Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read first post for summary)
Dec 14, 2016 at 5:41 AM Post #4,051 of 11,833
Beautiful video, we used to see the Norther Lights in Michigan when I was young, light polution has ruined that, we are lucky if we see a couple of dozen stars now. Thanks for sharing.

Dec 14, 2016 at 8:09 AM Post #4,053 of 11,833
Since @pctazhp wants to be annoying, I will offer not one but both sides of the story, good and bad,

Dec 14, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #4,055 of 11,833
Here we go with debauchery again, where can I find some, checked the newspapers online and did not see it advertised.  Even Amazon did not have any!  Is this an NOS thing, may be I should check Ebay too. Both I hope I find some soon, don't want to miss out on it, you all seem to rate it highly!  Great song by the way.

Dec 14, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #4,056 of 11,833
  Here we go with debauchery again, where can I find some, checked the newspapers online and did not see it advertised.  Even Amazon did not have any!  Is this an NOS thing, may be I should check Ebay too. Both I hope I find some soon, don't want to miss out on it, you all seem to rate it highly!  Great song by the way.

Its found in the old friends who like to hang out after they finish work section and a girlfriend who is okay with me having female friends over.
another tune you might like:

Dec 14, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #4,059 of 11,833
  It is clear to me that passive cooling is better, but there seems to be some constraints on using the same chassis as before (although the new version of Elise looks larger). So my suggestion of incorporating a fan is a Plan B, given the circumstances.

As said before, there have been some heat issues with the Elise.

I hear you mordy...even though it would appear Henryk has nailed any heat issue with the new amp, I would certainly advise anyone with an Elise in high ambient temp. conditions, or using tubes that have it running extra hot to employ whatever cooling measures are viable/acceptable lol!
biggrin.gif
...just in case! Heat is indeed the arch enemy of electronic circuits...better safe than sorry...
wink_face.gif

And on the topic(?!!) of the NEW AMP (
wink.gif
)...it looks as though a bit more pain might just return alas - my shipping notification was in fact the booked date, not actual shipping....aaaarrrrgh!!  And so I just might not receive my overdue baby 'til next week...as Donkey in Shrek would say : I NEED A HUG 
redface.gif

For my fellow (or would-possibly-be) UK Elise owners , my good friend @Acapella11 has almost convinced me to attend our local head-fi.org meet at Milton Keynes in April. Also, given my imminent arrival, I suppose I owe it to Feliks-Audio to make a special effort...interested, @HOWIE13?... Now then, @tjw321, given how I led you into temptation last time, are you brave enough to come along as well - especially as I might... just possibly might... also have some Focal Utopias for company?!!
tongue_smile.gif
rolleyes.gif
. Think REAL hard on this one lol!!...(but I would dearly love to meet up with you again also, mon ami...).

Now I need to go drown my (temporary!) sorrows with another glass of rather nice Colombard/Chardonnay...although I do really prefer an even nicer Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot blend LOL!!...CHEERS (Hic)!!!...CJ

Dec 14, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #4,062 of 11,833

I hear you mordy...even though it would appear Henryk has nailed any heat issue with the new amp, I would certainly advise anyone with an Elise in high ambient temp. conditions, or using tubes that have it running extra hot to employ whatever cooling measures are viable/acceptable lol!
biggrin.gif
...just in case! Heat is indeed the arch enemy of electronic circuits...better safe than sorry...
wink_face.gif

wink.gif
)...it looks as though a bit more pain might just return alas - my shipping notification was in fact the booked date, not actual shipping....aaaarrrrgh!!  And so I just might not receive my overdue baby 'til next week...as Donkey in Shrek would say : I NEED A HUG 
redface.gif

For my fellow (or would-possibly-be) UK Elise owners , my good friend @Acapella11 has almost convinced me to attend our local head-fi.org meet at Milton Keynes in April. Also, given my imminent arrival, I suppose I owe it to Feliks-Audio to make a special effort...interested, @HOWIE13?... Now then, @tjw321, given how I led you into temptation last time, are you brave enough to come along as well - especially as I might... just possibly might... also have some Focal Utopias for company?!!
tongue_smile.gif
rolleyes.gif
. Think REAL hard on this one lol!!...(but I would dearly love to meet up with you again also, mon ami...).

Now I need to go drown my (temporary!) sorrows with another glass of rather nice Colombard/Chardonnay...although I do really prefer an even nicer Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot blend LOL!!...CHEERS (Hic)!!!...CJ

I'm planning on making the trip, but if I do, keep those Utopias away from my ears. I've only just got the T1s 
smily_headphones1.gif
. I'd love to hear the Elise+ though.

Dec 14, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #4,063 of 11,833
  I'm planning on making the trip, but if I do, keep those Utopias away from my ears. I've only just got the T1s 
smily_headphones1.gif
. I'd love to hear the Elise+ though.

Hi tjw...looks like I'll be doing my utmost to be able to make it to MK after all lol!...SEE YOU THERE!!
biggrin.gif

As for the Utopias...have just read a review vs LCD4 and it  looks like I've a LOT more research to do!! But different gear, different ears - as always!  Whatever, I will definitely cart the new amp over to the Dealers, even if just for curiosity's sake LOL
wink_face.gif
...(but boy, are they gonna have to kick T1's a**!!). CHEERS!...

Dec 14, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #4,064 of 11,833

biggrin.gif
wink_face.gif

wink.gif
redface.gif

tongue_smile.gif
rolleyes.gif

Yes, I hope to come. Only catch is there is a family wedding around then so I hope there won't be a clash of dates. . 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back