Fabio Uses Grados
Jan 9, 2007 at 7:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 107

JLai

1000+ Head-Fier
February issue of Stuff, page 54...

Fabio is talking about his $2,000,000 audio/video setup and it has a picture of him holding what seems to be some Grados.
biggrin.gif
Its really hard to tell what kind they are, as he has his hand over the earpiece. I'll try to get a picture of it in a sec...

Jan 9, 2007 at 7:48 PM Post #2 of 107
Glad to hear that our man Fabio is still at it. He loves Krell stuff, and he sets up most of his rigs himself I believe, so I wouldn't be surprised if he did his own homework on his cans as well. I wonder what model Grado...

Oh and he's a DIY guy too!
fabio4.jpg

fabio2.jpg

Jan 9, 2007 at 7:52 PM Post #5 of 107
That is definitely 100 percent a Grado HP1000.

Jan 9, 2007 at 7:53 PM Post #6 of 107
i now have Fabio's crotch indelibly etched into my mind's eye.

it burns! it burns!
blink.gif

Jan 9, 2007 at 7:54 PM Post #7 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He loves Krell stuff

Yeah...he mentions it several times in the article and how they use an aluminum housing rather than wood to reduce distortion. I can't believe some of the prices for that stuff.
eek.gif

Jan 9, 2007 at 8:00 PM Post #9 of 107
Ahhhhh Fabio - Much as he's an easy target for ridicule (C'mon, he's THE Harlequin Romance uber-hunk) I've always had a soft spot for him, simply because he seems so damn simple and genuine. I would love to see his home rig!

Jan 9, 2007 at 8:02 PM Post #10 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ahhhhh Fabio - Much as he's an easy target for ridicule (C'mon, he's THE Harlequin Romance uber-hunk) I've always had a soft spot for him, simply because he seems so damn simple and genuine. I would love to see his home rig!

I can't dissociate him from the "I can't believe its not butter" commercial. The bird flying into his nose was funny too.
biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2007 at 8:03 PM Post #11 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by JLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah...he mentions it several times in the article and how they use an aluminum housing rather than wood to reduce distortion. I can't believe some of the prices for that stuff.
eek.gif

hmm i wonder if that's why he went for the HP1000, which is basically the anti-woody. interesting, never thought about that in terms of a personal preference!

Jan 9, 2007 at 8:08 PM Post #12 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by JLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't dissociate him from the "I can't believe its not butter" commercial. The bird flying into his nose was funny too.
biggrin.gif

Oh my god, I managed to forget about those ads. And the bird... can you imagine?

"My faaaaace! My beautiful faaaaaace! I need that to live!"

Jan 9, 2007 at 8:09 PM Post #13 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by SptsNaz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Definitely look like HP1000's to me

x2,

Jan 9, 2007 at 8:18 PM Post #14 of 107
Best thread title ever!

And...
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i now have Fabio's crotch indelibly etched into my mind's eye.

it burns! it burns!
blink.gif

ditto on that.

Also that 80's stone washed jeans and white vest combo will linger for awhile... in my mind's eye. (I love Small Faces too.)

Jan 9, 2007 at 8:19 PM Post #15 of 107

Users who are viewing this thread

Back