Eversolo DMP-A6 Network Streamer/DAC
Aug 19, 2023 at 6:45 PM Post #166 of 772
Again: I2S LVDS needs connected to the internally I2S bus, which the HDMI video out isn't.
Changing pins per software is a complete different thing.
In the case of the eversolo, you'll need an extension board and a new firmware.
Anyway: The integrated hmdi out in the eversolo is the unique feature, because with it, you're able to use multichannel DSD and pcm.
Streamers with a I2S output (and also with the eversolo you can use a DDC with I2S) you can find a lot...
Can you recommend any that has WiFi input and I2S output? (Optionally a display would be cool). The point is to avoid an additional DDC.

Aug 19, 2023 at 7:54 PM Post #167 of 772
The Matrix Element S streamer fits that criteria: it has I2S output (over HDMI, configurable in software to work with various DACs), solid WiFi connectivity, and a display. The user experience is not as impressive as the Eversolo, and they are still waiting for Roon Ready certification, but it does hit all your requirements.

Aug 19, 2023 at 9:11 PM Post #168 of 772
Can you recommend any that has WiFi input and I2S output? (Optionally a display would be cool). The point is to avoid an additional DDC.
The other streamer I have is the iFi NEO Stream. It is Roon Ready, can be NAA for HAPlayer, has both wifi and lan, and has i2S output. It has a display as well. :)

Aug 23, 2023 at 8:36 AM Post #169 of 772
Just a small curiosity I noticed when ripping a CD on the DMP-A6 this morning. All went well and as before I had to manually enter the artist name even though the A6 got everything else OK like album art, tracks etc. Added to library after rip, then just decided to play the new tracks on a whim. However the A6 now plays the tracks on a much accelerated mode. Same happens with any previously ripped tracks that previously played fine. Tried a reboot I.e, power off and on again, then playback of all tracks occurs fine again. So the DMP-A6 appears to have at least in this instance implemented the ripping speed on playback of stored files rather than playing them at correct speed. Normally I rip a bunch of cds and play them back later at a different session and never noticed this. Maybe a one off will have to see if it ever happens again.

Aug 28, 2023 at 8:54 PM Post #170 of 772
I just watched a good review of both versions. If you want to know if it's worth it, if it sounds better even if you use an external DAC. You'll get some answers.

And here is the previous review of the master edition.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2023 at 1:09 PM Post #172 of 772
I wish Eversolo would make just a streamer without DAC but cheaper than A6.

Yep! I'd also take a high-end streamer with upgrades - maybe a linear PSU isolated from the rest of the circuit, better clocking, that sort of thing. They could even do a base model and an upgraded model if they wanted. I bet the market is big enough to support both.

Basically I suggest they take advantage of their excellent OS and display by getting it on a variety of devices.

Aug 29, 2023 at 2:03 PM Post #173 of 772
Yep! I'd also take a high-end streamer with upgrades - maybe a linear PSU isolated from the rest of the circuit, better clocking, that sort of thing. They could even do a base model and an upgraded model if they wanted. I bet the market is big enough to support both.

Basically I suggest they take advantage of their excellent OS and display by getting it on a variety of devices.
The Master Edition should gave better clocking.

Are there any other network players/streamers that compete with A6 and R7?

Aug 29, 2023 at 2:12 PM Post #174 of 772
The Master Edition should gave better clocking.

Are there any other network players/streamers that compete with A6 and R7?
At the $1k price point? No. Even if you eliminate the internal DAC, I'd challenge someone to find a better streamer with more features than the A6. Before the A6 you had to spend quite a bit to get a streamer with a decent display.

Aug 29, 2023 at 7:09 PM Post #175 of 772
At the $1k price point? No. Even if you eliminate the internal DAC, I'd challenge someone to find a better streamer with more features than the A6. Before the A6 you had to spend quite a bit to get a streamer with a decent display.
Is R7 not as good?

Aug 29, 2023 at 8:55 PM Post #176 of 772
Is R7 not as good?
Yes, it's good. But it is for a slightly different use. It's more for desktop HP use. But it's good as a streamer.

I don't have any wishes but if I would be allowed to ask for anything: I would want to see a proper video output. As this kind of streamer is basically a computer. And why no video streaming and just audio streaming. Also, to see your covers and progress bar or some kind of visualisation would be cool. That should be no trouble to implement. And imho a huge selling point.

Aug 30, 2023 at 1:21 PM Post #180 of 772
No wifi, no internal ssd, no usb digital output, small secreen...

I wanted to buy it, but I missed a lot of things
The mini i4 pro at $959 does have wifi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back