FiiO F9, F9Pro-Detachable MMCX connector,Hi-Res Audio Certified,2.5mm TRRS/3.5mm audio cable
Sep 13, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #436 of 1,544
Both. I find the F9 a bit fatiguing because of its brightness and too much isolation.

I think I understand what you mean. Too much isolation ain't a good thing. Hence why manufacturers makes holes in the shells of iems. In most cases it does improve the openness and sound quality.

I do not agree that they have too much isolation. They do a great job in blocking out a lot of background noise so allowing me to be immersed in the music, however, I can still make out what is going on around me. Compared to my other earphones I really appreciate this extra level of isolation.

Sep 13, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #437 of 1,544
I do not agree that they have too much isolation. They do a great job in blocking out a lot of background noise so allowing me to be immersed in the music, however, I can still make out what is going on around me. Compared to my other earphones I really appreciate this extra level of isolation.
I respect your opinion. F9 is a good iem for critical listening, but I find it too bright and sibilant. Not my cup of tea I guess.

Sep 13, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #438 of 1,544
From what Preddd first wrote, I am not sure that the isolation was really the problem, more that the IEMs sealed so well that he felt too much pressure in his inner ears so had to remove them to relieve the pressure. A good seal does help with isolation, but when it seals so well that your ears start hurting from the pressure, that is not good. I wonder if he tried foam tips with them. The foam would seem to be much more air permeable than silicone tips, obviously, and though the foam tips would still give a good seal, they might also allow the ears to "breathe," so to speak, and avoid that pressure build up.

Holly

Sep 13, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #439 of 1,544
From what Preddd first wrote, I am not sure that the isolation was really the problem, more that the IEMs sealed so well that he felt too much pressure in his inner ears so had to remove them to relieve the pressure. A good seal does help with isolation, but when it seals so well that your ears start hurting from the pressure, that is not good. I wonder if he tried foam tips with them. The foam would seem to be much more air permeable than silicone tips, obviously, and though the foam tips would still give a good seal, they might also allow the ears to "breathe," so to speak, and avoid that pressure build up.

Holly

I had the opposite effect with the F9s initially in that I could not get a good seal with the supplied ear tips so the sound was very weak. Once I put my foam tips on and got the seal that I needed the sound was amazing. I was so impressed with them that I listened to my X5III for over 4 hours solid.

Sep 13, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #440 of 1,544
I respect your opinion. F9 is a good iem for critical listening, but I find it too bright and sibilant. Not my cup of tea I guess.

I suppose it all depends on how you like your sound. I personally like that brightness and clarity as vocals on the F9 are amazing. I am not really an R&B fan but I use "Human" to test my Headphones as the track has good forward vocals with a thumping Bass Line in the background and the F9s reproduced both beautifully. As I said earlier, it was as if I had my Beoplay H6s plugged into my ears.

Sep 13, 2017 at 8:30 PM Post #441 of 1,544
God morning from Thailand !

Sitting here and checking if i could do any good deals today when it comes to 1Moore Quad Driver IEM's...And the answer is -YES..what you say about buying these for 109.99US..yes you can..i just bought a pair..a steal i think or atleast a good buy.
So i think i buy a Lotto ticket too..Got the Cayin N3 yesterday for 112.99US...and these Quads for 109.99US...Thank you very much.

Have an awsome day today...//Suneerat :)

Sep 14, 2017 at 1:00 AM Post #443 of 1,544
I think I understand what you mean. Too much isolation ain't a good thing. Hence why manufacturers makes holes in the shells of iems. In most cases it does improve the openness and sound quality.

Actually thats not the reason at all. The primary reason is for dynamic drivers. If you get too much of a seal, the changes in pressure can lead to driver flex. This doesn't happen with BA's, so they aren't typically ported or vented. The ports or vents can be used for tuning, but suggesting a ported IEM will give better SQ over an un-ported is not correct. Many of the best TOTL IEMs are based on un-ported multi-BA arrangements.

Holly

The F9 is ported though so that should relieve the pressure. Might just be a matter of adjusting. Your idea of foam tips is a good one too.

Sep 15, 2017 at 12:21 AM Post #445 of 1,544
Just got the Fiio F9 yesterday and am happy with them! Very enjoyable, engaging listening. I'm not a very experience audiophile, but am dabbling in some higher end audio gear the last few years. Had a decent IEM, Shure SE315. Lost those and haven't found them in a year. Was looking for a new IEM for $100-$250ish. Got the Bowers & Wilkins, liked the sound (not reference) but they hurt my ears. Was about to get something closer to the $250 mark but was intrigued by the reviews for the F9. Have another Fiio product, the A3 and I think it's great quality.
From some reviews I was concerned about the treble peak as I can be sensitive to sibilance - MBQuart premium components I put in my car had very tiring sibilance. Also, was concerned there would not be enough bass for me, though I don't need basshead amounts. First tried the bass ear tips and it was too much bass for me and high end seemed a bit constrained. With the reference ear tips the bass is good for rock, EDM, everything. Also the high end opened up just fine, I think better than the Shure SE315 from what I remember, and no sibilance/tiring I can detect. I wouldn't say these have huge soundstage like my Sennheiser over-the-ears, but it's noticeably better soundstage/depth than $20 IEMs. These do have quite a bit of isolation, but I have not experienced weird ear pressure with these like I had a couple times with the Shures. Overall, like many have said I think these are great for the price. I'd expect going up to $300-$500 offerings would sound better, yet these are night and day difference from $20 IEMs. Very happy with them and no regrets at all not trying the $200-$250 options I was looking at.

Sep 15, 2017 at 3:42 AM Post #446 of 1,544
Just got the Fiio F9 yesterday and am happy with them! Very enjoyable, engaging listening. I'm not a very experience audiophile, but am dabbling in some higher end audio gear the last few years. Had a decent IEM, Shure SE315. Lost those and haven't found them in a year. Was looking for a new IEM for $100-$250ish. Got the Bowers & Wilkins, liked the sound (not reference) but they hurt my ears. Was about to get something closer to the $250 mark but was intrigued by the reviews for the F9. Have another Fiio product, the A3 and I think it's great quality.
From some reviews I was concerned about the treble peak as I can be sensitive to sibilance - MBQuart premium components I put in my car had very tiring sibilance. Also, was concerned there would not be enough bass for me, though I don't need basshead amounts. First tried the bass ear tips and it was too much bass for me and high end seemed a bit constrained. With the reference ear tips the bass is good for rock, EDM, everything. Also the high end opened up just fine, I think better than the Shure SE315 from what I remember, and no sibilance/tiring I can detect. I wouldn't say these have huge soundstage like my Sennheiser over-the-ears, but it's noticeably better soundstage/depth than $20 IEMs. These do have quite a bit of isolation, but I have not experienced weird ear pressure with these like I had a couple times with the Shures. Overall, like many have said I think these are great for the price. I'd expect going up to $300-$500 offerings would sound better, yet these are night and day difference from $20 IEMs. Very happy with them and no regrets at all not trying the $200-$250 options I was looking at.

Hi there music friend !

I was thinking long and hard about the F9's,have the Fiio X1 IIGen already which i like very much.The i bought the 1Moore Triple Driver IEm's,loved the too (maybe a little bit moore then the X1's.What made my mind up was when i could get the 1Moore QUAD Drivers for the same price as the F9's..well i choose to order the Quad's..and mostly because of the price..109.99US Free Shipping..I just checked 5 minutes ago and they are marked as "Shipped"..awsome.
If someone of you have the Quad's and can compare them with the F9's,please do so..Have an awsome day everyone..:)

Sep 15, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #447 of 1,544
I
Hi there music friend !

I was thinking long and hard about the F9's,have the Fiio X1 IIGen already which i like very much.The i bought the 1Moore Triple Driver IEm's,loved the too (maybe a little bit moore then the X1's.What made my mind up was when i could get the 1Moore QUAD Drivers for the same price as the F9's..well i choose to order the Quad's..and mostly because of the price..109.99US Free Shipping..I just checked 5 minutes ago and they are marked as "Shipped"..awsome.
If someone of you have the Quad's and can compare them with the F9's,please do so..Have an awsome day everyone..:)

I am a B&O headphone fan and my favourite sounding headphones are the Beoplay H6. For me the F9s have the same brightness and clarity as the H6 and handle bass without distortion just like the H6.

As for earphones I have Beoplay H3 ANC, Bose (the most comfortable ever) and NuForce, all of these are now sitting in my tech junk box as the FiiO F9 blows them all out of the water for sound quality.

Sep 15, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #449 of 1,544
Both fit - its standard MMCX

Users who are viewing this thread

Back