Feliks Audio tube amps
Jul 12, 2017 at 12:32 AM Post #62 of 1,113
Place the speakers closer together and toe in. Oh man, this sounds so good now. Will I even want to go back to HD800?

I have never heard my speakers sound so clear and impactful, with an astonishing tight powerful bass. Now this is soundstage and precise instruments separation. Yggy sounds even better with speakers !!!

Pink Floyd rocks now.

DSC_0021.JPG

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2017 at 12:36 AM Post #63 of 1,113
I really think that using Euforia as preamp improves the sound ten fold.

It dials in the tube amp tone that I so love.

Try Euforia as preamp folks. Elise too.

Hmmm maybe I shouldn't have sold off Elise ....

Jul 12, 2017 at 2:31 AM Post #65 of 1,113
Speakers experience so much more fun and involving.

This hobby has just started....

I see Vidar in your future! Btw, did you catch that there's a good deal on Amazon Prime days for the LS50?

Jul 12, 2017 at 2:32 AM Post #66 of 1,113
Although, in the world of speakers there's an ocean of possibilities...

Jul 12, 2017 at 2:43 AM Post #67 of 1,113
Angie, my Axis LS28 is singing like a world class performer now.

All you need is Euforia and Yggdrasil in the equation. When Ragnarok comes, my lounge will explode with brilliance.

I shudder to think what I have got myself into. Next I would want a B&W 802 and some crazy amplification.

Jul 12, 2017 at 2:51 AM Post #69 of 1,113
The sound from the speakers now is amazing. So so clear now. You hear every beat. It is musically involving now.

Angie, sell the bicycle and buy Yggdrasil.

Jul 12, 2017 at 3:05 AM Post #71 of 1,113
Angie your ATC SCM20sl needs Yggy. :)

Those are very good speakers.
I know. Only most people don't! :ksc75smile:

Problem is that if I get Yggy I won't have anything else to use at the office with the Elise! In all honesty - and in view of my imaginary spending - I was really troubled by this perspective! I believe that having to buy two Yggies is an overkill!

Jul 12, 2017 at 3:08 AM Post #72 of 1,113
I know. Only most people don't! :ksc75smile:

Problem is that if I get Yggy I won't have anything else to use at the office with the Elise! In all honesty - and in view of my imaginary spending - I was really troubled by this perspective! I believe that having to buy two Yggies is an overkill!

No you buy Yggy and the new Audio Gd r2r. That will work. :)

The Audio Gd r2r looks promising.

However whirlwind is in ecstacy now with his Holo Spring Level 3.

Jul 12, 2017 at 3:10 AM Post #73 of 1,113
Replicating my other post as it's pertinent to the content of this thread. Plus I'm saving UT from diverting his attention.

My favorite combos so far with the Elise / Sennheiser HD600:
  • GEC 6080 / Sylvania 6sn7w baffles me. It's the most significant audition and the best I've ever heard coming from Elise. Weighty, analytical, renders everything with authority. They make the HD600 sing like ATC SCM20sl. Anyone who's heard what I'm talking about knows this is a significant achievement. Or else, just read the reviews.
  • Mullard 6080 / Sylvania 6sn7wgt. Verygutsy sound and a distinct sound signature. I fare it below the first combo but it's really good. Obviously I can mix and match to obtain characteristics closer to my reference signature by substituting any part of this combo but this is a dish of its own. Lovely upon different circumstances.
  • Tung-Sol 5998 / Tung-Sol 6sn7. My smokey jazz set. Extremely enjoyable at that. Truth be told, I haven't experimented a lot with these so they could be worth a lot more. However I don't see them adding to my reference signature.
Cheers!

Jul 12, 2017 at 3:14 AM Post #75 of 1,113
No you buy Yggy and the new Audio Gd r2r. That will work. :)

The Audio Gd r2r looks promising.

However whirlwind is in ecstacy now with his Holo Spring Level 3.
The relevant thread mentions a dutch review comparing the two. I read it and it appears that the Audio GD gets the Holo Audio on oversampling, while the Holo Audio wins on NOS mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back