Feature A New Chip! FiiO Portable HiFi Music Player M11 Plus Is Officially Released!
Jan 18, 2022 at 1:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 79

FiiO

Sponsor: FiiO

5355976.jpg

We are never satisfied with the current situation. This time, we came back with the new M11 Plus.

To acquire further performance improvements, the M11 Plus is equipped with two high-performance ES9068AS. The specially tuned audio data achieve better sound performance.

Not only does it support decoding MQA tracks in 8x mode, but it also supports MQA Renderer in USB DAC mode, allowing for rich, master-quality sound reproduction.

The new-gen interactive intelligent volume system is warmly welcomed among audiophiles. This time, we replaced the all-in-one volume button + touch panel with carbon fiber material, which is more smooth when operating and echoes harmoniously with the honeycomb design.

The previous M11 Plus LTD has been highly praised by professional media and audiophiles at home and abroad. The all-new version will surely bring more attractive sounds for you.
5355959.jpg

*The M11 Plus is available on our AliExpress Official Store. Click the link below to take it home right away.

Best regards,
Guangzhou FiiO Electronics Technology Co., Ltd.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 18, 2022 at 1:25 PM Post #3 of 79
The m11 plus ltd was really fantastic, what's the upgrade on this model? Or is it a "sideupgrade" since there's no more 4497?

Jan 18, 2022 at 2:01 PM Post #5 of 79
The m11 plus ltd was really fantastic, what's the upgrade on this model? Or is it a "sideupgrade" since there's no more 4497?
Its just the ES chipped version. Looks like they had to go with another opamp to match the new DAC. And a revision on the volume slider. I am really impressed with my new M11+LTD. It will be interesting to see what the hearing comparisons are on each of these flavors.

Jan 18, 2022 at 3:02 PM Post #6 of 79
Its just the ES chipped version. Looks like they had to go with another opamp to match the new DAC. And a revision on the volume slider. I am really impressed with my new M11+LTD. It will be interesting to see what the hearing comparisons are on each of these flavors.
How does it compare in sound to the original m11?

Jan 18, 2022 at 3:16 PM Post #8 of 79
So I ordered the M11 Plus LTD on January 2nd. I've been curious why the unit has been delayed in shipping. Perhaps they ran out of those and I'm wondering if the existing orders will be transferred to this unit? I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to get my unit -- one or the other. My Meze Rai Pentas are showing up on Friday and I'm afraid I wont have anything to plug into them for a while!

Jan 18, 2022 at 3:45 PM Post #9 of 79
How does it compare in sound to the original m11?
I cannot say. I moved up from a X7mkII. For my portable rig, I prefer using IEM's and don't need a high powered DAP to drive headphones. So I passed on the X15 and X17. HP's I leave to my desktop system. As I thought, the LTD is perfect for my needs in regards to having a quality DAC, a sufficient amp section, and a good processor. It obviously blows the X7 away. The sound quality and detail gets my portable rig up closer to my desk rig. What I want to do now is see about what the ES sounds like. Since the LTD was limited availability, I grabbed one. If the book store rolls out the M11+ ES, I may grab one to try and determine my preference. This platform will meet my needs for quite sometime.

Jan 18, 2022 at 6:15 PM Post #11 of 79
Looks promising! 3 questions:
  1. Does the M11 Plus / ES9068 DAC support 44.1k and 48k based rates or just 44.1k?
  2. Does M11 Plus run very warm in USB DAC mode as so many small DAC's do?
  3. Does M11Plus have WiFi to allow over the air loading of files from PC?

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2022 at 7:33 PM Post #12 of 79
  1. Does the M11 Plus / ES9068 DAC support 44.1k and 48k based rates or just 44.1k?
I will take a punt (please, anyone, contribute ‘more’ and ‘better answers’...)

1) 44.1 and 48k? yes; the dual femtosecond clock setup is here. (what Sabre DAC chips do with the feed upon entering the DAC chip, is different, yes; is this what the question is trying to get at(?)- the differences between the DAC chips, or the differences (potentially) between the two versions of the M11+ DAP?

2) Using the nice ‘official’ cover (the one with the vents), ‘on the fly DSD conversion’, and ‘charging’ are the warmest that the unit gives (on the older M11+LTD). Using the device as a DAC didn’t go HOT/hotter than the warmest the unit got from ‘other’ everyday uses...

3) most talk about using third party apps for just such features (yes) - whether the FiiO has this function out of the box, using default software, I do not know

Jan 18, 2022 at 9:48 PM Post #13 of 79
I will take a punt (please, anyone, contribute ‘more’ and ‘better answers’...)

1) 44.1 and 48k? yes; the dual femtosecond clock setup is here. (what Sabre DAC chips do with the feed upon entering the DAC chip, is different, yes; is this what the question is trying to get at(?)- the differences between the DAC chips, or the differences (potentially) between the two versions of the M11+ DAP?

2) Using the nice ‘official’ cover (the one with the vents), ‘on the fly DSD conversion’, and ‘charging’ are the warmest that the unit gives (on the older M11+LTD). Using the device as a DAC didn’t go HOT/hotter than the warmest the unit got from ‘other’ everyday uses...

3) most talk about using third party apps for just such features (yes) - whether the FiiO has this function out of the box, using default software, I do not know
Appreciate you, @whitedragem, those sound like highly educated answers even if not yet confirmed by FiiO. On (3) perhaps I missed it but didn't see WIFI listed in feature set.

Now for a DAP-newbie question (ughhh, I know): I use FiiO BTR-5 often as USB DAC that also allows me to make / receive Bluetooth calls at the same time it is USB connected, incredibly useful for working, listening to music w/o missing a call.. FiiO ASIO driver is thus installed on my PC. Can I alternate between the two units as USB DAC with the FiiO driver recognizing which is connected USB, or is this use case likely to produce a conflict, need for 2 instances of the driver or other unintended consequence?

Thanks! I am excited for this product, looking forward to some reviews!

Jan 19, 2022 at 1:54 AM Post #14 of 79
Dear friend,

1. What do you want to know about the M11Plus? The sampling rate?
2. The M11 Plus will run warm when charging and playing high sampling rate music files.
3.Yes, the FiiO Music app also has the Wifi transfer function.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 19, 2022 at 1:58 AM Post #15 of 79
Dear friend,

1. What do you want to know about the M11Plus? The sampling rate?
2. The M11 Plus will run warm when charging and playing high sampling rate music files.
3.Yes, the FiiO Music app also has the Wifi transfer function.

Best regards
Yes, I am asking about sampling rate capabilities. I use desktop playback software that has several digital filter options requiring "integer", i.e - DAC needs to be able to natively accept both 44.1k and 48k sample rates. Is that the case for the new M11 Plus with 9068 chip?
Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back