FiiO E17+ FiiO E09K combo sudden sound distortion and cracking noise from volume knot
Feb 18, 2014 at 1:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Arkarkwin

New Head-Fier
Hello,
I have FiiO E17 with FiiO E09K on USB connection
My computer is Asus Z77 Sabertooth motherboard
OS - Windows 8 for 2 weeks and Windows 7 for 6-7 months.
Headphone - Sennheiser HD600, Audio Technica ATH-M50

I have been running FiiO E17 with FiiO E09K combo (USB) for 6-7 months now and I have been experiencing sudden loud sound distortion when changing music player in my computer. For example, if I change from FOObar2000 to Spotify or video streaming from browser to VLC or any music player, the sound would output very loud distorted noise like GEE-GEE-GEE. I have to disable and re-enable FiiO DAC connection from my sound properties to fix that. Sometime, it even happens while the computer is playing the same song.
My first reaction was to replace the USB cable but it didn't help.
Then,  two weeks ago, I upgraded to Windows 8 and it was a bit stable (I could use the sound longer than when I was in Windows 8 before I had to reset the sound properties).
I have downloaded driver from FiiO website and changed USB ports but I still have the issue.

Before this, I noticed whenever I turn the volume knot, I would get static noise. I put a Steel series gaming mouse pad under it and it helps a lot.
But this sudden sound distortion is bordering me a lot because sometime I have to exit out of game to reset the sound properties. 
Can anybody help me out here.
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back