Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread
Feb 29, 2016 at 4:55 AM Post #1,141 of 1,164
  I don't know about IEMs, so forgive me for the following stupidity. I am interested in the A73, but how much improvement over my Soundmagic E10 would they offer? Ridiculous question, I am sure. Thanks for the feedback.

I don't own the SoundMagic 10 so I can't give you a direct comparison. However, I've tried a lot of earphones around the £100-£120 mark, and the A73 was the clear winner in most areas. I would assume that based on this, there will be a noticeable difference over the E10, despite the reputation of the E10 for performing above their price bracket (the A73 also performs above its price bracket). A lot of it is down to the balanced armature - the trebles, detail and soundstage are remarkable.

Mar 5, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #1,142 of 1,164
I am interested in the fidue a73. I had the tdk ba200 sometime ago but it wouldn't sing anymore. I listen to a lot of guitar based music, like songa from Clapton, Mayer and pink Floyd. I really enjoyed how guitar stands out from the tdk without sounding harsh. I also loved the tdk's warm sound and wide sound stage. Will the fidue perform anywhere close to the tdk ba200?

Apr 4, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #1,144 of 1,164
I would like a new iem, but im in great doubt. I like an iem with great comfort, average isolation and great and thick bass but still good mids and highs. What is the best the best choice:
shure se215 (great comfort, bass heavy but not that great beyond the bass),
fidue a73 (also very bassy, comfort?) or the
titan 5 (bassy? And great comfort and highs. I loved the FIIO EX1, but not enough isolation and missed some bass)?

Help needed :frowning2:

Apr 4, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #1,145 of 1,164
Hyper1555, what kind of music are you listening to? Whan are your source/ DAP?
From my experience, Fidue A73 are very comfortable. As for sound they are V shaped and very enjoyable. I for instance use Th900 at home, and Fidue A73 out of Sony Zx1 when on the road and can tell that the sound is very similar except that Th900 are much Op . Good treble punchy and controlled bass and you will drift into music, especially if you are into Jean Michel Jarre.. Titan 5 are too bassy for me tbh and unf. didnt try Shures yet. If you are into electronics then Fidue are great, even if you are jogging.

Apr 4, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #1,146 of 1,164
Hyper1555, what kind of music are you listening to? Whan are your source/ DAP?
From my experience, Fidue A73 are very comfortable. As for sound they are V shaped and very enjoyable. I for instance use Th900 at home, and Fidue A73 out of Sony Zx1 when on the road and can tell that the sound is very similar except that Th900 are much Op . Good treble punchy and controlled bass and you will drift into music, especially if you are into Jean Michel Jarre.. Titan 5 are too bassy for me tbh and unf. didnt try Shures yet. If you are into electronics then Fidue are great, even if you are jogging.

Thx for the reply. I listen to techno, house, drumm and bass, top 40,but also music like Coldplay and Jamie cullum. Wide range. The FIIO EX1 (dunu titan 1) were Nice on the highs and great bass, but I missed the rumble when I tested them. The rha t20 were perfect for me. Rich warm sound, rumble in the lows but not overpowered and nice highs (not that great as the FIIO). The shure I could test shortly, they had nice bass and comfort, but the highs were low and the isolation is a bit much.
I don't know if the titan 5 have the bass I want and if the fidue have the durability, the stiff fit around the ear (they have no memory wire like shure) and the bass (but not like the sennheiser momentum in ear).

I'm too picky I guess haha.

Apr 5, 2016 at 3:51 AM Post #1,147 of 1,164
I have read some reviews and, since I tried the FIIO EX1, I think I will go with the titan 5. The have the bass rumble stated in the reviews, but still and Nice highs and warm mids.

Anybody tried the different iems?

May 25, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #1,148 of 1,164
Just got a pair of these used. The fit on them is pretty weird, when pushed in to where it feels like I'm getting a seal the highs get recessed and the lows get muddy. However, when they are just barely pushed it the signature sounds more...as intended. The wire is also kinda tacky, but that's livable.

Edit: After having some time to experiment with them and get some better eartips, they are now very comfortable and pretty easy to get to fit right. Compared to my TH-X00s, they just kill it in sound stage and imaging. Great for anything recorded with good imaging and instrumental in general. The bass, smoothness, and overall energy in the X00s still beat it in electronica though for my tastes (that's not saying much though as the X00s are one of the true kings of the electronic genre).

Also, the A73s are much more revealing than my X00s, making a poorer source more evident. For instance, 50% of my spotify electronic playlists sound pretty bad on the A73s as all the poorly recorded bits are clearly heard, be it a lack of depth, a lack of clarity, or graininess in the recording. Where as in my X00s, these qualities can still be heard but are made "listenable" through it's more forgiving sound signature and intimate sound staging.

Jul 14, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #1,149 of 1,164
Impressive hybrid indeed.  Really cool bass + clear mids and much detailed treble (maybe to much for some).  Vsonic type of cable, fine and comfy fit for me.  Stock medium tips are ok.  Housing is solid and really nice and cool looking.

I  really like their clean and punchy sound, but when I am tired (mostly evening), they are not the best (to relax, let's say).  They are a lively, and they reveal a lot of details indeed (and bad recordings...).

Aug 18, 2016 at 7:17 AM Post #1,150 of 1,164
Are these comparable in sound to the Sony hybrid BA IEMs? Stuff like the H3 or A3. I'm looking for something V-shaped with an holographic soundstage, mostly to use with electronic music, would these fit the description?

Aug 19, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #1,151 of 1,164
I don't have and never tried the Sony Hybrid, but I am pretty confident that you will like the bass and treble action on the A73.  Still, you need to fiddle with your source and amp and tips.  IMHO and for my tastes, I reached a new summit with the A73 using this set up:

iPod Classic + Fiio E12 (lower gain + bass boost activated) + A73 + medium silicone tips of ATH E40 (smaller bore).  Bass is awesome, detail and midrange are very nice and treble is slighly tamed (less fatigue) but still awesome detail and extension.

I am not sure what you mean by holographic soundstage, but instrument separation and imaging is great on A73, for an iem.

Aug 19, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #1,152 of 1,164
Yeah, imaging and separation is what I meant, I really enjoy being able to clearly tell apart synth-lines in electronic music. Right now the most V-shaped pair I have are the M50x, but I think they sound too congested to excel with electronic music.

Nov 3, 2016 at 4:57 AM Post #1,155 of 1,164
How does it compare to fidue a83?

Try reading some of the first few reviews - most mention a comparison with the A83
http://www.head-fi.org/products/fidue-a73-hybrid-monitor-earphones-with-universal-single-button-remote-and-microphone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back