FiiO FH5 - Quad Driver Hybrid In-Ear Monitors || Knowles Balanced Armature Drivers
Mar 28, 2019 at 2:46 AM Post #1,846 of 2,258
I love FH5's sound very much. Using for six months. I try all ear tips that come with FH5 including spiral dot and spinfit. There is none that fit with my ears. It always pop out. I think it because of short nozzle.
It very annoy me, so I give up with FH5 and will find new iems. I love its sound but enough is enough

c584a5de8c584e0.jpg
Same I tried many tips and somehow left ear tip will loosen and drop out when I move my head
I since gotten the meze rai pentai

Mar 28, 2019 at 2:58 AM Post #1,847 of 2,258
I love FH5's sound very much. Using for six months. I try all ear tips that come with FH5 including spiral dot and spinfit. There is none that fit with my ears. It always pop out. I think it because of short nozzle.
It very annoy me, so I give up with FH5 and will find new iems. I love its sound but enough is enough
I'm one of the lucky ones. FH5 fits me perfectly with the included tips, but most importantly with Spiral Dots (M). Best sounding IEM I've heard to date, though it's definitely not for everyone.

Mar 28, 2019 at 7:02 AM Post #1,848 of 2,258
Same I tried many tips and somehow left ear tip will loosen and drop out when I move my head
I since gotten the meze rai pentai

I had same problem as you guys. Only thing that works for me is Symbio W tips on top of a 1-2 mm spacer cut from the included small tips.

The tips often remain in my ear when I pull the IEM out. This would be a glorious IEM if the nozzle were a bit longer.

Mar 28, 2019 at 7:33 AM Post #1,849 of 2,258
F
I had same problem as you guys. Only thing that works for me is Symbio W tips on top of a 1-2 mm spacer cut from the included small tips.

The tips often remain in my ear when I pull the IEM out. This would be a glorious IEM if the nozzle were a bit longer.
Yes after trying few tips. Symbio W are the best. It stayed longer on my left ear than the others.
I am still keeping the FH5 as my spare.

Mar 29, 2019 at 8:40 PM Post #1,850 of 2,258
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg CP 100.jpg After a year of experimenting, I finally have a final solution for deep-skinned holes like mine. Symbio as well as at home a glue from cheap Chinese tips and at home in the kitchen cut foam. Let's see the detail of the selected foam - my 90-year-old mom with her shaking hands would probably have cut her. For 15 Euros it would not be - it would even exterminate them. Of course, I have nothing against business in the kitchen or in the garage, but the audiophile crap around for about 2 Euros has a little auction. My win is bet Spinfit 100 to KZ tips - even better is the tip from BGVP DMG. BGVP is an extremely fine black silicone with a large outlet opening, which significantly adds a little bit of poor FH5 to the bass. Unfortunately, I can't buy it separately, but SPINFIT CP100 is almost the same. Some time ago I had my FH5 embarrassment destroyed by a bundle of BGVP DMG, but these became equal. Of course, the rubber ring on the FH5 neck is still valid. Ordinary replacement water tap for 10pcs per 90 cents in a proper iron shop.
Link

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-Pairs-L-M-S-In-Ear-Tips-Earbuds-Headphones-Silicone-Eartips-For-KZ-ED10-ED8m/32712990205.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.129e4c4dkq3U9U [/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2019 at 8:21 AM Post #1,851 of 2,258

I´m having similar experience mate. I really like FH5 sound, especially when running them balanced and with slight mods I´ve mentioned in this thread.
But the fit is killing me. The need to adjust them in my ears every few mins when I´m on the go is annoying. That´s why I looked for around the ear iems in the first place, to keep them secure in my ear...
I´m gonna need to try to use some spacers as reported above, otherwise I´m gonna need to sell them :/ and keep the Kanas pro / TSMR3Pro which should arrive next week (if they fit ofc :D)

Mar 31, 2019 at 2:46 AM Post #1,852 of 2,258
I do wish the nozzle was longer. None of the stock tips were really suitable for me. I've been using double flange Spinfits and, thankfully, they fit well enough for me.

Apr 2, 2019 at 3:56 AM Post #1,857 of 2,258
Same problem here. What is more the cable gets really stiff after some time and the MMCX connection is really weak. After some month i have problems on the rigth side. All this with a 300 Dollar product. I would not buy again.
Dear friend,

Please send email to support@fiio.com about that with your receipt attached.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 9, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #1,858 of 2,258
Can someone recommend a more portable (read lighter) cable that isn't super expensive? The stock LC-B is ok but it's heavier than the shells so it's not great for a lot of moving around. Angled mmcx connectors and a braided construction are a must.

Apr 9, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #1,859 of 2,258

Users who are viewing this thread

Back