Fiio e17 as DAC for matrix m-stage
Jul 25, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:
Hey all...so can it be done? has anyone hooked up a e17 or e7 to their m-stage successfully and used it as an amp/dac combo? Is this worth doing? 

I guess you can use the DAC feature of the E17 with the Matrix M-stage.
Do you all ready own both or have one and looking to buy the other?
What source(s) are you using?

Jul 26, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #3 of 6
I was looking to buy the M-stage I currently have the E17 and I'm using an iMac from 2008 as the source. You think it would be worth going with the m-stage or getting the asgard or the nwavguy O2 (or ODA when its released)...I'm just trying to think of ways to get the best sound out of the equipment I have without buying a new desktop DAC.

Jul 26, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
I was looking to buy the M-stage I currently have the E17 and I'm using an iMac from 2008 as the source. You think it would be worth going with the m-stage or getting the asgard or the nwavguy O2 (or ODA when its released)...I'm just trying to think of ways to get the best sound out of the equipment I have without buying a new desktop DAC.

Some headphones really do not need much of a headphone amplifier to sound good.
What headphones are you using?

Jul 26, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

I'd wait for the Odac, if its true that its performance is good as 1k amps..you don't have to think much about it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back