Fiio E7 USB Malfunction
Jul 7, 2012 at 10:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Aquafear

New Head-Fier
My Fiio E7's mini USB port no longer works. It no longer charges nor recognizes audio coming through USB. I know for certain it is the USB because for a short while before complete failure I could jimmy the plug and get a stable connection at a certain angle.

I think it may be over one year since purchase, so what can I do? Will Fiio support it regardless? Is there a way to repair the USB port?

Jul 8, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #2 of 4
Can you open it up to look inside? I'm sure there must be someone around good with a soldering iron? It could be a weak solder point somewhere and a heat gun can fix stuff like that sometimes. I fixed a friends xbox and my wife's iphone that way.

Jul 8, 2012 at 6:52 PM Post #3 of 4
Yes. I unscrewed the back plate, but the device is very compact. I guess I'll do some digging around in there, but is it likely that I'll be able to repair a small thing like this?

Jul 9, 2012 at 7:39 AM Post #4 of 4
If it's possible to use a heat gun without melting anything then yeh you could do it yourself. You could check for corrosion too inside the usb socket. That's easily fixed too with some deoxit gold.

If you can get the circuit board out and have a good look at it and wiggle the usb socket you might be able to see where the bad connection is if there is one. I'm sure there are guys who fix stuff like this but what they'll charge may be approaching the price of a new e7 so you may as well have a go at fixing it yourself.

Edit. hang on does the e7 have a fiio dock connector? There are fiio accessories that give you an extra usb in(L7)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back