my budget is flexible

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

May 27, 2010 at 10:07 AM Post #2 of 5
You mean you want portable closed headphones?

Budget is flexible? ED8 is your choice :)

Some suggestions: ESW9, ESW10, ES7, ES10, T50p (not yet released), HD25, HFI780, SRH840. Have a look at my sig.

And please provide some information on sound signature you like or genres of music you listen to so people can suggest things easier.

May 27, 2010 at 10:22 AM Post #3 of 5
Thanks KLS,

Yes, portable closed phones, less than 300USD would be ideal, I'm not that flexible :)

I listen mostly to indie/rock/pop and prefer a fairly neutral sound with natural (not empasised) bass.

May 27, 2010 at 10:34 AM Post #4 of 5
I don't have much experience in headphones, but from what I have read, Sony CD900ST or 7506 are some of the most neutral monitor phones.

If you want some fairly neutral phones, I think HD-25-1 II or SRH840 are good as well.

All based on what I have read.

EDIT: If I were you, I'd wait for the T50p to release first before deciding to buy anything. I have read an article saying they are bright phones. However I am not sure if that was a reliable source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back