Faulty DBA-02? Heeelp!
Jul 5, 2011 at 1:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Jonasklam

500+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

So i put my DBA-02 for sale since i do not use portables as much as I used to.

Today I tested out the DBA-02, and apparently the right earphone have stopped working.
Well, it does produce sound, but it is very low and distorted.

It's kinda funny, (well, actually it is not), but my DBA-02 worked perfectly last time i used them, which was about 2 weeks ago.
I have not used them since, and they have not been exposed to anything that would be considered harmful for an IEM.

I don't get it, how can it just stop working properly?
I would make sence, if it was after using them while running or something like that. But i haven't done that. They have just been on my shelf at home.

Anybody here who knows what might have happend? Can i fix this somehow?

Look forward to your replies! :D

Jul 5, 2011 at 1:50 PM Post #2 of 3
Ouch...  If you can get it replaced (good luck with that by the way), do that.  A possible cause of failure could be that it heated up while they were stored away.  Heat can melt contacts or glue that keeps them together, but this is still unlikely unless you had them in a not-so-well ventilated place in hot weather with no AC.  It could be that when you took them out, you might have damaged a cable or something (bad build quality here would be the blame; maybe you got a lemon?). 

We can't be sure of what happened, but contact the person you bought it from, and best of luck to you.

Jul 5, 2011 at 2:12 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
Ouch...  If you can get it replaced (good luck with that by the way), do that.  A possible cause of failure could be that it heated up while they were stored away.  Heat can melt contacts or glue that keeps them together, but this is still unlikely unless you had them in a not-so-well ventilated place in hot weather with no AC.  It could be that when you took them out, you might have damaged a cable or something (bad build quality here would be the blame; maybe you got a lemon?). 

We can't be sure of what happened, but contact the person you bought it from, and best of luck to you.

It might have been then heat! It have become extremely hot where i live lately, and my apartment isn't very well ventilated. Quite annoying if that killed my DBA02. It is not from me damaging the cable, that is almost for sure. I handle my IEMs very carefully and don't store them in cases so that the cables get pressured. 

It is not possible to fix stuff like this yourself? Or have it made into a custom IEM and make them fix it in the process? :p

damn, a little heat, is that really enough to malfunction an IEM?

anyway, thanks for your reply mate :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back