Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Aug 16, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #6,061 of 6,413
I don't deny that preferences are personal, but suggesting that FXA11 are priced not too badly at 3 times the price of ASG2.5 is borderline provocative or just surrealistic.

Given the relatively poor performance of the FXA series (and at best average built quality, which is where my "greedy" comment comes from), Fender hasn't really offered any IEM that would make people comfortable paying the price of the a TOTL CIEMs without any "hint".

I'm the first to expect the successor of ASG2.0 / 2.5, but this is just coming from nowhere with nothing concrete to convince that this may be unique.
And competition has become fierce within the 400-800$ bracket, it's not like there aren't any bass-heavy successor to ASG series.

But I'm sure they'll offer "hand-picked" reviewers some free demos to justify this "decent" pricing.
And don't worry, I'll be happy to be wrong if FXA11 are phenomenal in the end. :wink:
If that is what you believe than ofcourse do not buy it. Yes there are many other choices. Hope you find a great iem. If I eas using iems I would give this new iem a try. Im using only headphones. I have five TH900s.
20170719_113526.jpg

Aug 17, 2017 at 1:43 AM Post #6,063 of 6,413
Aug 17, 2017 at 2:00 AM Post #6,064 of 6,413
I don't deny that preferences are personal, but suggesting that FXA11 are priced not too badly at 3 times the price of ASG2.5 is borderline provocative or just surrealistic.

Given the relatively poor performance of the FXA series (and at best average built quality, which is where my "greedy" comment comes from), Fender hasn't really offered any IEM that would make people comfortable paying the price of the a TOTL CIEMs without any "hint".

I'm the first to expect the successor of ASG2.0 / 2.5, but this is just coming from nowhere with nothing concrete to convince that this may be unique.
And competition has become fierce within the 400-800$ bracket, it's not like there aren't any bass-heavy successor to ASG series.

But I'm sure they'll offer "hand-picked" reviewers some free demos to justify this "decent" pricing.
And don't worry, I'll be happy to be wrong if FXA11 are phenomenal in the end. :wink:

If that’s what you believe, then so be it and don’t buy it.

I wish I was handpicked by Fender though, cuz then I don’t have to even pay for the FXA11 to enjoy them. The truth is I went to the Hong Kong High End Audio and Video Show last weekend, lined up for half an hour just to hear the FXA11 for the first time. Had a blast there that day and heard Acoustune’s offerings, the new Polaris by CA etc. : all without the loathing eyes from the staff, unlike what usually happens when you ask to try a pair of earphones at a shop.

Hope you find yourself a nice pair of IEM man.

Aug 31, 2017 at 6:10 AM Post #6,067 of 6,413
Sep 12, 2017 at 9:03 PM Post #6,068 of 6,413
IMG_4604.JPG inspired by both an accessory of the new pioneer ch9T and a japanese head-fier blog, here's one cheap and effective trick to minimise various mmcx issues (dust, drop outs and swivels.)

get a pair of silicone ear tips you are not using, trim off the flanges and sheath the stems onto the connector, reattach the cable and push the stem down until it touches the body of the iem.

done.

works a treat for most mmcx iems in my collection.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #6,069 of 6,413
inspired by both an accessory of the new pioneer ch9T and a japanese head-fier blog, here's one cheap and effective trick to minimise various mmcx issues (dust, drop outs and swivels.)

get a pair of unused silicone ear tips, trim off the flanges and sheath the stems onto the connector, reattach the cable and push the stem down until it touches the body of the iem.

done.

How about a pair of used silicon tips ?

Sep 14, 2017 at 9:29 AM Post #6,071 of 6,413
inspired by both an accessory of the new pioneer ch9T and a japanese head-fier blog, here's one cheap and effective trick to minimise various mmcx issues (dust, drop outs and swivels.)

get a pair of silicone ear tips you are not using, trim off the flanges and sheath the stems onto the connector, reattach the cable and push the stem down until it touches the body of the iem.

done.

Just saw this post when i was looking for the ASG 2.5 thread. Will try on my Kickers if it works...

Sep 20, 2017 at 1:42 AM Post #6,073 of 6,413

Aside from the new FXA11, Fender also showcased their custom made models. I don’t have any details about them though, cuz I didnt have the guts to ask lol

Is that a removable cable version of the Rockets I spy? That would be pretty awesome, the tuning isn't even my favorite but still one of the best all-around IEMs i've ever had.

Sep 20, 2017 at 5:39 AM Post #6,074 of 6,413
Is that a removable cable version of the Rockets I spy? That would be pretty awesome, the tuning isn't even my favorite but still one of the best all-around IEMs i've ever had.

Unfortunately no, apparently these are the custom version of the FXA9 with full BA drivers. I only found out about this info about a week after the Audio Show was over.

Sep 20, 2017 at 6:23 AM Post #6,075 of 6,413
Unfortunately no, apparently these are the custom version of the FXA9 with full BA drivers. I only found out about this info about a week after the Audio Show was over.

At the bottom of your picture, next to the CIEM those look like the old Aurisonics Rockets ------->

IMG_4565_filtered5B15D.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back