Feliks Audio ENVY
Apr 19, 2024 at 6:55 PM Post #6,511 of 6,801
again FWIIW initially I had a transformer hum that never interfered with my listening through my headphones but was annoying..I changed my 6sn7 tubes and the hum pretty much disappeared as far as an issue to me...tubes are a lot of work lol...but worth it when you get it right

Apr 19, 2024 at 8:19 PM Post #6,512 of 6,801
again FWIIW initially I had a transformer hum that never interfered with my listening through my headphones but was annoying..I changed my 6sn7 tubes and the hum pretty much disappeared as far as an issue to me...tubes are a lot of work lol...but worth it when you get it right
Thanks. I've changed tubes because I have 6 pair of driver tubes. The slight hum remains. I don't really have an issue with it because it's so slight. I only considered sending it in after the tech at Upscale Audio told me that I should. I may just continue to live with it because it wasn't a problem.

Apr 19, 2024 at 8:25 PM Post #6,513 of 6,801
the process is such a pain in the ass to send such a big heavy amp in and wait to get it back but if you do let us know how it ends up

Apr 19, 2024 at 8:38 PM Post #6,514 of 6,801
I will let you all know. After some of the problems I ran into today trying to get the package insured for the full value as instructed by Upscale Audio, it might not be worth the hassle. Most carriers will not ensure for the full product value and my own insurance company won't cover the item when it's in the possession of a third party carrier. I'm still exploring shipping options at this point.

Apr 19, 2024 at 8:42 PM Post #6,515 of 6,801
I will let you all know. After some of the problems I ran into today trying to get the package insured for the full value as instructed by Upscale Audio, it might not be worth the hassle. Most carriers will not ensure for the full product value and my own insurance company won't cover the item when it's in the possession of a third party carrier. I'm still exploring shipping options at this point.
that's odd, I've never had an issue with UPS for insuring items that have exceeded $10,000. Is the amount you're insuring for greater than that?

Apr 19, 2024 at 8:51 PM Post #6,516 of 6,801
that's odd, I've never had an issue with UPS for insuring items that have exceeded $10,000. Is the amount you're insuring for greater than that?
I just contacted UPS for the third time and this representative knew what they were doing. It looks like they will insure the Envy for the full amount. FEDEX would not insure for greater than $1,000 from an individual. I wanted to use FEDEX because Upscale Audio recommended them slightly over UPS. I should be good to go with UPS in the morning.

Thanks.

Apr 19, 2024 at 9:16 PM Post #6,517 of 6,801
good luck,lots of work so i hope it is worth the hassle..insuring expensive items is expensive

Apr 19, 2024 at 9:43 PM Post #6,518 of 6,801
I just contacted UPS for the third time and this representative knew what they were doing. It looks like they will insure the Envy for the full amount. FEDEX would not insure for greater than $1,000 from an individual. I wanted to use FEDEX because Upscale Audio recommended them slightly over UPS. I should be good to go with UPS in the morning.

Thanks.
One thing I've been told by UPS is that they won't honor insurance unless UPS packs it themselves by going to a UPS store, which of course ads a lot of expense because you don't get the lower rates from Shipstation and other such companies online.

Apr 19, 2024 at 10:27 PM Post #6,519 of 6,801
One thing I've been told by UPS is that they won't honor insurance unless UPS packs it themselves by going to a UPS store, which of course ads a lot of expense because you don't get the lower rates from Shipstation and other such companies online.
That's what I am afraid of. When I go tomorrow if I don't like the quote I'm not going to worry about it.

Apr 19, 2024 at 10:31 PM Post #6,520 of 6,801
With UPS over a 1000$ approximately UPS stores for drop off don't count (unless they pack it maybe - i think that is accurate) and you need to drop it off at an official UPS waypoint (not a "ups store") - which in a bigger city is maybe just a few locations - and they give you a receipt with the employees signature that accepts the package and you have to declare for the employee what is in it. I believe you can insure big numbers this way. I've done this a couple times - just annoying getting to the correct place. (edit: I've been able to purchase labels through paypal for reduced rates and remain eligible for the higher tier insurance, just have to take it to a true UPS waypoint and get the receipt with the employee signature)

Also, you need to print out a "high value report form" and bring with you, which may be printed with the label you purchase - I think it was with PayPal, though not sure - you can find instructions online for this

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2024 at 2:58 AM Post #6,521 of 6,801
Have you checked with DHL? They're usually pretty good for covering high value items...

Off topic, found out yesterday Thomas is taking orders for TM until the end of April. I'm sure those looking to get a pair will already know this but thought I'd share in case anyone was dithering...

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2024 at 6:03 AM Post #6,522 of 6,801
Can't echo this loudly enough. I use them with Elrogs. Over Psvane, the Brimar CV1988 have more body, richness, detail, and bass. They worked brilliantly with my WE too.
I am looking to try these out again. I remember they sounded nice out of all my 6SN7s

Apr 20, 2024 at 6:07 AM Post #6,523 of 6,801
Interesting!
I have had all 3 of these and now only the Sus remains. Empy was long gone before the the Envy arrived after I decided it was way too polite and I moved to hp that I found more revealing and with less warmth. All 3 are some really good ones!!!

Now ya just need some Elrogs (my choice) or WE!!!!
Same. Owned all 3. I do wonder how the Sol P would have sounded like but sold to buy the Envy. Susvara stayed. I’m glad as it some phenomenal off the Envy. Voices are magical. Was listening to this album last 2 days. Amazing.

http://open.qobuz.com/album/ks0p1k3io70va

Apr 20, 2024 at 6:11 AM Post #6,524 of 6,801
Also, I don’t think I will be buying another expensive pair of headphones. I plan to buy some nice bookshelves instead. Excited. Still early days. I would need to audition.

Just waiting for bitcoin to go back up. Make a healthy profit and use some of the winning for a bad ass used end game bookshelf pair.

Apr 20, 2024 at 6:29 AM Post #6,525 of 6,801
I’m going to conclude my adventure with a pair of TCs but bookshelves are great though watch out you’ll need a sub perhaps and it just gets complicated with room interactions. A nice home theater setup with speakers would be more my goal than endgame 2 channel - price to performance. Susvara on Envy is hard to beat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back