Fiio E17 Crackling noise
Feb 23, 2014 at 2:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Santi

New Head-Fier
When using my Fiio E17 over USB I get a weak "crackling" / static noise, especially at higher frequencies. Not so much it ruins the whole listening experience but still more than enough to be annoying. But when using it with the minijack it's perfectly fine.
Has anyone else experienced this? Is the E17 possibly defective or is this just to be expected without a separate / more expensive DAC?

I've tried multiple USB ports on multiple computers, different drivers, different settings, etc, nothing has helped so far.

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:35 AM Post #3 of 3
Now I'm also experiencing the same issue. Re-post from the other thread:

"Gosh, now it's my turn. I just bought the E17 less than a week ago & it's already happening! :frowning2: Initially, I thought the Flac file I was playing could be corrupted so I re-ripped the same album again only to find out it's still happening at random on other Flac/MP3 files too. Arrh wasted my time!

At home, I'm using the E17 with my laptop (Window PC) + ATH-M50x headphone, while outside I'm using the E17 with my Galaxy Note 3 smartphone + ATH-M50x or SONY earbuds. Unfortunately, the static or crackling noise occurred in both situations at random.

I tried all sorts of way: Unplug the USB cable, use a different USB cable, unplug the headphone jack, switch off the E17, played both Flac & MP3 files, etc but completely futile. It occurs randomly & at its own whim. It is driving me crazy!   

As of now, is there any solution yet? Has the issue been identified? If none, I'll bring back to the seller for refund & will use the money to get another DAC/Amp. It seems other FiiO models are also having similar issue."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back