FiiO FH5 - Quad Driver Hybrid In-Ear Monitors || Knowles Balanced Armature Drivers
Oct 6, 2020 at 4:05 PM Post #2,176 of 2,258
[QUOTE = "Janjohnnn, сообщение: 15415465, участник: 501326"]
ISN H40. По цене 195 долларов. Вы можете проверить ветку ISN H40 для впечатлений и сравнений
[/ QUOTE]

No way!

Oct 8, 2020 at 9:11 AM Post #2,177 of 2,258
I asked this previously in this thread but didn't get a reply, but I thought I'd try again since the conversation has come around to fit again - the double-flange tips are the only ones that really work for me, but the rubber is a bit hard, and as a result my ears get a bit irritated.

Can anyone reccomend any aftermarket double-flange tips (aside from the SpinFit CP240, I'm not paying $15 for 1 pair of eartips) that would fit these headphones that are made from softer, more malleable silicone? I remember having some MEElectronics tips for my old Philips SHE3590's that were great, but I don't know if they make any that are the correct diameter for the FH5 stem.

I've had the FH5 since they came out and have tried many tips, including foams and double-flanges. For me the issue isn't so much the short nozzle (my canals are fairly shallow) but the nozzle angle and the weight of the shells pulls them out of my canals and beaks the seal with time, so I have to push them back in every 10 mins. The only tips I found that prevent this are Sony hybrids. Their silicone is much softer and stickier than any of my other tips, so the fit is much more secure.

Nov 2, 2020 at 12:17 PM Post #2,180 of 2,258
I had an older Shure 530 and most any iem newer by a year or or two is better; the newer microelectronics are much better. By fh5 is way better than thre shure 530 which cost almost twice the price at its time.
I’ll try to listen to the fh5 and my old 425 at the same time but hope for a noticeable difference. In the price range of the fh5, is there anything that can compete?

Dec 13, 2020 at 12:56 AM Post #2,182 of 2,258
I am a proud new owner oh fh5 black, i bought also a LC 4,4b cable and changed the stock cable from the first use. Pluged in Fiio M15, USB App in Tidal with MQA tracks - pure bliss, it was instant love. It has a very good bass extension, it goes very deep and sounds very clear, mids were ok, highs with clarity and not harsh. Perfect fit from the start with bass L tips, i tried also foam tips but i preffered in the end the bass tips.
Some people here complained about mids being sometimes fatiguing and too forward for female vocals, after 10 hours of use i did not find any issue with the mids, these are really very pleasant.
I used before Senn IE80 and IE800 with Fiio Q5, FH5 sounds better than both of them, better and deeper bass, better mids and clarity without sibilance.
FH 5 put a big smile on my face and i don't believe that this will be erased very soon by another iem.

Dec 13, 2020 at 1:10 AM Post #2,183 of 2,258
I also own the FH5 black. It is an awesome sounding IEM, with excellent bass extension, and a very balanced sound. The sound quality they offer is well into the 400 US price range. I seriously doubt these can be beaten at their 250 US price point. I was using the medium sized vocal tips for a while, but I ended up finally settling with the medium sized balanced tips. The vocal tips are certainly forward in 2kHz region, which can become a bit fatiguing after a while. The balanced tips sound correct, with no harshness present at all. The bass tips cause the mids on the FH5 to become too recessed, and also dips the upper treble. You should give the balanced tips a try. In terms of comfort as well, this IEM is the best fitting and most comfortable IEM I have ever owned. I have major issues trying to get a fit with many different IEMs I have tried. The FH5 is the first ones I have ever owned that fit my ears perfectly.

Dec 13, 2020 at 5:23 AM Post #2,184 of 2,258
The newer fh3 is close to the fh5 and costs much less.
Tried fh3 and fh5 and my old shure 425 and you were right. No comparison possible! Fh’s are more refined and detailed specially in the mids and highs with a noticeable punchier bass. They are very similar in sound signature but the fh5 seem more forward and detailed. Bought them with no regrets. The only thing the shure are best is in isolating ambient sound and for that I’ve got my shooting ear tips.

Dec 13, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #2,185 of 2,258
Started playing with different old sources , just for fun, testing the new toy and wow ! a lot of surprises.
The most unexpected surprise is an old IPhone SE, whitch never had enough power for my taste to drive Senn IE 80 and IE 800, now is very good (for a phone though) with FH 5 , nice bass mids and highs, and some power reserve, I am not listening at max volume and it is loud enough and pleasant.
The next surprise is Fiio X5 2, FH 5 just take out the best ever without amplifier. From my current phone Samsung E10 the sound is quite good, if I will have to use it without an amplifier for some travel it will be quite enjoyable.
I think that FH 5 is a very good all rounder, sounds good direct from phones and medium players, but when it is paired with DAPs and headphones amplifiers the sound becomes very very good.

Dec 13, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #2,186 of 2,258
Started playing with different old sources , just for fun, testing the new toy and wow ! a lot of surprises.
The most unexpected surprise is an old IPhone SE, whitch never had enough power for my taste to drive Senn IE 80 and IE 800, now is very good (for a phone though) with FH 5 , nice bass mids and highs, and some power reserve, I am not listening at max volume and it is loud enough and pleasant.
The next surprise is Fiio X5 2, FH 5 just take out the best ever without amplifier. From my current phone Samsung E10 the sound is quite good, if I will have to use it without an amplifier for some travel it will be quite enjoyable.
I think that FH 5 is a very good all rounder, sounds good direct from phones and medium players, but when it is paired with DAPs and headphones amplifiers the sound becomes very very good.
I have '16 iphone SE and with a fiio btr5 or my fiio q5 all my iems sound vert good. BT and portable amps. :)

Jan 18, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #2,187 of 2,258
Look for mom or girlfriend in the kitchen after such a fork. Works on both F9 and FH5 always. Both have one MMCX connector smaller or tighter. 100% effect without bruised fingers and other goodies
8.jpg

Finally a solution for suffering with cable replacement. Perhaps definitely, but he's just on his way to me
klieste.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001611157987.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.8e154c4dvDNr7a

Apr 5, 2021 at 5:02 AM Post #2,190 of 2,258
I also own the FH5 black. It is an awesome sounding IEM, with excellent bass extension, and a very balanced sound. The sound quality they offer is well into the 400 US price range. I seriously doubt these can be beaten at their 250 US price point. I was using the medium sized vocal tips for a while, but I ended up finally settling with the medium sized balanced tips. The vocal tips are certainly forward in 2kHz region, which can become a bit fatiguing after a while. The balanced tips sound correct, with no harshness present at all. The bass tips cause the mids on the FH5 to become too recessed, and also dips the upper treble. You should give the balanced tips a try. In terms of comfort as well, this IEM is the best fitting and most comfortable IEM I have ever owned. I have major issues trying to get a fit with many different IEMs I have tried. The FH5 is the first ones I have ever owned that fit my ears perfectly.
Brooko a reviewer here advised during his review of the FH5 to drop the 2kHz band by 4dB and the 1 kHz band by 2kHz. I use the bass tips and always apply this EQ. I've just ordered another set and will try the balanced tips as well as SpinFits and JVC Spiral Dots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back