Fiio BTR7 and Mac question!
Nov 13, 2022 at 9:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

zlayde

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all -

Loving my BTR7. Sounds great and really loving it.

I'm using Apple Music, High-Res Lossless.

On my phone it works great via USB: PCM 44K/328 HR

But on my Mac laptop, it only shows 44k/168 SQ

Am I doing something wrong here? This is direct, not through Bluetooth.

Thanks in advance!

Nov 15, 2022 at 9:57 PM Post #2 of 5
Hi all -

Loving my BTR7. Sounds great and really loving it.

I'm using Apple Music, High-Res Lossless.

On my phone it works great via USB: PCM 44K/328 HR

But on my Mac laptop, it only shows 44k/168 SQ

Am I doing something wrong here? This is direct, not through Bluetooth.

Thanks in advance!
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252845429

Could this be a reason? Your midi settings and is the phone/DAC upsampling or is the actual song that high?

Apr 18, 2023 at 2:16 AM Post #3 of 5
Actually I have another - more fundamental - BTR7 & Mac problem:
The first months my BTR7 worked perfectly on my Mac as USB-Dac, but since I upgraded to Ventura, it does not work anymore at all when I connect it via USB. I can only connect it via BT to my Mac, while it still works perfectly as USB-DAC on my iPad (iOS). I checked the audio settings on Mac OS and it would even not show up there as connected device. And BTR7 firmware is on the newest version.

Anyone having a similar problem or knows a solution?

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2023 at 6:30 PM Post #4 of 5
Actually I have another - more fundamental - BTR7 & Mac problem:
The first months my BTR7 worked perfectly on my Mac as USB-Dac, but since I upgraded to Ventura, it does not work anymore at all when I connect it via USB. I can only connect it via BT to my Mac, while it still works perfectly as USB-DAC on my iPad (iOS). I checked the audio settings on Mac OS and it would even not show up there as connected device. And BTR7 firmware is on the newest version.

Anyone having a similar problem or knows a solution?
Did you see a pop-up message on your Mac when you connected the BTR7 via USB? If not, can you try connecting to a different port? Ventura typically asks you to allow every new device, which didn't happen on Monterey or prior. It should be seamless though.

1682029725240.png

Apr 21, 2023 at 2:14 AM Post #5 of 5
Did you see a pop-up message on your Mac when you connected the BTR7 via USB? If not, can you try connecting to a different port? Ventura typically asks you to allow every new device, which didn't happen on Monterey or prior. It should be seamless though.

1682029725240.png
Thanks for that hint. I also suspect it might have to do with that...because actually this pop up window always only appears for a split of a second...so quickly that I cannot not click it. Well, after trying it for 20 times in a row, it once stayed so I could click it...and since then it works! So it might be a software problem on side of my MacOS?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back