FiiO E11K &A3 Portable Amplifier Info/News Thread (Early Impressions)
Oct 31, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #466 of 718
Sorry didn't see your source there, have a look at the Little Dot I+ and check out the thread.

I'd probably go right from the NAD to the LD but you can experiment with the buffer in between.
I like that little buffer I might just have to pick one up.
beerchug.gif

Thanks T'Dragon for the suggestion. Now I'm not sure if I should keep the e11k. do you think the sound upgrade will be that good over the e11k?

I rolled the tuber buffer  with Telefunken NOS, nice and warm.  Now I need a power supply for it...

Nov 1, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #467 of 718

Thanks T'Dragon for the suggestion. Now I'm not sure if I should keep the e11k. do you think the sound upgrade will be that good over the e11k?

I rolled the tuber buffer  with Telefunken NOS, nice and warm.  Now I need a power supply for it...

I have never heard the LD I+ as I have a LD MK IV OTL for my HighZ headphones. In my opinion the E11K is a great sounding portable amp just with a bizarre design for portable use.

You really can't compare it to the LD I+ desktop amp that you can tailor the sound to your liking within reason of course. You can roll opamps and use just about any tube you want to try in it from the stock 7 pins, double triodes like the 6DJ8's or 6SL7's and all the way up to a pair of C3gs's. Anything other than stock 7 pin tubes require socket adapters to work which can be purchased on eBay or DIY, all that info is covered in the rolling thread.

The start of the guide is really old, a good chart of stock tubes is on page 77 and the dual tridode stuff starts much much later.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/563884/little-dot-tube-amps-vacuum-tube-rolling-guide

I'd keep the E11K if you require a portable amp, otherwise the LD will give you great performance as a desktop amp and putting in a pair of these Yugoslavian 6HM5's will give you one of the best 7 pin tubes you could use.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/6HM5-6HA5-EC900-export-quality-audio-triode-tube-NOS-FREE-SHIPPING-/300879467071

He takes offers as well and thread members ah picked them up for $5 each. :wink:

Anyway I don't want to OT this thread too much with tube talk...
beerchug.gif

Nov 7, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #469 of 718
  How is the EMI interferance on this Fiio E11K compared to the E12 for exsample?

I haven't measure anything with instruments, so I don't really know. However, I've not heard anything like interference (i.e buzzing) from nearby phones or networking equipment.

Nov 23, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #474 of 718
Looking at this E11K. Love the price. Just curious, what does stepping up in class to an E12A or a Cayin 5 do? Worth 3X the cost over the E11K?

iPod Classic with all Apple Loseless
HF5's now, probably going to RHA T10's
Audio Technica M50

Nov 25, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #475 of 718
Hi guys!

I always struggle to find people are using the same headphones as me when comparing equipment... Has any one got experience with using the E11K with an X5 player and the following IEMs and headphones...

Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6
Bowers & Wilkins P3
Ultimate Ears Super.fi 3 (IEMs)

Looking at beefing up the audio coming from my FLAC music library.

Anyone paired any of the headphones and could shed some light?

Mat

Nov 25, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #476 of 718
Hi guys!

I always struggle to find people are using the same headphones as me when comparing equipment... Has any one got experience with using the E11K with an X5 player and the following IEMs and headphones...

Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6
Bowers & Wilkins P3
Ultimate Ears Super.fi 3 (IEMs)

Looking at beefing up the audio coming from my FLAC music library.

Anyone paired any of the headphones and could shed some light?

Mat

I have both the E11k and X5 but not any of the headphones that you mentioned. However, I feel that the X5 is good enough as a standalone DAP without the need to attach the E11K with it. Does not bring the SQ of X5 further.

E11K however does pair very well with Dx50.

Dec 5, 2014 at 1:33 AM Post #478 of 718
^^^ where did you get that cable?

Dec 5, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #480 of 718
5054f50787281100f3355d07ecd838a4.jpg

710b560f8289c74a2fd2faff16d20f71.jpg

Fiio x1 + Fiio e11k + Blox BE3

Wait a minute, did FiiO released a stack up kit for X1?!?  I don't see it mentioned on their website, only armband and cases.  Where did you get it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back