Eversolo DMP-A6 Network Streamer/DAC
Dec 24, 2023 at 10:10 AM Post #482 of 780
Dec 24, 2023 at 3:03 PM Post #483 of 780
After my latest roundup I noticed the following.

maybe someone can shed a light on this. I compared the eversolo (standard) A6 and the A8, and everything through digital sounded better through the A8 digital out.

Could that be the updated build psu?
Giving less noise because of the lps?

I used a usb connected mscaler+tt2 to have a perfect dac output. But I tested 3 times switching, even my wife noticed it. On the a6 it sounded thinner? Which should not happen should it?

Dec 24, 2023 at 3:37 PM Post #484 of 780
It is the dual hybrid power supply: The A8 smartly combines a switching mode power supply with a linear and regulated transformer in the same chassis, reaping the advantages of both—low ripple and noise, fast transient response, and high efficiency. The switching mode power supply juices up the digital section, while the analog circuitry gets its power from the linear and regulated toroidal transformer. A substantial chunk of internal space is devoted to this power supply, which is a critical factor for top-tier performance.
The audio section is pretty buffed with better clocks and better dac chips: two flagship-grade AKM 4499EX DAC chips teaming up with AK4191EQ delta-sigma modulators + Accusilicon AS318-B femtosecond clocks!!! That's supreme!!! And the R2R volume control is far more precise in equaling perfectly the two channels.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2023 at 4:10 PM Post #485 of 780
The superior clocks on the A8 should positively impact all the digital outs with less jitter than the standard A6. Maybe there's an improvement to the switching power supply, but I believe the A8's linear power supply only feeds the analog circuit, so it shouldn't improve the digital out necessarily, though the A8's digital power supply has to do less heavy lifting than the A6.

Dec 24, 2023 at 4:16 PM Post #486 of 780
The superior clocks on the A8 should positively impact all the digital outs with less jitter than the standard A6. Maybe there's an improvement to the switching power supply, but I believe the A8's linear power supply only feeds the analog circuit, so it shouldn't improve the digital out necessarily, though the A8's digital power supply has to do less heavy lifting than the A6.
Yes because the difference was very noticable. Not even a hard try to hear the difference (I really did not expect that)

Dec 24, 2023 at 6:37 PM Post #487 of 780
So that would suggest the A6 master has the same quality digital out as the a8. The only one I don’t have at hand to test now at home. Only the a6 and a8

Dec 25, 2023 at 2:47 AM Post #488 of 780
So that would suggest the A6 master has the same quality digital out as the a8. The only one I don’t have at hand to test now at home. Only the a6 and a8
On streamers I’ve always experienced a massive improvement when fed via LPS, though.

Dec 25, 2023 at 7:54 AM Post #489 of 780
Hi, I am interested in the Eversolo, as it's a unique product. A digital music player with a screen, that has digital output, and at a reasonable price. I'd be using it as a file source connected to a DAC.

Please can someone advise me on the following:
  1. Does anyone know for sure if the digital audio out of the DMP A6 is bit-perfect? Or if the Eversolo puts its music imprint on the sound before it leaves the unit, like EQ etc. I guess there would be a flat EQ setting though. Am looking for a bit-perfect player.
  2. When using a phone as a remote control, do you need a router? .... I use my internet access via ethernet cables, and rarely turn on the wifi. An idea I had would be to use a second router that is not connected to the internet. Then use that to talk between the Eversolo and the phone. However, I have no idea if that would work. Can anyone tell if it would?
  3. While I know the DMP 06 can play music from a flash drive via the USB host port. Can you transfer files to an installed NvME, from a thumb drive on a USB port on the DMP 06? [I read the manual about transferring files, and it talks about hooking the DMP 06 up to a computer. That would be awkward if the player is in another room to the computer.

Dec 26, 2023 at 3:16 AM Post #491 of 780
Hi, I am interested in the Eversolo, as it's a unique product. A digital music player with a screen, that has digital output, and at a reasonable price. I'd be using it as a file source connected to a DAC.

Please can someone advise me on the following:
  1. Does anyone know for sure if the digital audio out of the DMP A6 is bit-perfect? Or if the Eversolo puts its music imprint on the sound before it leaves the unit, like EQ etc. I guess there would be a flat EQ setting though. Am looking for a bit-perfect player.
  2. When using a phone as a remote control, do you need a router? .... I use my internet access via ethernet cables, and rarely turn on the wifi. An idea I had would be to use a second router that is not connected to the internet. Then use that to talk between the Eversolo and the phone. However, I have no idea if that would work. Can anyone tell if it would?
  3. While I know the DMP 06 can play music from a flash drive via the USB host port. Can you transfer files to an installed NvME, from a thumb drive on a USB port on the DMP 06? [I read the manual about transferring files, and it talks about hooking the DMP 06 up to a computer. That would be awkward if the player is in another room to the computer.
1: neutral, you can enable or disable eq. I do have to say the digital out of the A8 sounded the best to me.

2. You need wifi to control it, otherwise use the remote (a6 seperate buy, a8 included)

3 no idea actually? I know you can from the network.

Dec 26, 2023 at 3:26 AM Post #492 of 780
1: neutral, you can enable or disable eq. I do have to say the digital out of the A8 sounded the best to me.

2. You need wifi to control it, otherwise use the remote (a6 seperate buy, a8 included)

3 no idea actually? I know you can from the network.
As to 3 you certainly can move files around using the inbuilt Files system to move between a thumb drive and the NVME SSD if you have installed it. You can also connect to a PC via the USB top port if you want. The Files method is easy but if you have a lot of files and folders to organise, it could be quicker to go the PC route.

Dec 26, 2023 at 3:29 AM Post #493 of 780
Dec 26, 2023 at 3:45 AM Post #494 of 780

I wish I had the oppurtunity to compare the A8 and a6 master at home digitally. I borrowed the a6 and a8 master, assuming they sound digital the same, which they don’t.

I actually hope that the master a6 and a8 sound digitally the same. Than a6 master is the better choice price wise as a streamer alone

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2023 at 3:58 AM Post #495 of 780
I didn't receive the new firmware. Why ? :thinking:
Because it hasn't been rolled out yet via Wi-Fi auto update. If you scroll back in the thread, there was a link shared where you can download the new fw and update via USB. (Head-Fi doesn't let me share the link for some reason. It is on page 31.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back