Europe Deals Thread
Jul 24, 2022 at 10:44 AM Post #2,372 of 2,497
Jul 24, 2022 at 11:28 AM Post #2,373 of 2,497
Is it gone?
Yes, it's no longer available. Might come back in stock at same price though as it was sold by Amazon directly, not Hifiman or another seller.

Aug 6, 2022 at 8:41 AM Post #2,377 of 2,497
Oh snap!
What's wrong with them that you don't like?

Aug 6, 2022 at 8:50 AM Post #2,378 of 2,497
Imho the best planars I have heard to date

Aug 6, 2022 at 10:13 AM Post #2,379 of 2,497
Last edited:
Aug 6, 2022 at 10:21 AM Post #2,381 of 2,497
I think that they use some courier service like DHL or UPS which have their own custom clearance, so can't see an option to avoid the tax :frowning2:

Aug 6, 2022 at 10:24 AM Post #2,382 of 2,497
I think that they use some courier service like DHL or UPS which have their own custom clearance, so can't see an option to avoid the tax :frowning2:
MP

I've done that several times already, one with Hifiman

Aug 7, 2022 at 7:11 AM Post #2,383 of 2,497
Oh snap!
What's wrong with them that you don't like?

Imho the best planars I have heard to date
Problem 1 has nothing to do with hifiman — I don’t like planars in general, their bass presentation just does not fit my taste.

Problem 2 is hifimans build quality. Example: the original HE1000 had gimbals that scratch their leather pads. Part is a build quality problem (the gimbals had really sharp/rough edges), part a conventional negligence: there was simply not enough room between pad and gimbal for movement without collision.

Problem 3 is the steady flow of new models. It gives me the impression that they constantly devalue their models, that they are not supported and one should just buy a new headphone soon. I don’t know: are there spare parts available for years after end of production? Are repair manuals available? I did not research that due to problem 1…

Rant over :wink:

Aug 7, 2022 at 7:18 AM Post #2,384 of 2,497
Problem 1 has nothing to do with hifiman — I don’t like planars in general, their bass presentation just does not fit my taste.

Problem 2 is hifimans build quality. Example: the original HE1000 had gimbals that scratch their leather pads. Part is a build quality problem (the gimbals had really sharp/rough edges), part a conventional negligence: there was simply not enough room between pad and gimbal for movement without collision.

Problem 3 is the steady flow of new models. It gives me the impression that they constantly devalue their models, that they are not supported and one should just buy a new headphone soon. I don’t know: are there spare parts available for years after end of production? Are repair manuals available? I did not research that due to problem 1…

R
All fair comments. I've never owned one, and don't intend to either

Aug 7, 2022 at 5:22 PM Post #2,385 of 2,497
You send an email to customer support and verify whatever you want is in-stock in the EU.

My new pair of HE6SE V2 got shipped from Poland :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back