FEARLESS Audio IEM's Discussion/Impressions
Feb 7, 2021 at 5:18 AM Post #5,146 of 5,204
Yes I did an A/B testing of the two, for my taste I prefer the s8p. Try matching the s8p with the 8-core “graphite” cable, really mellows out the hars-ness and making the tone more “full body”.
For DM8, I have not tried it yet but from reviews and from recommendation, it is too bland for my taste. Blander than Moondrop Blessing 2 I supposed.

which cable are you referring to with 8 core graphite cable? Do you find that the S8P has harshness?

Feb 7, 2021 at 5:49 AM Post #5,147 of 5,204
which cable are you referring to with 8 core graphite cable? Do you find that the S8P has harshness?
The cable from hck brand. The harshness I mentioned is from the uppermids and not the treble.

Feb 7, 2021 at 6:08 AM Post #5,149 of 5,204
Could you please put me a link of the graphite cable from hck? Thank you.. :wink:
here you go
814FEA11-3D2E-4ADE-8262-23F2D8B587B8.png

Feb 14, 2021 at 9:46 PM Post #5,151 of 5,204
Looking to sell my Fearless Lancelot, or trade for a Fearless S8P. If anyone is interested, send me a PM. I'll ship at my cost within North America; anything outside will be at buyer's cost.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #5,153 of 5,204
A very pleasant surprise is how much I like the sound of the Lancelot. It is easily one of the best IEMs I’ve heard, for my personal preferences. Amazingly, I actually prefer the sound of vocals on the Lancelot a little more than on the Penon Volt, which was my previous favorite. It’s a shame that it’s so expensive. Now I’m really curious how the Dawn sounds.

Mar 17, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #5,154 of 5,204
A very pleasant surprise is how much I like the sound of the Lancelot. It is easily one of the best IEMs I’ve heard, for my personal preferences. Amazingly, I actually prefer the sound of vocals on the Lancelot a little more than on the Penon Volt, which was my previous favorite. It’s a shame that it’s so expensive. Now I’m really curious how the Dawn sounds.
It is more interesting than Rowland and better than la Hire because of 6BA and has Spark similar design (7BA+4EST)
Could you please compare Lancelot with Volt?

Mar 17, 2021 at 3:13 PM Post #5,155 of 5,204
Expensive? You can probably get a like new used pair for more than 60% off. Bought my fearless Roland for $1009 and can't even sell it for$400. Worse chi fi loss ever!

Mar 17, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #5,156 of 5,204
Expensive? You can probably get a like new used pair for more than 60% off. Bought my fearless Roland for $1009 and can't even sell it for$400. Worse chi fi loss ever!
Exactly my point. Those 3 Fearless IEMs are ridiculously overpriced now. They got away with it when the EST drivers were brand new, and there was no competition yet, but now, the pricing makes no sense in general. By expensive, I mean MSRP, not what they cost used.

Mar 17, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #5,157 of 5,204
Exactly my point. Those 3 Fearless IEMs are ridiculously overpriced now. They got away with it when the EST drivers were brand new, and there was no competition yet, but now, the pricing makes no sense in general. By expensive, I mean MSRP, not what they cost used.
👍

Mar 17, 2021 at 3:29 PM Post #5,158 of 5,204
I agree I am curious to try the dawn also. I think it will sound amazing. I really like my fearless Roland but the treble is non existence. Overall I like their sound.

Mar 17, 2021 at 3:33 PM Post #5,159 of 5,204
but the treble is non existence
That is a shame, because those drivers are capable of having more extended treble, even if at a lower level. I imagine it can be good for listening when you’re tired though. I know I’m a lot more sensitive to bright sounds when I’m tired.

Mar 17, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #5,160 of 5,204
That is a shame, because those drivers are capable of having more extended treble, even if at a lower level. I imagine it can be good for listening when you’re tired though. I know I’m a lot more sensitive to bright sounds when I’m tired.
Like I said it's all preference. A lack of treble for me might be perfect for someone else. I did enjoy the Roland for the year I had it. But, I would enjoy it more if the msrp was half of what they should be. It's still sound amazing if you don't mind EQ a little . Like you said the msrp is way overpriced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back