External sound card (soundblaster) or usb dac
Jun 2, 2014 at 1:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

shak85

100+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone

I was wondering , what is the difference between external soundcard and external dac. I'm thinking of getting sound blaster play! 2 or ele-dac . Just wondering which one will have the best sq and less interference .

Thanks a lot everyone

Jun 2, 2014 at 7:29 PM Post #2 of 2
  Hello everyone
I was wondering , what is the difference between external sound card and external DAC. I'm thinking of getting sound blaster play! 2 or ele-dac . Just wondering which one will have the best sq and less interference .
Thanks a lot everyone

If all you care about is stereo audio (no surround sound) then the Sound blaster Play and an ELE EL-D02 ($18, DAC/Amp) should be roughly equal.
The ELE-D01 USB DAC is a very basic low costing ($12) USB DAC that can decently drive 32-Ohm headphones, but it's 2704 16-bit/44K DAC chip provides good sound quality, for it's price.
I ordered my ELE-D02 USB DAC/amps in pairs, as they are not the most reliable quality and can stop functioning after a short use.
But they are so cheap it worth it to buy two so as to have a spare.
Right now I'm using a ELE EL-D02 to drive my Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro 250-Ohm headphones, volume needs to be set to around 75%-80% for normal listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back