Etymotic ER-6i durability
Jan 7, 2007 at 10:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

RollsDownWindowsManually

100+ Head-Fier
I would just like to post that I just (accidentally) put my ER-6i's through a full cycle of a clothes washing machine in the pocket of some slacks and a full cycle of a dryer and they still work fine. As an added bonus, they now smell forest-fresh and snuggly. Hope this helps anyone questioning their durability.

Jan 7, 2007 at 11:54 AM Post #3 of 5
il tell you this much

my er6i is being mailed back to me from etymotic after about 3 months of use i think the cable broke inside when it was put in a bag in my pocket.

the actual earphone is sturdy but the cable is a piece of ****

Jan 7, 2007 at 4:33 PM Post #5 of 5
this is going to be a perpetual thing, what with multiple thread spawning recently; the loyalists who stick by their 6i (me inclusive) will defend the cables and there are those who have theirs dying on them.

i'd advocate a little more care for anyone who has ever snapped their cables for any 'phones. grabbing in one bunch or stuffing the thing in a tight situation just won't do. kinks are also a bane for thin cables commonly found on this sort of portable earphones. look out for these and you'll probably find that even the accidental hard tugs will be the least of your worries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back