Eversolo DMP-A6 Network Streamer/DAC
Jun 3, 2024 at 4:02 PM Post #781 of 794
Thinking of buying the A6 tomorrow to replace my Wiim. Since I upgraded the rest of the chain, this is the last piece missing.

It will be feeding my EF600 and my RME ADI 2 DAC. Should I use USB for the RME and coaxial for the EF or the other way around? I know the RME’s clock is really good but I don’t know how the EF600’s compares with the A6’s.

Jun 3, 2024 at 4:27 PM Post #782 of 794
Thinking of buying the A6 tomorrow to replace my Wiim. Since I upgraded the rest of the chain, this is the last piece missing.

It will be feeding my EF600 and my RME ADI 2 DAC. Should I use USB for the RME and coaxial for the EF or the other way around? I know the RME’s clock is really good but I don’t know how the EF600’s compares with the A6’s.
Depends what you are trying to achieve, when you use usb, the dac’s clock is used, if you use coax/spdif the streamers clocks are used for the signal.

In case of a6 master or a8, the clocks are very good

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2024 at 4:37 PM Post #783 of 794

You could try USB from the A6 to your RME ADI 2 and then use the line out (either balanced or unbalanced) from your RME ADI 2 to connect to your EF600. That is another option for you.

Jun 3, 2024 at 6:48 PM Post #784 of 794
Depends what you are trying to achieve, when you use usb, the dac’s clock is used, if you use coax/spdif the streamers clocks are used for the signal.

In case of a6 master or a8, the clocks are very good

Yeah I wish I could go for the A6 master but I’m on a tight budget so it has be the A6. I guess I’ll compare both options and see what works best. When I’m streaming from iOS devices to the EF600 via USB-C everything sounds great with no audible jitter so I know the EF600’s clock is at least decent.

You could try USB from the A6 to your RME ADI 2 and then use the line out (either balanced or unbalanced) from your RME ADI 2 to connect to your EF600. That is another option for you.

Yeah I thought about that but I would be bypassing the R2R DAC in the EF600 which has great synergy with my Arya Organic and I wanna keep that !

One more question! How is the PEQ in the A6? I mean, does it give you complete freedom over frequencies and types of filters like desktop PEQ? My RME has 5 bands (with two extra in the bass and treble knobs) but I can’t use certain profiles that require, for example, two high pass filters at varying frequencies cause when I try, some bands don’t cover the entire spectrum. I hope that makes sense 😂

Jun 4, 2024 at 1:14 AM Post #785 of 794
Yeah I wish I could go for the A6 master but I’m on a tight budget so it has be the A6. I guess I’ll compare both options and see what works best. When I’m streaming from iOS devices to the EF600 via USB-C everything sounds great with no audible jitter so I know the EF600’s clock is at least decent.

Yeah I thought about that but I would be bypassing the R2R DAC in the EF600 which has great synergy with my Arya Organic and I wanna keep that !

One more question! How is the PEQ in the A6? I mean, does it give you complete freedom over frequencies and types of filters like desktop PEQ? My RME has 5 bands (with two extra in the bass and treble knobs) but I can’t use certain profiles that require, for example, two high pass filters at varying frequencies cause when I try, some bands don’t cover the entire spectrum. I hope that makes sense 😂
The Peq on the a6 gives you full freedom.

The a6 master and A8 are more expensive, that doesn’t mean the a6 is bad, the a6 is a bargain for the money! It is a very good streamer.

Jun 5, 2024 at 5:02 AM Post #787 of 794
Well I finally got this yesterday and the reviews weren’t lying, it’s an amazing product. It solves so many of my problems with my system and is a joy to use. I do wish I could eq all sources but I understand that’s not easy to implement.

Haven’t tried the internal dac yet but I’ve set the peq profiles for all my pairs and I'm currently streaming hi-res Apple Music to my RME and the EF600 while having the lyrics on screen..awesome!

Jun 5, 2024 at 6:58 AM Post #788 of 794
Quick newbie question! I used SMB to transfer a few WAV albums I bought off bandcamp from my Mac to the internal storage, they show up fine under "albums" but "artists" doesn't show anything. Any way I can add that data ?

Jun 5, 2024 at 2:33 PM Post #789 of 794
Just updating to v1.2.98
Nice long list of corrections.
Standing out is separate EQ for left and right channels.

Jun 6, 2024 at 4:15 AM Post #790 of 794
From where is the best place to buy the LHY A6 LPS, To ship to Europe. Most inexpensive way?

Will i get alot of custom fees ordering from LHY'S official website? I think they ship from Singapore or China

Or Is Audiophonics from france better for me?

Anyone in Europe and EU have experience with this?

Jun 6, 2024 at 4:53 AM Post #791 of 794
Well i did not have the patience and ordered from LHY'S site. Its says free world wide shipping.

I hope it is a worthwhile uppgrade i am mostly using it as a streamer feeding my Hugo2 Dac.

Jun 6, 2024 at 6:31 AM Post #792 of 794
From where is the best place to buy the LHY A6 LPS, To ship to Europe. Most inexpensive way?

Will i get alot of custom fees ordering from LHY'S official website? I think they ship from Singapore or China

Or Is Audiophonics from france better for me?

Anyone in Europe and EU have experience with this?
Audiophonics is a decent shop, at least not crap like custom fees issues

Jun 6, 2024 at 7:33 AM Post #793 of 794
For CD ripping will any external USB drive work ok? Should I go for USB 3.1 vs USB 2?

Edit: Will it work with internal storage until I upgrade to an SSD?

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2024 at 11:34 AM Post #794 of 794
For CD ripping will any external USB drive work ok? Should I go for USB 3.1 vs USB 2?

Edit: Will it work with internal storage until I upgrade to an SSD?
For CD ripping, USB 2 is fine. Perhaps more important is the current draw of the device. The A6 OTG port has limited current capacity, some people have said 0.8 A is the max. So if in doubt, connect your CD drive via a powered USB3 hub, this will power all your devices independent of the A6 and of course give you more ports. Yes it should be OK to rip to the internal storage, but that should really be reserved for the system, don't take up too much space with your stored rips. I use an NVME SSD fitted into the A6 and works great for ripping and playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back